McMillan vs Cunningham | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMillan vs Cunningham

I think the FO really liked Kwon's intangibles - his physicality, his leadership - and think he can be an alpha on D.

Very well put, and I believe they're dead on accurate with it.

Have to keep in mind Cunningham is 22 years old and a RS junior. He didn't play his freshman year because he needed to work hard in the weight room and add strength coming out of high school. After 4 years he still hasn't added enough upper body strength.

McMillan is only 20 and a true junior. Already an ox and extremely well put together. Very, very solid dude coming out of college ready to compete strength wise at the highest level.

Very well put, and I believe they're dead on accurate with it.

Have to keep in mind Cunningham is 22 years old and a RS junior. He didn't play his freshman year because he needed to work hard in the weight room and add strength coming out of high school. After 4 years he still hasn't added enough upper body strength.

McMillan is only 20 and a true junior. Already an ox and extremely well put together. Very, very solid dude coming out of college ready to compete strength wise at the highest level.

First thing I notice with that kid when you see him is god damn - dude is built like a brick house

I watched a draft recap with Perkins and Omar Kelly and Kelly flat out said McMillian isn't a impactful physical linebacker.

I swear that man is ****ing ********.

I'm glad I can always come to this forum to get expert analysis. That guy you mentioned is ridiculous, and the Sun Sentinel won't do anything about his incompetence because he gets clicks.

Thanks for all the good info, guys.

I'm glad I can always come to this forum to get expert analysis. That guy you mentioned is ridiculous, and the Sun Sentinel won't do anything about his incompetence because he gets clicks.

Thanks for all the good info, guys.

I mean it's one thing to say he may not cover TE's well enough, but to say he's not physical...I mean dude.

Yeah it seems to be the consensus- what chambers and slimm said.. while mcmillian may be more limited athletically- it's not by that much if you look at the combine numbers

And it's not like Raekwon is a total slug anyways

Yeah it seems to be the consensus- what chambers and slimm said.. while mcmillian may be more limited athletically- it's not by that much if you look at the combine numbers

And it's not like Raekwon is a total slug anyways

We have a linebacker named Raekwon. It still makes me chuckle.

edit: :lol: Confirmed! He really was named after the Wu-Tang rapper. I knew it!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...aft-raekwon-mcmillan-ohio-state-stats-bio/amp

5. He was named after the Wu-Tang Clan member

Yes, Raekwon’s namesake is Raekwon the Chef, the rapper.

“Yeah, some of his old-school stuff is pretty cool,” McMillan told Cleveland.com in 2015.

"My mom liked the name, the Wu-Tang clan and all of that. She liked the rap name, not his real name (which is Corey Woods), but his rap name. So that’s what she named me.”

Screw the combine numbers. Watch McMillan in a few games. If you can't see that this guy absolutely is a true football player, perhaps the game hasn't slowed down enough for you to be a fan. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll leave it to people who watched more, but from what I can tell Cunningham was a weaker at the POA Will backer. He's more athletic, but has worse instincts, doesn't tackle as well, and is scrawny as a twig.

McMillian is a slower, but more instinctive, built like a brick house and will take on FB in the hole like a missile to disrupt the play. Better for Miami's problems on defense.

Not disagreeing with your assessment but McK ran a 4.61 and Cunningham ran a 4.67

The 2 down backer label being thrown around with McMillan is pure BS. Although not a superior athlete in comparison to some of the elite, he's still very solid in pass coverage b/c of his awareness, instincts, smarts and zero wasted movements. I'm absolutely thrilled to have him.

As far as Cunningham goes, I'm glad we passed as I see more athlete than professional football player.

Jimmy Johnson once said Zack Thomas had 4.3 reaction time. McMillan may not be Zack Thomas, but, his instincts and reaction time are much better than Cunningham. But the biggest difference, to me, between the 2 is McMillan is a much better tackler.

Most important thing about Raekwon is that he's an extension of the coaching staff. Instead of worrying about whether a guy knows what he's doing, this kid knows what everyone on the defense is supposed to be doing.

He's the kind of player who would get after Jordan Phillips if he's not doing his job.

As much as I love Suh and Wake their jobs are to attack at the LOS. Not having having #20 out there last year really hurt the leadership that safeties and linebackers are more inclined to bring. It's hard for DL to do that.

If Miami already had a THUMPER of a LB then Cunningham would have been the pick. With Kiko already on the roster than McMillan makes sense as he is more of a thumper

Back
Top Bottom