Merged @: 10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist/Cole Credible? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged @: 10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist/Cole Credible?

CrunchTime said:
Its over now.
The Hearing was moved to an undisclosed location.We wont know anything for a couple of weeks.He doesnt think its likely that Ricky will get off scott free because of the precedent it sets.

Dolphins should be planning to get a replacement though FA or the draft.

He doesnt think Ricky will retire even if he is supended for a year because of his financial obligations.

You can be sure that the Phins are already making contingency plans for this possibility... I'm also sure that they have their collective fingers on the pulse of these procedings.

Anyone else have a problem with setting precedence in confidential proceedings. Jason Cole's entire rationale for likely there being at least some punishment comes from not wanting to set precedence??? Seriously, anyone else thinking wtf? For precedence they should fine the Denver Broncos change the entire staff at the drug testing examiners office or whathaveyou. Just seems a stupid rationale to guarantee some punishment.

SR 7 said:
why so late? im sure they'll say it today n find out
i also think this. the trail is in front of a comity right. They talk for a little while and make a dicission.

I think that it is interesting that the alleged substance was an amphetimine. I know there are several anitdepressants/AAD drugs that have amphetimine components. In light of Ricky's prior mental health issues, I wonder if this could be a possibility?

Rank, borderline irresponsible speculation on my part

Texphinphan

People need to relax. This panel or judge is going to decide whether a guy who failed his fourth drug test should be suspended from his profession for a whole year. Don't you think a decision like that warrants some time? If this board made their decision haphazardly and immediately, it wouldn't be good for Ricky at all. They have to take the time and weigh all the evidence if it's going to be favorable for Ricky.

Merged: 10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist/Cole Credible?

Ddn't catch all of it but he is doubtfull about Ricky situiation and Lavar is a 10 to 15% chance of signing with us because we don't have a history of overpaying FAs.

Detroit still wants a 4th and the dolphins may only be willing to give a 7th or a 6th next year.
I know this is recapping most of the stuff we already know.:dolphins:

10 Or 15% Chance Miami Signs Arrington/Jason Cole on Hotlist

That's what the local Miami Herald sports writer on ESPN just said in regards to Miami ending up with OLB L. Arrington.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Wow, that low huh? I wonder who will offer him a contract as good or better then ours?

The latest word on LaVar Arrington is that the Jaguars are the team that has made him the best offer. Indications are the Jaguars have offered him a deal with $11 million in guaranteed money in the first two years, while Arrington is seeking $14 million. Without any deals coming close to that, he might be forced to take what the Jaguars are offering.

Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio had a good visit with Arrington a few weeks back and was not worried about his propensity for freelancing in the Redskins defense. Del Rio said he didn't see that on tape last year. The Jaguars have a hole at the strong-side linebacker spot, so Arrington makes sense. There is some concern in the organization about his "loose" knee, but if the price is right, the Jaguars would be willing to take him on.

If they do get Arrington, the Jaguars could focus on offense in the draft. They are interested in tight ends Leonard Pope of Georgia and Marcedes Lewis of UCLA. Jaguars tight ends coach Alfredo Roberts spent a lot of time with Lewis at his Pro Day workout last month, while new offensive assistant Mike Tice has studied Pope in great detail. Indications are the Jaguars are high on both players.

TXFinFan said:
The latest word on LaVar Arrington is that the Jaguars are the team that has made him the best offer. Indications are the Jaguars have offered him a deal with $11 million in guaranteed money in the first two years, while Arrington is seeking $14 million. Without any deals coming close to that, he might be forced to take what the Jaguars are offering.

Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio had a good visit with Arrington a few weeks back and was not worried about his propensity for freelancing in the Redskins defense. Del Rio said he didn't see that on tape last year. The Jaguars have a hole at the strong-side linebacker spot, so Arrington makes sense. There is some concern in the organization about his "loose" knee, but if the price is right, the Jaguars would be willing to take him on.

If they do get Arrington, the Jaguars could focus on offense in the draft. They are interested in tight ends Leonard Pope of Georgia and Marcedes Lewis of UCLA. Jaguars tight ends coach Alfredo Roberts spent a lot of time with Lewis at his Pro Day workout last month, while new offensive assistant Mike Tice has studied Pope in great detail. Indications are the Jaguars are high on both players.
if that's the case why won't he just sign with them?

BLITZKRIEG said:
That's what the local Miami Herald sports writer on ESPN just said in regards to Miami ending up with OLB L. Arrington.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I'm not too heart broken over hearing that. Lavar Arrington is good but i don't think we need to break the bank for him. Remember Saban is great at making average players overacheive. Travis Daniels was a rookie last year but he didn't play like it. Did anyone really see Yeremiah Bell as a capable starter before the season? We will get players who will excell even if we don't spend 56 Million on them.

Back
Top Bottom