MERGED 2X: Negativity | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Negativity

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Holy Negativeness Batman!

And I thought I was negative.
By all acounts I can be a little hard on my beloved Dolphins. Most of my friends, family members, co-workers, girlfriends...er...girlfriend, all say this about me. But if they were to see some of you guys on this board, they would think I walk around with rose-colored glasses 24/7.
As most fans, every Sunday I cheer and curse and yell and mock and berat some of the missed tackles, dropped passes, bad passes, stupid play calling, fumbles in the redzone, missed FG's for the win, shanked punts, etc, etc.
But Holy Frikkin Mad Cow Boys. We are 4 MONTHS from the start of the season and already, if I could quote a fellow poster....."The sky is falling, the sky is falling."
It is slow, I know. And yes examining and re-examing the draft, the free agents, the trades, the mini-camps and everything else involved in the offseason is all we have right now. But why does everything that happens in Dolphin Nation these days have to have bad consequenses.
Maybe the Boston trade will work out. Maybe AJ Feeley is the next big thing, or maybe Feidler finally shows us something. Maybe the new look O-Line will be bulldozing unit, Maybe Ricky will return to his 2002 form. Maybe Rick Speilman does know what he is doing. Maybe Chris Forrester is an offensive genius. Maybe Dave Wanstedt will coach his a$$ of this year.
Or maybe none of that is true. Whi knows.
Now like I said, I am not always Mr. Glass is half-full either, but that's kinda my point. When someone like me thinks this place is to negative, then that says something.
Just remember, it is good to take the rose-colured glasses off from time to time, but some of you need to remove the sh*t-colored ones also.

P.S. I know, I know negativeness is not a word :D

I feel that Aj if given the chance can be a huge upgrade at Qb. I also feel our Young O-line will make this team even better. I am not doom and gloom i just hate Wanny and dumbo! Other than that i am hoping for the best for this team.

Perhaps if all of your would quit trying to ram these "make believe" upgradesd own our throat we would subside.

The Huggers are as much to blame. Every day some idiotic post about how Feeley is going to win us a superbowl and how Fiedler did a great job, blah blah blah!

It goes both ways. Also some of us are tired of wearing the underahcievers crown for about twenty consecutive years. Don't you think its about time for this team with its veteran nucleus to make a run at a title? And if the answer is "yes" then can you say, with confidence, that we have made decisive and confident strides in that direction?

Considering Feeley's lack of experience, no offensive coordinator to speak of, and a patchwork line, us "negative people" have a lot more substance behind our comments than you "Super Bowl" predictors.

Give me a break. You guys are the blame.

dolfanreal69 said:
I feel that Aj if given the chance can be a huge upgrade at Qb. I also feel our Young O-line will make this team even better. I am not doom and gloom i just hate Wanny and dumbo! Other than that i am hoping for the best for this team.

See this is what I mean. AJ can be a "huge" upgrade. Based on what? I mean why should that be so confidently stated? The guy has 13 games since High school. You don't know d-ick about what AJ can do. A HUGE upgrade????

And our young line an upgrade? Why? Because they have new names? McKinney has not been able to handle the starts he has had, Smith showed promise but struggled often, James has one good year and may be the best of the group, and Carey is a rookie that we don't know if he can play NFL ball much less be an "upgrade" over Wade who was pretty damn good.

This crap goes on all the time. But we are the bad guys because we say "hey, on paper and stistically we don't look any better or maybe worse"

you are bad guys because you insult everyone who disagrees with you.

fin-atic said:
See this is what I mean. AJ can be a "huge" upgrade

The operative word is CAN. He didn't use the word WILL. You are quick to jump on any posts that even hints at a possibility of improvement.

The negativity on this board about the last 4 years creates the feeling that we must be better. The constant whining about how Fiedler is clearly the worst NFL QB ever has created the obvious impression that anyone is a clear upgrade?

How can Fiedler be the worst and Feeley not be better?
How can the worst OL not be upgraded by whoever is brought in?
How can David Boston not be an upgrade over Thompson?
How can any OC not be an upgrade over Turner? After all didn't we have to read the 1,000,000 posts that anyone would do better? Hell posters on this message board claim they can do better, why not someone with 11 years experience in the NFL?

pigskinguy said:
And I thought I was negative.
By all acounts I can be a little hard on my beloved Dolphins. Most of my friends, family members, co-workers, girlfriends...er...girlfriend, all say this about me. But if they were to see some of you guys on this board, they would think I walk around with rose-colored glasses 24/7.
As most fans, every Sunday I cheer and curse and yell and mock and berat some of the missed tackles, dropped passes, bad passes, stupid play calling, fumbles in the redzone, missed FG's for the win, shanked punts, etc, etc.
But Holy Frikkin Mad Cow Boys. We are 4 MONTHS from the start of the season and already, if I could quote a fellow poster....."The sky is falling, the sky is falling."
It is slow, I know. And yes examining and re-examing the draft, the free agents, the trades, the mini-camps and everything else involved in the offseason is all we have right now. But why does everything that happens in Dolphin Nation these days have to have bad consequenses.
Maybe the Boston trade will work out. Maybe AJ Feeley is the next big thing, or maybe Feidler finally shows us something. Maybe the new look O-Line will be bulldozing unit, Maybe Ricky will return to his 2002 form. Maybe Rick Speilman does know what he is doing. Maybe Chris Forrester is an offensive genius. Maybe Dave Wanstedt will coach his a$$ of this year.
Or maybe none of that is true. Whi knows.
Now like I said, I am not always Mr. Glass is half-full either, but that's kinda my point. When someone like me thinks this place is to negative, then that says something.
Just remember, it is good to take the rose-colured glasses off from time to time, but some of you need to remove the sh*t-colored ones also.

P.S. I know, I know negativeness is not a word :D

Even when you aren't being negative towards the fins , you're still negative towards another posters post?

:lol:

It is nice to be optimistic, but it isn't always realistic. I'm not going to say we have no chance to win anything this season, but I don't think this team will be much better than the one we have put on the field the past 2 seasons. Of course we could win a Super Bowl, but it is unlikely. We still have major question marks at quarterback and we don't know what our offensive line is going to do either. It could be good, but it could also be terrible.

This team is far from perfect. We are definitely strong at a few positions, but we have some holes as well.

One of the true tests of a good coach is player development. All the champions (Patriots, Spurs, Marlins), have taken guys from their system, made them better and made them a team, and won championships. If our coaches are able to take our young guys and bring them along, then we should be optimistic that our offensive line, recievers, and so forth will be an upgrade from last season and this team will in fact compete for a title. And if this doesn't happen, the seat under the coaches should get hotter, and not just under Wanny.

fin-atic said:
Perhaps if all of your would quit trying to ram these "make believe" upgradesd own our throat we would subside.

The Huggers are as much to blame. Every day some idiotic post about how Feeley is going to win us a superbowl and how Fiedler did a great job, blah blah blah!

It goes both ways. Also some of us are tired of wearing the underahcievers crown for about twenty consecutive years. Don't you think its about time for this team with its veteran nucleus to make a run at a title? And if the answer is "yes" then can you say, with confidence, that we have made decisive and confident strides in that direction?

Considering Feeley's lack of experience, no offensive coordinator to speak of, and a patchwork line, us "negative people" have a lot more substance behind our comments than you "Super Bowl" predictors.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WOULD MUCH RATHER HEAR POSITIVE NONSENSE THEN NEGATIVE NONSENSE.

But the bottom line is if its nonsesne its nonsesne whether good or bad, and it shouldn't be tolerated. ;)

iceblizzard69 said:
It is nice to be optimistic, but it isn't always realistic. I'm not going to say we have no chance to win anything this season, but I don't think this team will be much better than the one we have put on the field the past 2 seasons. Of course we could win a Super Bowl, but it is unlikely. We still have major question marks at quarterback and we don't know what our offensive line is going to do either. It could be good, but it could also be terrible.

This team is far from perfect. We are definitely strong at a few positions, but we have some holes as well.

blah blah blah

every team has holes

EVERY TEAM.

YOU TREAT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM LIKE YOUR WIFEY. SURE SHE HAS FLAWS, AND THERE MAY BE SOMEONE BETTER OUT ON THE MARKET, BUT YOU LOVE HER FOR HER GOOD AND HER BAD.

fin-atic said:

I never predicted a Super Bowl, nor did I predict a 0-16 season. I haven't predicted anything. The fact that it is May 12 might have something to do with that tho.
I have been as negative about Feidler and Wanny as anyone, and IMO that is fine because they have a track-record with this team. But how can you sit there beat down the new guys when they haven't played a single down in Aqua and Orange. It makes no sense.
Saying the team will suck this season just because we have A new QB and new O-Line and new OC is just as bad as being a "hugger", isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom