Merge"wad ball" a subtle diss at "wanny ball?"/Saban: We don't want to play"wad ball" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merge"wad ball" a subtle diss at "wanny ball?"/Saban: We don't want to play"wad ball"

YPF

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Saban-We dont want to play 'Wad ball' !

Saban joked that Williams could still be effective without playing "wad ball," which he described as "everybody gets wadded up in a pile in the middle of the field and you plunge it into the middle of it and let him run over everybody."

Saban "would rather have a balanced offense that utilizes all of the explosive players on the field.

"In saying that, you don't really have the old-fashioned theory that we have to have this great running back because we're going to give him the ball 40 times a game.

"I think that old philosophy does not hold true in this day and age because very few of those guys have been able to sustain that kind of performance over a period of time."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ar23,0,5322648.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Do you think maybe he was talking about Wanny ball.
:lol:

No, I think he used the correct term. This is because when he described the pile up and Ricky running into it, Wanny... while listening to this description...blew his wad.

jaxdolfan said:
No, I think he used the correct term. This is because when he described the pile up and Ricky running into it, Wanny... while listening to this description...blew his wad.
:roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: This freaking hilarious....

jaxdolfan said:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

jaxdolfan said:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

wanna must have felt that "low blow" coming..good he deserves it..Wanny was a moron. Saban must have been a dolphins fan after all all this time..he certainly knew what was going on all this time..

You got to love it, I think Saban is the kind of guy that likes to use multiple backs, much like linehan did at Minnesota.

This indicates to me that you may not see a big marquee back here with a huge contract, like a high first rounder would pull. Its hard to keep a runner happy that thinks hes the greatest when he isn't getting enough carries to lead the league in rushing.

If you think about it.... Brown has no problems sharing carries.... Williams complained he had too many carries....both could be very dangerous for us if we can get both use both in two back sets.... or put brown out in the slot and use ricky in the back or visa versa.... i mean think about the potential... you could have a very very strong backfeild with the both there.... both look like they do not have a problem sharing the carries... WOW... i'm gettting goosebumps thinking abouty RICKY and RONNIE in the back field.... with Chambers Booker & McMichael..... the D will be going bonkers with the a crazy playbook S.L. & N.S. will be drawing up.... we really have nothing to loose...

Krie30511 said:
If you think about it.... Brown has no problems sharing carries.... Williams complained he had too many carries....both could be very dangerous for us if we can get both use both in two back sets.... or put brown out in the slot and use ricky in the back or visa versa.... i mean think about the potential... you could have a very very strong backfeild with the both there.... both look like they do not have a problem sharing the carries... WOW... i'm gettting goosebumps thinking abouty RICKY and RONNIE in the back field.... with Chambers Booker & McMichael..... the D will be going bonkers with the a crazy playbook S.L. & N.S. will be drawing up.... we really have nothing to loose...

I don`t think so, if Ricky comes back, we won`t draft a RB (maybe in the later rounds) we can`t afford to have 2 premier RB`s with all the holes we have to fill.

BlueFin said:
You got to love it, I think Saban is the kind of guy that likes to use multiple backs, much like linehan did at Minnesota.

This indicates to me that you may not see a big marquee back here with a huge contract, like a high first rounder would pull. Its hard to keep a runner happy that thinks hes the greatest when he isn't getting enough carries to lead the league in rushing.

yea because Williams and Brown sure did get a lot of carries in college.

Phin19 said:
I don`t think so, if Ricky comes back, we won`t draft a RB (maybe in the later rounds) we can`t afford to have 2 premier RB`s with all the holes we have to fill.

One RB is already paid for...

BlueFin said:

You are absolutely correct. That would further justify using the #2 pick on Derrick Johnson. He's the type of game changing LB that we need on our D.

Back
Top Bottom