Meet the Miami Dolphins' undrafted free agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet the Miami Dolphins' undrafted free agents

Some interesting guys

DT Anthony Johnson, LSU
( May 12, 2014 )
Johnson was rated the sixth best defensive tackle in the 2014 NFL draft. The only players rated better than him were Aaron Donald, Ra'Shede Hageman, Louis Nix, Timmy Jernigan and Daniel McCullers. But a medical redflag, and a failed drug test at the NFL combine tanked his draft stock. This former Parade All-American, and Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year plays tall, and has short arms. But he's athletic. He should be a good project for defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers.

OL Tyler Larsen, Utah State
( May 12, 2014 )
Larsen, who is 6-foot-4, 317 pounds, was rated the seventh best center in the 2014 NFL draft. Following a knee injury in 2009 he played 51 consecutive games over the next four years. His brother Cody Larsen is a defensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens.

Both rated pretty high at their position only to go undrafted.

TE Harold Hoskins, Marshall
( May 12, 2014 )
Gator Hoskins, a Gainesville native, lead the nation with 13 touchdown catches by a tight end after leading the country last year with 10. The 6-2, 244-pound finished Marshall career with 99 receptions for 1,318 yards and 28 touchdowns. He's viewed as an H-back, which is a glorified fullback. It's the role Charles Clay played before becoming Miami's starting tight end.

Another Clay ?

Most of these will be camp fodder but maybe a few gems ???

Larsen and Johnson are two I'd keep an eye on. Brock Jensen at QB is one we talked to all Saturday and considered drafting as the developmental QB.

They say that its better to go undrafted than in the 7th round so you can pick your situation so its not suprising we signed a lot of OL and LBs.

Gator and Belue are the interesting ones for me though.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m

Also, add these names to the Dolphins' UDFA list: DE Gannon Conway (Arizona State) and RB Orleans Darkwa (Tulane).

Tyler Larsen is a good fit. Personally, I will be mildly surprised if he doesn't make the roster. We have a few other college OT's I'll be keeping my eyes on too. Let's face it, between the draftees, these UDFA's, and the waves of cuts from other teams, there are going to be a lot of spots up for grabs.

The OL is going through a massive upheaval as JMartin, Incognito, John Jerry, Danny Watkins, Tysons Clabo, and possibly a few more OL are cleared out. Adding Albert, Fox, Shelley, James and Turner is probably not the end of the changes. Brenner, Garner and the rest are not guaranteed spots.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom