McMillan vs Cunningham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMillan vs Cunningham

jbyrd850

Rookie
Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Any scouts on here wanna break down our second rounder verse Zach Cunningham who was mocked as a first rounder, plays the same position, and went a few picks after McMillan?

I like the pick regardless cause we needed LB bad but is he better than Cunningham?

Long story short, Cunningham has great athleticism and instincts but watching his film he misses a lot of tackles. McMillan is a good tackles and has good instincts but may be a bit more limited due to athleticism

I'll leave it to people who watched more, but from what I can tell Cunningham was a weaker at the POA Will backer. He's more athletic, but has worse instincts, doesn't tackle as well, and is scrawny as a twig.

McMillian is a slower, but more instinctive, built like a brick house and will take on FB in the hole like a missile to disrupt the play. Better for Miami's problems on defense.

McMillan is bigger, a better tackler, and better against the run. Cunningham is kind of light in the ass and not a great tackler but he's rangy-er if that's even a word. Cunningham comes from a small school when the other started at Ohio state and won a championship and is touted for being a leader. One is more of a coverage guy the other more of a run stuffing thumper. Our needs demanded the latter.

I don't know much about either or but right off the bat I'd say size... Cunningham looks a little too small.

Long story short, Cunningham has great athleticism and instincts but watching his film he misses a lot of tackles. McMillan is a good tackles and has good instincts but may be a bit more limited due to athleticism

I always thought McMillian had better instincts than Cunningham, I guess it comes down to opinion. I know they both read and diagnose very well.

McMillan had a pretty good combine. 5th in the 40 at 4.61 I believe. We got the more stout, sure tackler of the two.

Time will tell but I think Grier made the right call. I like the bigger physicality that McMillan brings to the team. I love this pick.

I'll leave it to people who watched more, but from what I can tell Cunningham was a weaker at the POA Will backer. He's more athletic, but has worse instincts, doesn't tackle as well, and is scrawny as a twig.

McMillian is a slower, but more instinctive, built like a brick house and will take on FB in the hole like a missile to disrupt the play. Better for Miami's problems on defense.

McMillan is actually faster, stronger, bigger, and more athletic than Cunningham. More importantly, he's a much better tackler and finisher.

Instincts and POA are virtually a wash. Coverage goes to Cunningham.

McMillan was a late 1st round linebacker in my opinion. Cunningham was a late 3rd rounder.

Think McMillan is a better fit for strong side and Cunningham for Will.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think the FO really liked Kwon's intangibles - his physicality, his leadership - and think he can be an alpha on D.

McMillan is actually faster, stronger, bigger, and more athletic than Cunningham. More importantly, he's a much better tackler and finisher.

Instincts and POA are virtually a wash. Coverage goes to Cunningham.

McMillan was a late 1st round linebacker in my opinion. Cunningham was a late 3rd rounder.

Someone who watched them more than me spoke. I was actually not that far off of Slimms call :lol:

I watched a draft recap with Perkins and Omar Kelly and Kelly flat out said McMillian isn't a impactful physical linebacker.

I swear that man is ****ing ********.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...8c0bd0bc8c56e412c0075097dab68b52&action=click

Just watch this highlight real of cunningham. This is supposed to be his better plays, right? Every dang tackle he makes is an arm tackle. He slides to the side of the ball carrier, grabs and pulls them to the ground instead of making a good form tackle, wrapping up and driving through the ball carrier. That's why he missed so many tackles.

Dolphins made the right call imo.

Back
Top Bottom