Mayock's rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayock's rankings

not a good year to lose Landry with those WRs out there. Can't depend on Parker or Grant. Stills is hit or miss. Ridley will be long gone. Miami's pass game will struggle again

I have to disagree. Stills played through injury and presented a consistent threat.

When looking at this draft, I think there are several receivers that can replace, or even exceed Landry’s production. Better yet, some of them will be there in the 2nd and 3rd round.

The smartest thing to do is to slap a tag on him .... that way you can get something if you trade him, and then if not you have another year to see either what he does (value to the team) or how much progress the rest of the WR corps makes to make an informed decision next year ....

Not sure ‘hoping’ Caroo or Ford et al can fill the position is a good recipe. I don’t see Grant as a replacement - particularly in the slot.

Ideally, we won't be losing Landry, so the point will be moot. Even more ideally, Parker finally lives up to the hype. It would be very Dolphins-like if he suddenly breaks out in his contract year, putting us in the same position next year that we are in with Landry right now, but that's for another thread.

IF Landry walks, I'd be looking towards Christian Kirk. There are several other mid-round slot WRs worth looking at too. The most frustrating part of that will be having to use yet another high-ish pick on a WR.

The smartest thing to do is to slap a tag on him .... that way you can get something if you trade him, and then if not you have another year to see either what he does (value to the team) or how much progress the rest of the WR corps makes to make an informed decision next year ....

Not sure ‘hoping’ Caroo or Ford et al can fill the position is a good recipe. I don’t see Grant as a replacement - particularly in the slot.

Then you are putting more strain on the team financially with plenty of other roster concerns while relying on that very same hope that you mention in Parker, Carroo, etc. showing up. And what if Parker does turn it on this year? Now we need to sign two WRs to even bigger contracts or use yet another tag on one of them.

How do you think they are going to pay that tag? They have no money, I think they have 8.2 million (Over the cap for 2018 season). Maybe when Thomas is cut along with Timmons and they don't bring back James. You will then have the money. You will also have 3 more holes to fill on a team that is cash strapped and has too many existing holes in the first place. Jessie Davis can't play both right guard and right tackle at the same time.

How do you think they are going to pay that tag? They have no money, I think they have 8.2 million (Over the cap for 2018 season). Maybe when Thomas is cut along with Timmons and they don't bring back James. You will then have the money. You will also have 3 more holes to fill on a team that is cash strapped and has too many existing holes in the first place. Jessie Davis can't play both right guard and right tackle at the same time.

Miami is not over the cap.

Then you are putting more strain on the team financially with plenty of other roster concerns while relying on that very same hope that you mention in Parker, Carroo, etc. showing up. And what if Parker does turn it on this year? Now we need to sign two WRs to even bigger contracts or use yet another tag on one of them.

IF Parker breaks out then bye bye Landry.

More simple. Release Shu. Then sign Landry. Done. I have faith in God and Phillips. Smartest thing to do

Back
Top Bottom