Melvin Ingram Has Opinions... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Melvin Ingram Has Opinions...

Apparently not listening to his coaches who essentially said "we are treating him as if he's all pro" or something of that nature...not to prop up Cutler mind you, just as a practice philosophy.

It's funny though that some Dolphin fans would say Cutler isn't a problem if he were replacing an injured Phillip Rivers for the Chargers and Tannehill was still healthy.

100% true

You don't talk about your opponent like that no matter who it is. Overconfidence is a killer, always have to keep grinding in this league

Especially when you just lost to Trevor freaking Seimen. Maybe this is why the Chargers never win

It's funny though that some Dolphin fans would say Cutler isn't a problem if he were replacing an injured Phillip Rivers for the Chargers and Tannehill was still healthy.

I have more respect for Cutler than that. The game plan is similar, though, in that you get in his face and force errors. Which is probably what Ingram's thinking, actually, but the problem with that is that our tackles face guys like Wake and Suh daily, who are individually better than both Ingram and Bosa combined.

I feel like the whole waiting around for two weeks to play will have us come out the gate stale and rusty.

I know Tannehill had a good game against them last year but would any team lose sleep over Tannehill either? Are we worried when we have to go against Alex Smith or Sam Bradford?

I have more respect for Cutler than that. The game plan is similar, though, in that you get in his face and force errors. Which is probably what Ingram's thinking, actually, but the problem with that is that our tackles face guys like Wake and Suh daily, who are individually better than both Ingram and Bosa combined.

Suh pretty much lines up over the guard on every snap, and Wake will always be over the RT.

On the flipside, Ingram and Bosa are very versatile defenders and are used in various techniques along the front 7.

Suh pretty much lines up over the guard on every snap, and Wake will always be over the RT.

On the flipside, Ingram and Bosa are very versatile defenders and are used in various techniques along the front 7.

Suh has lined up on the outside upon occasion and I have seen him conduct outside twists and stunts. Plus there are blocking techniques such as short traps that require OT to block inside.

Suh has lined up on the outside upon occasion and I have seen him conduct outside twists and stunts. Plus there are blocking techniques such as short traps that require OT to block inside.

Which is why my statement wasn't absolute. On occasion still doesn't equate nearly to the amount of versatility that Ingram and Bosa provide.

I'm not too worried about the pass rush. When you can run the ball at will that slows down any pass rush. The chargers have no answer to defending the rush

Back
Top Bottom