McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay says T'eo's draft stock falling, would u take him if he fell to the 2nd round?

That's better than average in college football. You watch the guy play...and I mean truly watch the guy play, and he's just not that impressive. You can't rely on stats to tell you the whole story. This dude got physically trampled in the national title game against a really dominate team. Alabama is NFL Lite. That's what he's going to face on a day to day basis. He needs to get a lot stronger because those Alabama boys were faster, moved him off and away from the football with ease and just made him look silly.

Sheesh J, first you troll the guy into thinking he has a gf - now you blast his ability?!?

:lol: Nice.

If he falls out of the first round I would chomping at the bit to draft this kid...all this bs aside the kid can play football...He instantly improves ur coverage in both red zone and between the 20's He is not as physical as you would like him to be but with a decent lin in front of him he wont be taking on O linemen. The Notre dame defense was over rated and was worn down. I highly doubt he lasts til the 2nd round.

If it is discovered that he is involved in intentional lies, I think Philbin/Ireland take him off their draft board.

In my opinion he is worthy of a flier in the 3rd/4th round. He's a smart opportunistic player.

Wait hold up.. What I heard was that a girl lied to him and said she was somebody she wasn't and that she died :lol:

If that's the story then how is that a mental problem of his?

Man hell no How is this dude gonna lie about some girlfriend he never had. then make up a car crash story. Hes not worth a draft pick.

Sheesh J, first you troll the guy into thinking he has a gf - now you blast his ability?!?

:lol: Nice.

There's a USC fan over on the Mainboard who is well known for legendary troll jobs...when this story first broke there were several threads started about how he may be responsible for this.

:lol:

Daniel Jeremiah (who's been a scout) encapsulated this the best when he said that in the end the NFL scouts are going to care a hell of a lot less about this whole thing than the entranced American public.

What's going to happen is teams will make sure they interview Te'o, and question the hell out of all of Te'o's teammates, friends and coaches, trying to figure out what he's like in the locker room and whether the perception of his being an intelligent leader is actually accurate or not.

In other words, DOING THE JOB THEY SHOULD'VE BEEN DOING ANYWAY.

It's the evidence they kick up from those interviews and answers that will condemn or maintain Manti Te'o's draft status. If he is actually mentally unstable or whatever else is being attributed to him by the ignorant public, that's something that should have and probably would have been kicked up by the pre-Draft process anyway, whether this story broke or not.

Considering the **** teams knew about Percy Harvin before he went 1st round, the idea of Manti Te'o sinking to the 2nd round based on some weird fake girlfriend shenanigans is laughable.

Daniel Jeremiah (who's been a scout) encapsulated this the best when he said that in the end the NFL scouts are going to care a hell of a lot less about this whole thing than the entranced American public.

What's going to happen is teams will make sure they interview Te'o, and question the hell out of all of Te'o's teammates, friends and coaches, trying to figure out what he's like in the locker room and whether the perception of his being an intelligent leader is actually accurate or not.

In other words, DOING THE JOB THEY SHOULD'VE BEEN DOING ANYWAY.

It's the evidence they kick up from those interviews and answers that will condemn or maintain Manti Te'o's draft status. If he is actually mentally unstable or whatever else is being attributed to him by the ignorant public, that's something that should have and probably would have been kicked up by the pre-Draft process anyway, whether this story broke or not.

Considering the **** teams knew about Percy Harvin before he went 1st round, the idea of Manti Te'o sinking to the 2nd round based on some weird fake girlfriend shenanigans is laughable.

I think your taking it likely. He is also going to bring an unwanted spotlight. This kid didn't just make up a dead girlfriend for his own publicity, he used leukemia in this lie, and acted the whole thing out, brought his fans, the media, ND, on the whole trip with him. Anyone who has had to deal with this disease problem won't want to watch him on there team. The guy even set up a damn foundation for this fake girl.

With all that said I don't see this as any different than what tebow or rg3 do with there public preying after TDs. All this "look at me, I'm a great person, now praise me for it while I act like I'm not asking you to." I'm beyond tired of bs.

Teo being morman can't really pull the "god" thing because mormans don't do really do thst sort of thing, so I guess he made up a fake girlfriend instead. There all full of ****. I think he falls, whether he's a late 1st or a 2nd rnd pick I don't know.

The fact the Te'o knew this was going to go public as far back as Dec. 26th probably affected the way he played against Bama'. So if it comes out that he was duped or catfished or whatever, will teams take that into consideration? That's gotta put a sick feeling in your stomach if you knew that it was going to come out. But if he was actually part of the hoax, then that's a different story...

Ps I also think he just needs to come clean about this, this is going to follow him and build up and now he's even brought his school into the lie.

The fact the Te'o knew this was going to go public as far back as Dec. 26th probably affected the way he played against Bama'. So if it comes out that he was duped or catfished or whatever, will teams take that into consideration? That's gotta put a sick feeling in your stomach if you knew that it was going to come out. But if he was actually part of the hoax, then that's a different story...

If Te'o found out on the 26th, and Notre Dame found out on the 26th, why then did they not release this story themselves and prevent this debacle here from happening? That seems to be a better option for damage control.

A lot of this story doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Has it been proven to be a lie, yet? I thought they were still saying he might have been duped.

Back
Top Bottom