McNabb: Watch out for Ryan Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McNabb: Watch out for Ryan Tannehill

With Ireland as a GM, we will always be 3-4 years away! Sad but true!

That's what it amounts to. Thirty years ago when I was at USC I wrote in the Daily Trojan that the basketball team was 3-4 years away from seriously contending for the Final Four. I knew it was ridiculous. We weren't a basketball school. I remember looking at the computer monitor and nearly zapping that sentence. But I kept it in there, like a bone for the chirpy positive types. We just had a good season and made the NCAA tournament for the first time in years, so everybody wanted to pretend we were relatively close.

I kid you not, last week on a USC board somebody wrote that the basketball team was 4 years away from challenging for the Final Four. The team is terrible, and has a lame duck coach, but beat UCLA in overtime. Apparently that was sufficient. :lol:
Painful to see a Trojan flying a Hurricane flag.

this draft and free agency period had better put us in the playoff hunt. Period. this was supposed to the 2nd year of our previous 2-3 years away prediction made before the 2012 season. This year we better damn well have some real horses.

If the GM doesn't get us over the hump with an infusion of talent, we can blame the owner for keeping him around.
We are set up to make a move this season. We have the picks, money, a decent defense, a young and improving QB.
I can't wait for the draft to arrive. I want to see some new play makers at DE, WR and DB.

Nice! My question is this - Can the fans wait the three or four years that McNabb says is needed...? I can, but for the majority on this blog I bet not...

As long as Miami makes the playoffs I can.

If the GM doesn't get us over the hump with an infusion of talent, we can blame the owner for keeping him around.
We are set up to make a move this season. We have the picks, money, a decent defense, a young and improving QB.
I can't wait for the draft to arrive. I want to see some new play makers at DE, WR and DB.
I agree. we either make a move into the playoffs or we make a move at GM.

I agree. we either make a move into the playoffs or we make a move at GM.

Yup there isn't anymore 2 or 3 year plans in my eyes. Jeff gives this staff the talent it needs to win and be a playoff contender this season or it is time to clean house and get someone who can. I know I want stability in the ranks but you also have to win at some point and that point is now.

Geesh...every year we say we are 2 or 3 years away...EVERY YEAR. Got to keep that carrot out there for the fans I guess.

That is about how long it takes a QB to develop.

Until we get a developed franchise QB, we will always be 2-3 years away.

I like what I see in Tannehill very much. Follow the Atlanta model with Ryan and get Tannehill some weapons.

The Colts will not make the play off thext year. They have an old defence and need to re build

If we have a great off-season then I see no reason he wouldn't be able to get us to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom