McNabb: Watch out for Ryan Tannehill

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Feb 5, 2013.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

2. Anvil35

Anvil35 Leave Users Titles Alone!! Finheaven VIP Donator

Nice! My question is this - Can the fans wait the three or four years that McNabb says is needed...? I can, but for the majority on this blog I bet not...

3. SizzlingFins04

SizzlingFins04 The Futures of the NFL

I thought Mcnabb was still playing

4. TwahLah

TwahLah 3 Fiddy Z Donator

Watch out for Miami in 3 to 4 years....
    We all know we want it next year, pending this offseason I think it is a realistic opportunity.
    The time has come to take the bags off the head.

5. jack2158

jack2158 Rookie

Nice , however I agree we are 2-3 years from seriously contending.
    Baring we draft well, we have our QB it should get easier to build around him.

6. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Geesh...every year we say we are 2 or 3 years away...EVERY YEAR. Got to keep that carrot out there for the fans I guess.

7. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

That's what it amounts to. Thirty years ago when I was at USC I wrote in the Daily Trojan that the basketball team was 3-4 years away from seriously contending for the Final Four. I knew it was ridiculous. We weren't a basketball school. I remember looking at the computer monitor and nearly zapping that sentence. But I kept it in there, like a bone for the chirpy positive types. We just had a good season and made the NCAA tournament for the first time in years, so everybody wanted to pretend we were relatively close.

I kid you not, last week on a USC board somebody wrote that the basketball team was 4 years away from challenging for the Final Four. The team is terrible, and has a lame duck coach, but beat UCLA in overtime. Apparently that was sufficient. :lol:

8. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

this draft and free agency period had better put us in the playoff hunt. Period. this was supposed to the 2nd year of our previous 2-3 years away prediction made before the 2012 season. This year we better damn well have some real horses.

9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

3-4 years maybe in an old era but in this era teams go from dead last to contenders in one year. We already gave Ireland FIVE mother effing years. FIVE. **** 3-4 more years, it has to be now.

You think the Colts are waiting 3-4 years? No, they're going to be perennial playoff contenders from here on out. They already have all the pieces on offense except for a running back. Now they just need to add onto that defense, get that running back I just mentioned, and I can see them playing against Denver, Baltimore or New England in an AFC Title game next year.

Just 12 months ago they were the worst team in the league with no talent by the way, less talent than us.

10. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

Joe Flacco's success is good for this fanbase. And it gives media the chance to open the door to talk about any old dude (if Joe Flacco can do it...).

11. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

If we can get in a dogfight with any NFL team WITHOUT dangerous WR´s, we can beat anybody with better threats this year!! (assuming we get them, I´ll be dammed if we don´t)

12. Abhenne7

Abhenne7 Dolphins4lyfe

If tannehill can play lights out more consistently in the 4th quarter, no doubt we can make runs to the superbowl

13. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

With our current situation and its opportunities, I fully expect us to fight deep into the playoffs for the next 3-4 years, and finally reach the big one in Tannehill's 5th or 6th season.

14. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

Would be hard to play "lights out" if one is throwing to a bunch of 3's and 4's with a crappy offensive line and uneven RB production....Need to fix those.

15. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Ireland is already on borrowed time. He better damn well hit a home run this free agency period and in the draft or 2013 will be his swan song.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Anything short of making the playoffs in 2013 will be a big disappointment.

16. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

With Ireland as a GM, we will always be 3-4 years away! Sad but true!

17. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Do we have a choice?

18. WitheringPlant

WitheringPlant Seasoned Veteran

Painful to see a Trojan flying a Hurricane flag.

19. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

If you could guarantee a title in 3-4 years, I think most fans would sign off on it.

20. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

yea he sucked in the 4th qtr against the seahawks right lol

21. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Seasoned Veteran Hammered

Reading comprehension much? He said "more consistently", not "for the first time ever."

22. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

If the GM doesn't get us over the hump with an infusion of talent, we can blame the owner for keeping him around.
    We are set up to make a move this season. We have the picks, money, a decent defense, a young and improving QB.
    I can't wait for the draft to arrive. I want to see some new play makers at DE, WR and DB.

23. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

first time ever did you watch any games this season or no? oh sorry he cant kick field goals my bad

24. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

As long as Miami makes the playoffs I can.

25. Wildbill3

I agree. we either make a move into the playoffs or we make a move at GM.

26. petefins

petefins Go DOLPHINS

I meant to 'Thank' You.. the website won't let me adjust it.......

27. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Yup there isn't anymore 2 or 3 year plans in my eyes. Jeff gives this staff the talent it needs to win and be a playoff contender this season or it is time to clean house and get someone who can. I know I want stability in the ranks but you also have to win at some point and that point is now.

28. DolphanB

DolphanB Scout Team

That is about how long it takes a QB to develop.

Until we get a developed franchise QB, we will always be 2-3 years away.

I like what I see in Tannehill very much. Follow the Atlanta model with Ryan and get Tannehill some weapons.

29. chegui

chegui Rookie

The Colts will not make the play off thext year. They have an old defence and need to re build

30. rembrandt

rembrandt Member

If we have a great off-season then I see no reason he wouldn't be able to get us to the playoffs.

31. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

3-4 years away? Great

32. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

Nothing says they are perennial contenders from here on out, they actually don't have a lot of great pieces. The defense pretty much needs to be rebuilt from scratch with Mathis and Freeney's contracts expiring this offseason, but they do have a solid corner that may or may not have been worth a second rounder (time will tell).

Their offense is mediocre; they lack a run game and their receivers are inconsistent. Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton look to be a great duo for years to come already, but their weak offensive line will hold them back until it's fixed. Their only solid pieces in the line are Castonzo and Satele (who's a Fin's reject). If Fleener and Allen live up to their potential, they should have a good if not great TE duo to help Luck develop, but so far Fleener doesn't look worth the pick. (again time will tell (*Michael Egnew should be held in this regard too))

If you notice, the games they won were all reasonably close, with margins of: 3, 3, 4, 6, 17 (woo!), 7, 2, 4, 7, and 12. Seven of their wins were by game-winning drives thanks to the heroics of Andrew Luck, who I might mention, is considered the top QB prospect since Peyton Manning. Not every team is lucky enough to replace a Hall of Fame QB with a #1 overall pick. When it comes to their losses, they were by margins of: 20, 5, 26, 35, and 12. Almost every time they lost, they were getting their as*** handed to them on a silver platter.

Honestly, I could see the Colts taking strides backwards next year, not necessarily Luck or the young receivers, but I think the O-line and D-line are going to cause too much trouble for them to make the playoffs again.

33. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

Better than 10!

34. Wildbill3

Seriously this is it. 3-4 years? that's crazy brains. This year is our window. we got a young team, but we have some guys on the wrong side of 30 that we're counting on to be major players on our team. If we have people preaching well wait til these young guys mature, well we'll have more holes to fill, every year in fact has holes to fill, injuries happen etc etc. this is our Now.

35. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

My staff prediction will reelect this, it will either say Miami is ready to contend (based on a good off season) or it will say the front office failed and it is time for change. There is no reason with all that Ireland has available that he cannot make a winning team this off season. I know it is going to have holes but honestly what team doesn't?

You are banking on your QB improving not regressing so get him some help to improve, sign a TE or WR and maybe a tackle if Long walks and then move on to the draft. Get a RB, WR and CB and fill in the rest where needed hell any of those combinations of positions and FA/draft will work. It will tell me a lot about what Jeff's plan is in the coming month when we see what free agents are re-signed and which one are allowed to walk if they want.

36. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It's funny how when McNabb speaks we normally roll our eyes but when he supports our point of view he becomes the voice of reason.

Although now that I think about it McNabb did say Shanahan would ruin RGIII's career.

37. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Add a Greg Jennings (or Mike Wallace)to the mix, maybe a first/second round WR, and Tannehill will thrive. We've seen what he's capable even with less than spectacular tools but he does need more. It's time we spice up the offense if we're going to go anywhere as a team. And to be honest, we don't need to wait 3-5 years for that to happen. With all the money and picks available, there's no reason why we can't field a playoff caliber team in 2013. Get it done already.

38. slickrickpuppy

slickrickpuppy Banned Hammered

39. BigJP

BigJP Rookie

I could wait a 3-4 yrs. I just hope the front office will give them the chance.

40. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR Scout Team

Agreed....Tannehill certainly looks the part. If we can add two weapons to WR core he could take the next step. I recall two or three slants that were dropped that very well could have been T.D.'s and at the least very long gains.