McNabb: Watch out for Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McNabb: Watch out for Ryan Tannehill

Nice! My question is this - Can the fans wait the three or four years that McNabb says is needed...? I can, but for the majority on this blog I bet not...

Watch out for Miami in 3 to 4 years....
We all know we want it next year, pending this offseason I think it is a realistic opportunity.
The time has come to take the bags off the head.

Nice , however I agree we are 2-3 years from seriously contending.
Baring we draft well, we have our QB it should get easier to build around him.

Geesh...every year we say we are 2 or 3 years away...EVERY YEAR. Got to keep that carrot out there for the fans I guess.

Geesh...every year we say we are 2 or 3 years away...EVERY YEAR. Got to keep that carrot out there for the fans I guess.

That's what it amounts to. Thirty years ago when I was at USC I wrote in the Daily Trojan that the basketball team was 3-4 years away from seriously contending for the Final Four. I knew it was ridiculous. We weren't a basketball school. I remember looking at the computer monitor and nearly zapping that sentence. But I kept it in there, like a bone for the chirpy positive types. We just had a good season and made the NCAA tournament for the first time in years, so everybody wanted to pretend we were relatively close.

I kid you not, last week on a USC board somebody wrote that the basketball team was 4 years away from challenging for the Final Four. The team is terrible, and has a lame duck coach, but beat UCLA in overtime. Apparently that was sufficient. :lol:

That's what it amounts to. Thirty years ago when I was at USC I wrote in the Daily Trojan that the basketball team was 3-4 years away from seriously contending for the Final Four. I knew it was ridiculous. We weren't a basketball school. I remember looking at the computer monitor and nearly zapping that sentence. But I kept it in there, like a bone for the chirpy positive types. We just had a good season and made the NCAA tournament for the first time in years, so everybody wanted to pretend we were relatively close.

I kid you not, last week on a USC board somebody wrote that the basketball team was 4 years away from challenging for the Final Four. The team is terrible, and has a lame duck coach, but beat UCLA in overtime. Apparently that was sufficient. :lol:
this draft and free agency period had better put us in the playoff hunt. Period. this was supposed to the 2nd year of our previous 2-3 years away prediction made before the 2012 season. This year we better damn well have some real horses.

3-4 years maybe in an old era but in this era teams go from dead last to contenders in one year. We already gave Ireland FIVE mother effing years. FIVE. **** 3-4 more years, it has to be now.

You think the Colts are waiting 3-4 years? No, they're going to be perennial playoff contenders from here on out. They already have all the pieces on offense except for a running back. Now they just need to add onto that defense, get that running back I just mentioned, and I can see them playing against Denver, Baltimore or New England in an AFC Title game next year.

Just 12 months ago they were the worst team in the league with no talent by the way, less talent than us.

Joe Flacco's success is good for this fanbase. And it gives media the chance to open the door to talk about any old dude (if Joe Flacco can do it...).

If we can get in a dogfight with any NFL team WITHOUT dangerous WR´s, we can beat anybody with better threats this year!! (assuming we get them, I´ll be dammed if we don´t)

If tannehill can play lights out more consistently in the 4th quarter, no doubt we can make runs to the superbowl

With our current situation and its opportunities, I fully expect us to fight deep into the playoffs for the next 3-4 years, and finally reach the big one in Tannehill's 5th or 6th season.

If tannehill can play lights out more consistently in the 4th quarter, no doubt we can make runs to the superbowl

Would be hard to play "lights out" if one is throwing to a bunch of 3's and 4's with a crappy offensive line and uneven RB production....Need to fix those.

Ireland is already on borrowed time. He better damn well hit a home run this free agency period and in the draft or 2013 will be his swan song.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Anything short of making the playoffs in 2013 will be a big disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom