Meet our potential 1st round pick.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet our potential 1st round pick....

He isn't #20 talent. If he's our first pick, I hope we trade down to the 2nd.

I think Carey may be a very late 1st , but I agree with you , I think only Shawn Andrews is value at 20 for Olineman. Obviously Gallery is an early selection.

I doubt Miami will be "set" on draft day. I think they will have several scenarios , and let the draft unfold.

If by the draft Miami still feels that Oline is a notable deficiency , and that they feel they need to rectify that via the draft and if Andrews is not there I do feel they drop in the draft and get one of their targeted Olineman.

The value for Oline is not in round one this year , but strating in round two and down.

I think from how Rick has approached the offseason so far , we will make solid decisions and acquisitions in this years draft.

What makes everyone think Carey isn't #20 talent????

#20 isn't exactly a high pick. And Carey is the 3rd best olinman in the draft. I would even say he's a safer pick than Shawn Andrews since andrews seems to have several question marks. Carey will be a great RG in the NFL. He's experienced, proven, and versatile. I say pick him up if you get the chance.

If we don't take him at #20 we may not get him. According to that article i posted Tampa and New England have interests in him.

Originally posted by Lukin

#20 isn't exactly a high pick. And Carey is the 3rd best olinman in the draft. I would even say he's a safer pick than Shawn Andrews since andrews seems to have several question marks. Carey will be a great RG in the NFL. He's experienced, proven, and versatile. I say pick him up if you get the chance.

If we don't take him at #20 we may not get him. According to that article i posted Tampa and New England have interests in him.
I haven't seen one mock draft that has him rated in the top 20. Plus he's a guard. Plus there are questions about his work ethic from what I've read. Are those good enough reasons not to take him at 20?

Originally posted by LIQUID24
I haven't seen one mock draft that has him rated in the top 20. Plus he's a guard. Plus there are questions about his work ethic from what I've read. Are those good enough reasons not to take him at 20?

I know he's a guard. Is that not what we need? But he's versatile enought to play tackle.

I don't care what mock drafts say. I've seen mock drafts that have Kellen Winslow going 1st overall.

Work ethic? This guys been a proven starter for 4 years. I've read nothing about him have a bad work ethic. What i've read says he's the most polished, nfl ready lineman in the draft.

IMHO, he's who we need the most. So why not take him with our pick and be happy? He will complete what will be one of the youngest, most talented lines in the league that would be able to grow together and only get better as a unit.

Just because he *probably* is the third best OL in the draft doesn't make him #20 value. There are too many players who are more talented at their respective positions than Carey that will be available at 20. Obviously, that' is completely subjective assessment but that is how you judge *value* at a position. Carey is late, late 1st round to 2nd round talent. If he could be picked up in mid 2nd and we pick up a 3rd, *that* would be a good trade.

Let me guess - you're a UM fan / alumnus? :D

Not dumping on ya man, just a lot of UM fans overestimate the worth of all their players in the draft. And, not without some justification because UM has been a veritable factory line of NFL superstars. And UM fans aren't alone in possessing that type of bias, it's just something as a non Cane fan that I've noticed over the years.

[Edited to correct from the plural "alumni" to singular "alumnus"]

Okay...i'm not trying to make enemies here. I'm really not. I like you guys. But i'm really having a hard time understanding why everyone wants to trade down to get Carey. I don't care what his value is or how many players will be there at #20. TO US, he's PRICELESS. Why trade down and risk loosing him to another team??? He's the perfect choice for us to complete our young line. I don't know why everybody has this "Carey isn't worth #20 thing" going on. Someone must have said it one time and now everybody is preaching it. I bet if Mel Kiper or someone came on TV and said that he's a top 20 - 25 pick you'd all change your mind.

Philip Rivers was a 2nd round pick 2 months ago now he won't be there past #11. Just give it up guys and admit that Carey is our best bet and we should draft him at #20.

How can Carey be a great guard at the NFL level when he isn't even a good one at the college level?

Anyone drafting him as a guard is making a mistake. Plus, he has the same problem that Andrews has. FAST FOOD!! Andrews is a far more dominant blocker though.

Originally posted by Agua
Let me guess - you're a UM fan / alumni? :D

Actually no, i live in KY so i'm obligated to be a UK fan. I know we suck but hey, we have Jared Lorenzen!

Back
Top Bottom