McKinnie and Fins Void Last Year of the Contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinnie and Fins Void Last Year of the Contract

makes sense for the run game does not make sense for the pass pro...i hope whoevers making the decisions doesn't f that one up too

Interesting indeed. Looks like we only have Pouncey at C and will attempt to build around him. Makes since though as we need athletic OL to fit the scheme of Philbin. Less cornfed and more OL that can pull and move not to mention block in both the pass and rush. Will be one of the most interesting offseasons in a while coming up, even more than the last.

This is an excellent development for the Dolphins.

Mckinnie's playing for a contract now. Which guarantees some element of motivation that was always a concern with him.

We have Pouncy if he's not in jail. Great job Ireland!!

Ozzy rules!!

this would make me think miami is gonna drop a brinks truck in some free agent left tackles front porch come free agency...probably brandon albert if irelands still here

that's one of the problems with ireland and a major one...he tries to fix everything with free agency cause his drafts suck yearly

it's also possible that mckinnie could be brought back on the vet minimum 1 year deal if need be but i would guess given he's a long term vet that would still be over $1 mil per

Jared Veldheer is injured, but I think he has potential. He is only 26. Makes debut tomorrow vs. Dallas.

Don't think we can fix it in one year unless the draft is almost dedicated to just that and by some chance they all work out and can play at the NFL level. Not likely. Its just par for the course, how long has it been since we had a good OL? We almost have to really hope one to two of the young guys we have work out also.

velheers always injured but athletically that's a solid fit...not one though i'd pay real money red flag for medical from me

fix the ot and lb positions priority number 1's this offseason

If Brenner continues to improve he may be part of the solution along the O-line. Brandon Albert would cost more than the 4 guys leaving put together and I'm not sure that's a smart move but it's an option. LT and RT are the priorities in the draft IMO. David Diehl and Kevin Boothe of the Giants and Wade Smith of the Texans are possibilities in free agency at the Guard positions.

wade smith i like that option...he's the left guard for houston right??? watch him fire off the ball and get on his horse and cut a guy at the 2nd level...thats what you want in our scheme

diehls long in the tooth and dinged up a lot also

wade smith yeah i'd go after it

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...year-of-his-contract-20131127,0,6968770.story

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Any thoughts of McKinnie being a stopgap solution next year are done. 80 % of the line will be new IMO. Not a major prediction.

Hopefully 80% of the front office is new, too.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

so basically we have Pouncey and thats it. lol

Don't count your Pouncey's before they're not indicted. Just saying.

Don't think we can fix it in one year unless the draft is almost dedicated to just that and by some chance they all work out and can play at the NFL level. Not likely. Its just par for the course, how long has it been since we had a good OL? We almost have to really hope one to two of the young guys we have work out also.

I don't think so either ...unless there's some hidden talent on the team somewhere that we don't know about. For a great GM, I think it would take 2-3 years to pull it off. For Ireland....? I'm not sure I have that enough years left to see it happen.

wade smith i like that option...he's the left guard for houston right??? watch him fire off the ball and get on his horse and cut a guy at the 2nd level...thats what you want in our scheme

diehls long in the tooth and dinged up a lot also

wade smith yeah i'd go after it

Wade Smith...didn't he used to play for the Fins?

Back
Top Bottom