McDaniels staying in NE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniels staying in NE

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they promised him he'd be Belichick's successor. That has to be part of the deal.

I wonder if they promised him he'd be Belichick's successor. That has to be part of the deal.

Would have to be no? otherwise he will never get another offer to be a HC one would think or at a minimum teams would be very Leary. Not sure exactly when that will happen but..

Would have to be no? otherwise he will never get another offer to be a HC one would think or at a minimum teams would be very Leary. Not sure exactly when that will happen but..

Yeah there's no way he's passing up a HC job to stay an OC if that wasn't promised to him.

Maybe he realized that riding the Brady gravy train to Super Bowl after Super Bowl is actually a much less stressful and rewarding gig than toiling away as a head coach again for a directionless/talent deprived squad with a badly damaged franchise QB.

Lots of speculation he was promised the Pats job eventually. Also possible he just hasn’t matured since Denver. He was really flaky there

Lots of speculation he was promised the Pats job eventually. Also possible he just hasn’t matured since Denver. He was really flaky there
He's still flaky. You accept a job then turn it down. What a punk.

This to me signals that Belichick only has one more year in NE before retiring, that’s if he doesn’t announce his retirement tomorrow. McDaniels just torches his prospects of becoming a HC anywhere else with this bush league move. He wouldn’t do that to wait around several more years to become a HC again. He will be HC of NE in 2018 or 2019.

The Colts must be royally pissed. They might end up with one of the Eagles coaches now... DeFillipo or Frank Reich.

2018 will be Belichick’s swan song. Hallelujah!

I think BB stays - at least next year - otherwise they would have just announced McDaniels as HC.

Official statement from the Colts

INDIANAPOLIS — After agreeing to contract terms to become the Indianapolis Colts’ new head coach, New England Patriots assistant coach Josh McDaniels this evening informed us that he would not be joining our team. Although we are surprised and disappointed, we will resume our head coaching search immediately and find the right fit to lead our team and organization on and off the field.

The scheduled press conference at Lucas Oil Stadium will not take place tomorrow. More information will be forthcoming.

Back
Top Bottom