MaxWell & Julius Thomas & Nate Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MaxWell & Julius Thomas & Nate Allen

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Julius Thomas looks old,slow & broken down by injuries I am like 99.9% sure he will be cut this coming off-season (but he does look better then Jordan Cameron) We really need to draft a TE in this coming draft these stop gaps are not working.

MaxWell looked horrendous today...Chargers Wr's are OK they don't even have Mike Williams back & he was getting picked on & reacted late to everything(I was at the game & every throw for a 1st down Rivers looked at Maxwell's direction or to the TE.

Nate Allen...I don't care he didn't pick off that int but his coverage was pretty bad I was hoping he had more knack for the ball IF we had a better safety Gates would not catch that TD pass I hope he improves & is just rust but he doesn't look like starter material...Hopefully McDonald is a good replacement for him.

I've only watched the first 17 minutes so far but Thomas had one good run block. A seal block on Ajayi's 2nd (?) carry where he sprung left to the outside.

I'm going to wait to judge the secondary until the All22 film is out because you can't see coverages and route concepts from the broadcast views. Although it is quite apparent that Maxwell struggled in multiple areas, especially in back 7 communication.

Last edited:
Julius looked better than i was expecting actually.. he looked like he was running with cement shoes in the preseason. Looked okay and gave effort, thats all it takes for him to look okay.
I am not a Nate Allen fan at all I was shocked we paid him what we did and even more upset we are okay with him starting at free

I only watched the 4th q and a bit of a third on my phone in the car on the way home from a long flight so I probably missed a lot.... but I dont recall noticing Thomas once

everyone jumps to conclusions so quick. Gase already said he called a bad game, and I'm sure Burke did too.
FYI, Fasano didn't catch a ball too. Miami really didn't target TE's, and they stayed in to block and helped Ajayi have a great day and a safe offense that won. You can't have it both ways, spoiled fans

Don't spare Kiko from the **** list. He was absolutely horrendous, which isn't rare for him, although he's usually able to pull his grade up to "average". There was one series where he was single handedly responsible for giving up three huge plays/gains. I think it was the series that led to the Gates TD.

I thought julius blocked well. it actually surprised me

X needs to be more consistent too frankly. Got beat inside more than you'd like to see of a #1 cb. Keenan Allen though is a very good player. Excellent burst in and out of cuts.

Id rather see Duarte than fat boy Thomas, Maxwell needs to go, and please tell me what happened to our pass rush

Don't spare Kiko from the **** list. He was absolutely horrendous, which isn't rare for him, although he's usually able to pull his grade up to "average". There was one series where he was single handedly responsible for giving up three huge plays/gains. I think it was the series that led to the Gates TD.

Yep. Kiko was bad. Got swallowed up a couple times, and took some bad angles. The only LB that actually earned his paycheck yesterday was Chase Allen, and his paycheck is as small as it gets when your on the 53.

Back
Top Bottom