MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2x: Should the "Culture Change" include new uniforms?

Should the Dolphins Modify The Uniforms

• YES

Votes: 252 62.4%
  • NO

Votes: 152 37.6%

• Total voters
clear.gif

This will be the new NFL logo. Only 8 stars, the football is more upright to look more like the Lombardi trophy and the letters are more block style than curvy. It will start being used at this years draft.

can you repost with the current logo next to it?

It's not a matter of "if" but "when." Based on BP's history teams he's involved with change logos and/or unis within two years. If change comes this season then we know the request was put in prior to Parcells because of the notification rule. Don't be surprised to see a new look no later than the '09 season.

IMO he will go one of two ways with it. Retro 70s unis or a completely different look but keeping the color scheme. BP went retro w/ the stinkin' jets & cowboys but created something new for the pats. Please God, no Flying Elvis for us.

I debated about uniform changes a few years back. About how it must somehow matter to some because why on earth would a respected coach like Parcells continue to do so? IMO it definitely has a psychological effect on players, coaches and fans. NO, new unis won't make you tackle or catch but they will make everyone emotionally invested forget about the worst era in Phins history.

It's not a matter of "if" but "when." Based on BP's history teams he's involved with change logos and/or unis within two years. If change comes this season then we know the request was put in prior to Parcells because of the notification rule. Don't be surprised to see a new look no later than the '09 season.

IMO he will go one of two ways with it. Retro 70s unis or a completely different look but keeping the color scheme. BP went retro w/ the stinkin' jets & cowboys but created something new for the pats. Please God, no Flying Elvis for us.

I debated about uniform changes a few years back. About how it must somehow matter to some because why on earth would a respected coach like Parcells continue to do so? IMO it definitely has a psychological effect on players, coaches and fans. NO, new unis won't make you tackle or catch but they will make everyone emotionally invested forget about the worst era in Phins history.

he didn't make changes with the Giants or the Cowboys or the Patriots. The Pats got their new look after Parcells already left. Same thing with the Giants, they didn't change anything during Parcells' years.

The only team that did was the Jets.

I found an article about that from last year February 2,2007

It looks like the designer of this years Super Bowl logo has slipped up and leaked a bit of information pertaining to the redesign of the Miami Dolphins and San Diego Chargers logos. The report surfaced in a feature about Shandon Melvin, who grew up in West Virginia and designed this year’s Super Bowl logo. During the interview with Melvin, he slips when talking about the new logo to the reporter. As explained by the reporter…

“Right now he’s working on a new logo for the Dolphins and the Chargers.†Then the reporter adds, “Now, the inside word is that [Melvin] is working on a design update of the iconic NFL logo itself.†Then they cut to an audio clip of Melvin, who confirms the league logo revision: “We’re looking to update our brand just a little bit and to, I would say, refine it.â€
This is the first time the UniWatch Blog has heard about these redesigns of the Phins and Bolts logos. They feel Melvin will incorporate that long-overdue infinite regression into the Miami logo (a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin, etc.)
This could be interesting. I really have no opinions either way as I like the Phins logo but think it could use a refresher. I’m sure there are tons of die hard Phin fans who will be up in arms about this news.

http://www.sportech.info/2007/02/02/rumor-dolphins-to-get-new-look-logo/

Personally, I would like a change ONLY to the retro 70's version.

As for the new NFL logo, it will be unveiled at the 2008 Nfl Draft.

Go back a page and you will see the article.

Honestly, how in the hell is a new uniform supposed to make anyone forget that we were 1-15 last year?:shakeno:

i think we should make new jerseys or go back to retro as others stated. i LOVE those old white retros that we wore vs cowboys on thanksgiving.

1) It should be pretty far down the list of importance as to what should change to improve this football team.
2) If it happens, it is only a symbol (and a 3rd rate parlor trick at that) to claim something is really different.
3) Changing the uniform or logo will have more to do with contributing to a revenue increase from proshop sales then contributing to the play on the field.
4) Wouldnt bother me one way or the other, it doesnt change our past, and will have little impact on our future.

he didn't make changes with the Giants or the Cowboys or the Patriots. The Pats got their new look after Parcells already left. Same thing with the Giants, they didn't change anything during Parcells' years.

The only team that did was the Jets.

Okay, when BP coached the NYG he was a new HC so he had no pull so to speak. His first year in NE was 1993:
http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=151
Do you remember him coaching against us w/ his team in those "patriot pat" unis? I sure don't.

In 1994 there was a league-wide celebration and just about every team honored their retro uniforms. Dallas would then go on to wear those unis on special occasions. This was the only different uni the JJ owned Cowboys would wear until BP joined them. Coincidence? No. His version looks slightly different from the 1994 jerseys. Its actually their early 60s edition.

Back
Top Bottom