Maybe Ireland has EVERYONE fooled

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fanfin, Mar 6, 2013.

1. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

And is scheming something epic like the signings of Mike Wallace, Keenan Lewis, Jared Cook, and Chris Clemons and drafting Keenan Allen at #12 and OT Kyle Long #42 and Tank Carradine at #54...... I think with the way the AFC is with a good offseason the only threats to us in the AFC are Denver and New England who both have 36+ year old QB's. I think the time is now... FINS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

How can Ireland have anyone fooled when he has not revealed his plans to anyone?

3. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

because everyone expects the same old dolphins in 2013.. not an explosive team on offense

4. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

What in Jeff Ireland's history of running this franchise leads you to believe that he has everyone fooled right now?

5. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

with HIS OWN first 2 first rounders he hit homeruns with Mike Pouncey and Ryan Tannehill.. He has never had the cap space or money he has available. Remember the report of him rubbing his hands together in the locker room after Buffalo game saying "I've got picks and money". Ireland is in a position everyone on this forum would love to be in. Your response is exactly what I am talking about. Everyone thinks he is just going to do the same old conservative spend money and picks on OL DL and LB, or totally blow this offseason... The cap space and draft picks were by design. IMO Wallace > Bmarsh. Everyone expects Ireland to fail but I believe he has a plan and is sticking to it. I think everyone will be SHOCKED by this offseason and all the media pundits will be picking Miami as the team to watch in 2013.. Have some faith brother, I know the results haven't been what we want but rome wasn't built in a day. It is our time, fins up!

6. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

How is everyone fooled when there are TONS of reports about signing Mike Wallace and multiple reports about adding pieces around Tannehill? There is also now reports surfacing of Miami interested in Cook. I dont see how anyone is being fooled.

7. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

WR at 12? No thanks

8. PlexGod

PlexGod Starter

Yeah we could only be sooooo lucky...i think the only one fooled IS Jeff Ireland himself. If he thinks signing Hartline is a good idea at 6.5 mil a year then we r in trouble and are probably all going to be extremely dissapointed in 2013 and im expecting alot of the same old fins from the past 10 years.

9. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

Everyone would be fooled by Ireland delivering a GREAT OFF-SEASON, like the one I threw out there. No one expects Miami to be a contender but I do

10. PlexGod

PlexGod Starter

I think maybe he is "fooling" us by saying we r interested in those guys and we end up signing a 32 yr old OG and 30 year CB that we over pay for and bammm!!! FA offseason complete... Dont forget overpaying for Fartline...

11. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Everyone does not expect the same old Dolphins in 2013 and Ireland has already stated that he needs to find playmakers for Tannehill.

12. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Under estimating the free agent market value at key positions contributed a large portion of the cap space. That's not by design that's a result of a mistake that a good front office exec shouldn't be making.

FYI, Ireland is very conservative when it comes to bidding for players services. In order to land Wallace he is going to have to be willing to fork out Calvin Johnson type money. If he does and gets him, I'll be the first to congratulate him. But I am not holding my breath that he will close the deal.

13. TrinidadDolfan

TrinidadDolfan 1st Team All-Pro

Are you insinuating that Ireland has everyone fooled?
    That would mean that he really is not an idiot.

Interesting concept.....hmmmm.....I will believe it when we become perennial Playoff contenders.
    Until then....well, he has noone fooled. Except maybe for Omar.

14. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

yes I believe he opens up the check books big time this offseason

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Yes.. I do think he actually knows what he is doing.. innovating, cutting edge stuff I know. But we will find out 6 weeks from now when FA and draft is over

15. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

You might be on to something here he has to be penciled in as Executive Of The Year!

16. psfign

psfign A True Fan

if anyone was fooled, it was me...thinking this would be an interesting post..

17. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Last year when he FINALLY invested at the QB position, I said I'd try to get off his back for awhile. I've been largely successful so far.

If he gets us playmakers this year, he'll earn a little more slack AFAIC.

But, if he screws up this offseason - for me, all bets will be off again.

18. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If Ireland delivers a GREAT off-season, most everyone will have been fooled. Including me.

But starting off by giving a mediocre, slow-footed, non-physical, non-playmaking WR 6-7 million dollars is simply proof positive that mediocrity will endure. Ireland is still Ireland, if Hartline is given anything over 4 mill per year to play on this team.

6+ million for a non-explosive, non-playmaker WR? Nope.

Ireland is still Ireland. Writing is on the wall.

LD

19. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

i really dont think he will go WR at 12 IF we get wallace. I could see DE or OT.

20. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Wallace had Antonio Brown in tandem; he's not in the same league as top earners, primary, elite wideouts Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitz. As a matter of fact, he's not in the same league as another primary stud, Andre Johnson, whose escalators bumped his comp to $9.5 mil this season. I'd like to see Wallace on the Fins, but it's kind of obscene paying him more than Andre makes. Can't believe that Jeff feels too comfortable doing that, although he can't feel great either about paying Harline what he'd likely get on the open market, so maybe his mindset toward Wallace has been realigned to thinking "market realities" rather than "actual worth".

21. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Jeff Ireland is good at giving you "just the tip" and that's about it lol.

22. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

The thing about free agency that has me excited is that nobody knows exactly what to expect. I cannot wait to see the list of players Miami has on visits because it always seems like we are thrown a curveball in terms of what players we go after.

The players who take visits is a better barometer of Miami's likelihood of signing a player rather than just taking the media's word for it. We've seen how that has worked out in the past.

23. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

[video=youtube;1tgS1n7DQbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tgS1n7DQbY[/video]

24. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

There's a lot of folks fooled by him but it's not because of him. It's because of them.

25. dcnr226

dcnr226 A True Fan Donator

Tank Carradine isn't going to make it to the 2nd round IMO. He says he will be ready to go by his pro day, and if that's true, he will shoot up the draft boards.

26. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

that means Okafor will fall to us then