McKinnie and Fins Void Last Year of the Contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinnie and Fins Void Last Year of the Contract

Wade Smith...didn't he used to play for the Fins?

him and donald thomas both...and both would have been better fits than what we have at guard...

but i want to make sure he's the left guard and not the right guard in houston...i think the right guard is ben jones i don't want him...i want the left guard and i think that's smith

i also doubt smith will command top 5 guard money as a free agent...he's kinda under the radar i think...

Wade Smith...didn't he used to play for the Fins?

Yeah. He was a center at first, then a left tackle for a year I think. This is back in the Wanny years. Was an athletic guy who lacked upper body strength. Eventually found a home in a zone scheme -- which he probably should have been in from the start -- as an LG.

Anyway it's too early to figure out who'll we'll be targeting in the draft and free agency when we don't even know if Philbin is going to stick around. It's even money right now, imo.

6 mother****ing years. Maybe, we have one Center. Unreal.

This is a sad story. The Dolphins have 1 offensive lineman for next year! I'm no GM but I think you try to resign John Jerry and draft oline picks 1,4,5,6 if Ireland is GM, and if we have a new GM draft OL 1,2,3. Yes Ireland can't draft in the 2nd or 3rd round, so if he is the GM we should trade those picks every year until he's gone. Also, if Ireland is still GM the owner needs to mandate you cannot make trades, because you have proven throughout your tenure your trades always end up failing, so no trades.

Wade Smith was actually really bad at LT when he was here. I mean Marc Colombo and Jon martin bad.

Wade Smith was actually really bad at LT when he was here. I mean Marc Colombo and Jon martin bad.

He was a rookie and wasn't he a center in college? Him and the fact that if you blew on Brian Griese he fumbled cost us the Colts game.

6 mother****ing years. Maybe, we have one Center. Unreal.

Not only that but he was drafted 15 overall....how can you miss taking a center at 15? That's the only o-lieman Ireland has drated that has worked....everyone else has been a bust......Jerry's starting cause we have nobody else.

Ozzy rules!!

I think a new GM should get a crack at rebuilding this line. Ireland has had six years and the result is a total blow up minus one guy. That's just sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest problem about the Fins o-line is the flip-flopping of blocking schemes.

Honestly, at this point I wouldn't mind seeing Garner get a chance next year at one of our open spots. The guy plays hard, and is very under-appreciated. Otherwise, LT will need to be filled in FA, RT in draft, and draft at least one more guard.

good now we dont hav any dead money. Mckinnie is not really that good anymore and its not like we are still not giving up plenty of sacks with or without him.
We need LT that can actually runblock also

And its probably for the better, though I don't know how many times this line has been rebuilt maybe this will be the time they get it right?

well if Ireland is gone maybe it can be done right this time. Never have seen a GM invest so much in an offensive line to have it never come close to being good

Back
Top Bottom