Melvin Ingram Has Opinions... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Melvin Ingram Has Opinions...

I'm not too worried about the pass rush. When you can run the ball at will that slows down any pass rush. The chargers have no answer to defending the rush

NT Brandon Mebane will have a say vs the run.

Which is why my statement wasn't absolute. On occasion still doesn't equate nearly to the amount of versatility that Ingram and Bosa provide.

I'm not arguing your point on the versatility of Ingram and Bosa. It's just that neither is, yet, skilled or experienced enough to measure up to Wake or Suh.

I'm not arguing your point on the versatility of Ingram and Bosa. It's just that neither is, yet, skilled or experienced enough to measure up to Wake or Suh.

Both Suh and Wake have also had significantly longer careers as well so I'm not sure what your trying to reach for there, and skill-wise Ingram and Bosa are right up there with some of the best.

My point with the experience is that they don't have the repertoire of tricks that a veteran picks up over their careers. At this point it's all native ability for Igram and Bosa, which is fairly impressive. On the other hand, I expected more than the three combined sacks they put up against Denver's cupcake line.

My point with the experience is that they don't have the repertoire of tricks that a veteran picks up over their careers. At this point it's all native ability for Igram and Bosa, which is fairly impressive. On the other hand, I expected more than the three combined sacks they put up against Denver's cupcake line.

LOL What moves outside of a speed rush and a spin counter does Wake have?

Of course, you have a narrative to hide behind.

Uh, you mean besides his bull rush, swim, and rip moves?

I'm curious what narrative you think I'm trying to hide behind.

Uh, you mean besides his bull rush, swim, and rip moves?

I'm curious what narrative you think I'm trying to hide behind.

I'll concede to the swim, rip, chop moves being that they are nuances of the speed rush, but Wake doesn't have an effective bull rush.

Bosa and Ingram both had 1.5 sacks and numerous pressures. Saying that isn't good enough is pushing a narrative along with claiming the Broncos have a cupcake line.

Last edited:
Considering that Wake has had four sack games against lines of equal skill? It really isn't.

First play: Play action pass from Cutler deep to DvP for a td, then a few shots of chargers players standing with their hands on their hips in disbelief, one of which is Melvin Ingram.

Considering that Wake has had four sack games against lines of equal skill? It really isn't.

LOL And how many times has that actually occurred?

Don't forget that Ingram is also a LB and not a designated pass rusher like Wake.

I thought him, Marshall and Jeffrey were going to shred our midget CB's (Grimes/Finnegan) the last time we faced him. I was wrong.

Ingram is good no doubt but our guys will indeed be a problem for him. They were last year.

At this point it's all native ability for Igram and Bosa, which is fairly impressive. On the other hand, I expected more than the three combined sacks they put up against Denver's cupcake line.

Why watching the actual game is important and glancing at the box score is meaningless.

Both Ingram and Bosa provide pressure despite Siemian being in shotgun on a half step drop.

More pressure by the duo resulting in an incompletion.

But sack numbers are so important . . .

Pressure and disruption is just as effective.

Last edited:
Another impressive factor of Bradley's scheme for the Charger's is how they lineup in mutiple positions across the front. This prevents an offensive lineman from being able to key on a single defender in film study. Instead, he has to watch for the nuances on all of them.

Back
Top Bottom