Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao

anybody who paid to see mayweather fight cottos corpse isn't all there anyways...that's a joke...mayweather just keeps making a ton of money off of a dumb public...

But, paying a 50 - 50 split to someone who has consistently earned half of what Floyd has been able to earn is plain foolish. That's the way boxing has been for quite a while. The fighter that has more of an ability to draw the huge paydays gets the most money. The numbers show that Mayweather has that type of ability. Why should the practice change now? Sorry, that ain't a duck Bro...

This isn't any other fight, this is the biggest pvp event ever, and the biggest fight in decades. Even a 60/40 split of everything would be far more than what they're offering manny. Here's the thing though, without manny it's just another mayweather fight. Same thing if manny loses before the fight. Mayweather will never make more than he would off of this fight. This whole drama is one of the reasons why I'm much more of a mma fan at this point.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

This isn't any other fight, this is the biggest pvp event ever, and the biggest fight in decades. Even a 60/40 split of everything would be far more than what they're offering manny. Here's the thing though, without manny it's just another mayweather fight. Same thing if manny loses before the fight. Mayweather will never make more than he would off of this fight. This whole drama is one of the reasons why I'm much more of a mma fan at this point.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

True it's not. It would be a huge payday for each. I think that the suggestion about using the accountants is probably best at least to establish the parameters. Right now both camps are taking approaches that almost guarantee that the fight will never happen. I happen to feel that Mayweather should be the fighter who gets the most out of the deal. If the amount of money each had earned was closer to the same I would have less of a problem with a 50 - 50 split. As is though, Manny just has not shown that he can draw that fight as well as Floyd can. Just my opinion now based on the limited amount of research that I have done.

The same thing goes on in the MMA also. If you think that GSP does not make more than say Nick Diaz, before his suspension, then you're fooling yourself. The sport is still relatively young so they have not been able to generate the type of money that Boxing has up to this point. It may never do that as well. So, the differences between pay outs are less drastic. Again, just another opinion.....

Last edited by a moderator:
True it's not. It would be a huge payday for each. I think that the suggestion about using the accountants is probably best at least to establish the parameters. Right now both camps are taking approaches that almost guarantee that the fight will never happen. I happen to feel that Mayweather should be the fighter who gets the most out of the deal. If the amount of money each had earned was closer to the same I would have less of a problem with a 50 - 50 split. As is though, Manny just has not shown that he can draw that fight as well as Floyd can. Just my opinion now based on the limited amount of research that I have done.

The same thing goes on in the MMA also. If you think that GSP does not make more than say Nick Diaz, before his suspension, then you're fooling yourself. The sport is still relatively young so they have not been able to generate the type of money that Boxing has up to this point. It may never do that as well. So, the differences between pay outs are less drastic. Again, just another opinion.....

they agreed to 50-50 once, and Pac's position has only improved since. So 50-50 is obvious. Over thinking it beyond that is ridiculous. We're not talking a guy who sells 1.5 vs. a guy who sells 800k. We're talking 1.4 vs. 1.3, 1.4 vs. 1.1, close differences like that.

and don't even try to act like Floyd brings in this money himself. Canelo was on the card twice.

then you factor in that Floyd -needs- this fight if he wants his undefeated record to actually mean anything...... Floyd needs to accept 50-50 and go out there and fight Manny.

they agreed to 50-50 once, and Pac's position has only improved since. So 50-50 is obvious. Over thinking it beyond that is ridiculous. We're not talking a guy who sells 1.5 vs. a guy who sells 800k. We're talking 1.4 vs. 1.3, 1.4 vs. 1.1, close differences like that.

First of all, I have never heard anything about them agreeing to 50 -50 deal before. Got a link?

Second, while they may genarate similar numbers for tickets sales and such, the people that pay evidently pay more per as he sure has earned about double what Manny has since 2006. That's even taking into consideration 2010 & 2011 in which you say Pac earned more. So, 50 - 50 still doesn't get it for me when you compare the value of the two fighters.

and don't even try to act like Floyd brings in this money himself. Canelo was on the card twice.

Oh yeah, that Canelo is still an up an coming fighter but he is a HUGE draw! :rolleyes2:

then you factor in that Floyd -needs- this fight if he wants his undefeated record to actually mean anything...... Floyd needs to accept 50-50 and go out there and fight Manny.

:err: What?

First of all, I have never heard anything about them agreeing to 50 -50 deal before.

in 2009. yes they agreed.

and again, don't act like floyd is doing it all. Just need to get Chavez and Martinez on the undercard and put in on Mexican Independence Day. Sounds like something Floyd would do to fiddle the numbers, then claim that they are all his.

also, found this today :

FORBES WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL CELEBRITIES LIST IS OUT: PACQUIAO - #33; MAYWEATHER - #52

The annual list of the influential Forbes Magazine world's most powerful celebrities list for 2012 has just been released with boxing superstar and Philippine congressman Manny Pacquiao landing on number 33. Pacquiao's boxing nemesis Floyd Mayweather, Jr made it to number 52. This year's list is topped by American actress Jennifer Lopez followed by perennial top contender Oprah Winfrey on number 2 and teenage singing sensation Justin Bieber on number 3.

Seventeen athletes made it to this year's list headed by Tiger Woods (#12), Lebron James (#15) and Kobe Bryant (#27).

View the complete list here: http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/

Pacquiao, who last year earned US$67M and who also made it to the list in 2010 (#55) and 2009 (#57), was described by the magazine as "a pay-per-view stud with five fights each generating at least one million PPV buys during the past four years. Pacman has expanded his endorsement reach by signing deals with Monster Energy and Hennessy. Other partners include Nike and Hewlett-Packard. Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the Philippines in 2010 in a landslide victory."

The magazine considers the ranking of candidates in the following area in determining the celebrity's final standing: earnings, TV/Radio, press, social media and web.

Forbes will do a live webcast featuring the writers who put this year’s list together which could be accessed on the following URL: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothy...e-live-unveiling-of-this-years-celebrity-100/

in 2009. yes they agreed.

So you say. Got a link? And, if it's actually true it sounds like Manny should have jumped on the fight in 2009! What held it up? Manny not wanting to be tested?

and again, don't act like floyd is doing it all. Just need to get Chavez and Martinez on the undercard and put in on Mexican Independence Day. Sounds like something Floyd would do to fiddle the numbers, then claim that they are all his.

Floyd promotes himself, right? That's what you said. Am I right? Well then, as a promoter he should pull out every trick in his arsenal to make the fight earn as much as it possibly can. Even you would have to agree with that! Maybe Manny should get rid of Arum and start promoting himself......

also, found this today :

FORBES WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL CELEBRITIES LIST IS OUT: PACQUIAO - #33; MAYWEATHER - #52

The annual list of the influential Forbes Magazine world's most powerful celebrities list for 2012 has just been released with boxing superstar and Philippine congressman Manny Pacquiao landing on number 33. Pacquiao's boxing nemesis Floyd Mayweather, Jr made it to number 52. This year's list is topped by American actress Jennifer Lopez followed by perennial top contender Oprah Winfrey on number 2 and teenage singing sensation Justin Bieber on number 3.

Seventeen athletes made it to this year's list headed by Tiger Woods (#12), Lebron James (#15) and Kobe Bryant (#27).

View the complete list here: http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/

Pacquiao, who last year earned US$67M and who also made it to the list in 2010 (#55) and 2009 (#57), was described by the magazine as "a pay-per-view stud with five fights each generating at least one million PPV buys during the past four years. Pacman has expanded his endorsement reach by signing deals with Monster Energy and Hennessy. Other partners include Nike and Hewlett-Packard. Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the Philippines in 2010 in a landslide victory."

The magazine considers the ranking of candidates in the following area in determining the celebrity's final standing: earnings, TV/Radio, press, social media and web.

Forbes will do a live webcast featuring the writers who put this year’s list together which could be accessed on the following URL: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothy...e-live-unveiling-of-this-years-celebrity-100/

The Forbes stuff is cool but it doesn't have anything to do directly with what boxing fans are paying for fights. Or, who they are willing to pay more to see. Manny still doesn't make as much as Floyd on fights. Therefore, Manny should not be entitled to receiving an equal share of the purse in my opinion.

IMO opinion Pacman would not beat Mayweather. Im a huge fan of Manny's but when it comes down to it Floyd can back up all the **** he talks. I don't think anyone out trains him.

IMO opinion Pacman would not beat Mayweather. Im a huge fan of Manny's but when it comes down to it Floyd can back up all the **** he talks. I don't think anyone out trains him.

I am simply a boxing fan with no allegiances to either fighter but I also don't think that Manny would win. :idk:

if mayweather was to fight pac the same way i saw him fight cotto pac will whoop his ass

Back
Top Bottom