Merged @: 10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist/Cole Credible? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged @: 10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist/Cole Credible?

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
Watching it now and they said a live update in a couple minutes.

with the culpepper press conference happening today, the same day as Ricky's appeal, im guessing that were going to get bad news on Ricky. Nice media move on the dolphins part to shift the focus.

Cold Pizza is at the courthouse in NY where the trial is being held. They said the same things we've known from the beginning. Ricky has a chance to win because it's not the same substance and he could lose because this is his fourth failed test.

They reported if you were going to have to go to trial in a case involving a pro football player and a failed drug test you would want the lawyer Ricky has because he basically started the drug testing polices for the NFL. They also said the decision could take a few months and the Dolphins and Ricky really want a decision sooner rather then later because both need to know where they stand before the draft. After hearing that, I'd say we are two weeks from a decision, IMO.

why so late? im sure they'll say it today n find out

Why would it take that long to find out what happens? This isn't a murder trial or corporate fruad trial.

SR 7 said:

You would think it would be that simple, but the NFL should be labled the drama queen organization of the world because they love to drag things out to get the max press they can suck out of a story. Look at the BS at the CBA...drama, drama, drama!!!!!

SR 7 said:

the hearing is today.....but following that, they can take their time in coming to a decision.....it's not people are saying that they'll decide today, but just not tell anyone. It's that they are going to take some time to review all the info presented today and will make their decision in 1-2 weeks.

per front page of Finheaven.

"We demonstrated that the players had unknowingly ingested a banned substance by producing the substance he had actually ingested. We had it tested and it revealed the presence of a banned substance."

this to me tells me it'll take a week or two.

they will most likely have to test what he took, and determine his punishment. if any.

SR 7 said:

It's called "due process"... I take it you have not been invloved in any legal proceedings lately... anything that has to do with the legal process takes an excrutiating amount of time to come to the correct conclusion.

The final word comes from Tagliabue, who I imagine isnt even at this hearing. So the league will do the whole consult, debate thing, and that is going to depend on the time and availabilty of all the league officials involved.

In other words, it could be anytime, and the people responsible for scheduling Tags et al's workload arent going to promise a deadline :)

phinphan11 said:
It's called "due process"... I take it you have not been invloved in any legal proceedings lately... anything that has to do with the legal process takes an excrutiating amount of time to come to the correct conclusion.

Yep absolutely! I swear at law school they must teach these people on how to draw out a phone call for as long as possible to make the most money. Oh and dont get me started on the legal letter exchange back and forth game that goes on for months.

Back
Top Bottom