Mediocre Miami Dolphins need to stop playing it safe and acquire QB Vince Young | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mediocre Miami Dolphins need to stop playing it safe and acquire QB Vince Young

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Dolphins can play it safe - there certainly are plenty of ways to do so - in their search for a quarterback to challenge disrespected and beleaguered incumbent Chad Henne for the starting job.

Know what safe would get 'em?
Kyle Orton.

Know what Kyle Orton would get 'em?

Another dip in Lake Mediocrity with something along the lines of a third consecutive 7-9 record to show for it, which likely would mark the end of Tony Sparano's tenure as head coach and perhaps result in the firing of Jeff Ireland as general manager, too. The point is there's no such thing as job security at team headquarters on S.W. 30th Street in Davie these days, so the time ought to be right to strike the boldest of strokes.

The best thing Dolphins owner Stephen Ross could do is demand that the franchise take a significant risk with his money in pursuit of a possible substantial reward, and that means making a play for soon-to-be-former Tennessee quarterback Vince Young.

Yes, he's a malcontent, but it's not as though the Dolphins have been afraid of dealing with the oddities of Ricky Williams (more than once) and Brandon Marshall in the recent past.

And, yes, Young has behavioral issues, but so did a guy named Michael Vick, who's making Philadelphia look smart for having taken an unpopular chance on him. Vick wearing Miami duds now would render the Dolphins' quarterback quandary moot, by the way.

It's difficult to ignore how severely Young sabotaged the Titans last season after challenging then-head coach Jeff Fisher's authority, but it shouldn't be impossible. Young tore a flexor tendon in his right thumb during a loss to Washington, threw a fit when he wasn't allowed to return to the field and argued with Fisher in the locker room after the game. Titans owner Bud Adams in January declared that Young wouldn't be on the Tennessee roster for the 2011-12 season, but the quarterback hasn't yet been traded or released.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...stop-playing-1658078.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

I understand that playing with a ticking time bomb isn't safe, but as far as QB goes, Vince Young is no answer.

Stoda is a buffoon. Young is garbage. He doesn't have it in the head. You can't have the leader of your team and the orchestrator of your offense with the IQ of a grape...

I'm not the biggest VY fan, but the whole point of the article is accurate. Kyle Orton isn't going to get us anywhere . . . now maybe VY won't either . . . but he is a wildcard and can bring things to the table that Orton cannot. Plus VY I'm assuming would be free.

I dunno, Miami needs to take a chance here . . . especially with Henne still on the team and probably the front runner in any scenario.

Orton might get us mediocrity but Young would bring is to complete suckdom

Yea lets bring a guy in who attempted suicide, threw his shoulder pads into the crowd, quit on his team, argues with his coach and apologizes via text and doesn't have the balls to face in person, refuses to warm up before a game because he was not named the starter (against us), no thanks to that unstable nut, IDC if he is 32-0 as a starter, I don't want him anywhere near our franchise, I would rather stick with Henne or bring in Orton, bringing in Vince Young would be irresponsible and reckless by this front office, no thanks!

Lake mediocrity is starting to really stink, at least Young would give the possibility of a Vick type blossoming.

If Not.......we can draft a proper prospect next year.

At least we took a shot at greatness versus swimming with the rest of the bottomfeeders in a hopeless going nowhere fishbowl.

Lake mediocrity is starting to really stink, at least Young would give the possibility of a Vick type blossoming.

If Not.......we can draft a proper prospect next year.

At least we took a shot at greatness versus swimming with the rest of the bottomfeeders in a hopeless going nowhere fishbowl.

I like your thinking more than most Blue, and the rest of those that are just crazy enough to take a shot with VY. Unfortunately the thanks button is broke.

I say sign him up for competition. He could be the answer to getting someone who can compete here in Miami. If he doesn't win the job, he'll be a back up. What's the big deal?

Did anyone stop to consider the fact we could end up with, "shudder" both VY and Orton?

Back
Top Bottom