McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Mcshay says he has been speaking to NFL scouts who are scared out of their mind to take t'eo they think he might be mentally unstable. This story is completely bizarre and he might of made the whole thing up. Mcshay says some scouts are even taking him completely off their board. So my question is if he fell to the 2nd or 3rd round would u take a chance? We do need a game changing linebacker but the guy appears to be off track upstairs. What do u guys think?

No. He's an average linebacker to begin with. I've never felt like he was a great linebacker. Part of his appeal to the masses was his story. People buy into that and then believe that people are better than they really are. (ie: Tim Tebow). And if it turns out that he was indeed part of this hoax to gain popularity or earn sympathy Heisman votes, etc., then I'd definitely stay very far away. One of the most appealing things about Manti was his leadership ability. And if it turns out that it was a fraud all along, it will kill his draft stock within front offices and he'll need to have a one in a million combine.

@jcane dude had 7 ints though. I think he is better than avg

That's better than average in college football. You watch the guy play...and I mean truly watch the guy play, and he's just not that impressive. You can't rely on stats to tell you the whole story. This dude got physically trampled in the national title game against a really dominate team. Alabama is NFL Lite. That's what he's going to face on a day to day basis. He needs to get a lot stronger because those Alabama boys were faster, moved him off and away from the football with ease and just made him look silly.

The Bama game basically wrecked his stock. Went up against NFL caliber talent and got mowed to the side.

Dude is a average LB that should be taken in the 3-4th round. Add in this mentally unstable fiasco and this guy drops to the 5th round IMO. I personally wouldn't want him on my team. What if this dude snaps one day?

Average LB that was made a superstar over a fake sob story.

@jcane true, he got dominated by those nfl ready OL for alabama and he kept missing his gap assignments and over ran the wholes. I played MLB for 10 yeara of my life and he just looked lost. Some are apeculating though that he was dealing with the issued of this hoax so he wasnt all there for this game. I would pass on him too but I'm saying is if a top 15 talent falls to the 3rd round and he is sitting there for u to take dont u almost have to entertain the idea?

I agree and disagree with JCane
If you watch this kid play he is the real deal. the kid reads and reacts to what he see's very quickly. He gets to the ball carrier with minimal wasted movements and he is a very good tackler. I have to disagree with you there. He is much above average player.

However, when he played against Bama - a team that is very NFL like. he was missing. he was getting covered up, he was not getting to the ball. he looked below average in that game. Can you make a full assement of a player off of one game? Did this scandel play a role in his performance? Was the stage too big for him? Did he just play against talent that was far more dominate then him?

A lot of questions. so to answer the OP question...............NO I would not take him in the 2nd and I would MAYBE take a play on him if I saw him in the 3rd.

@jcane true, he got dominated by those nfl ready OL for alabama and he kept missing his gap assignments and over ran the wholes. I played MLB for 10 yeara of my life and he just looked lost. Some are apeculating though that he was dealing with the issued of this hoax so he wasnt all there for this game. I would pass on him too but I'm saying is if a top 15 talent falls to the 3rd round and he is sitting there for u to take dont u almost have to entertain the idea?

You always entertain the idea. ALWAYS.

Personally, I don't feel that his draft stock will fall much at all. There are always teams out there who are more desperate than others and are willing to take a chance. Big picture, just how big of a deal is this if the kid can play at the next level? It stings now but it'll pass. I've seen far more wild things happen with players and they be brushed under the table.

Theirs only a few teams that can afford to take a chance on someone like T'eo. Those teams can absorb the frenzy from the Media and Fanbase and of course the potential that's he's really not that good. The Miami Dolphins are not one of those teams.........

If the dude is there in the late 3rd or 4th or 5th you have to take a shot at him. He can play. I honestly doubt he will drop past the 2nd round but if he does it would be a good move to take him in the late 3rd or fourth.

He is going to have alot to prove and i wouldnt bet against the Patriots taking a chance on him they seem to find the diamonds in the rough alot!

I was okay with him at 12 for a bit, but I've gone away from that position now. I'm okay with that, too. Never claimed to be some prospect extraordinaire. For me, it would depend how the draft falls. If he's around in the second and some needs have already been taken ahead ... I'd be okay with drafting him. This "issue" of his is definitely suspect.

if he fell to our second pick in the 2nd im all for grabbing him

Back
Top Bottom