Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

The only scenario I see us taking Matt Ryan are as follows

1. If he is available at #32 overall
2. If we trade down in the first, acquiring multiple first round picks, and he is available in the mid to late first.

It's possible, but not likely. THe thought of him going #1 overall is ludicrous.

I wouldnt exactly say the thought is ludacris and I think that he comes a choice if the brain trust doesnt like Beck. They could call him and say hey well take u number 1 if u sign a contract like this if not then well look at someone else because we need our qb signed day 1.

I wouldnt exactly say the thought is ludacris and I think that he comes a choice if the brain trust doesnt like Beck. They could call him and say hey well take u number 1 if u sign a contract like this if not then well look at someone else because we need our qb signed day 1.

I strongly disagree with that. It would have to be much more than just not comfortable with Beck. Ryan is not even Top 10 material according to alot of sites. Because he is possibly the Top QB inflates his value but the fact remains we have plenty of holes to fill and we're not gonna take him just because we might need a QB. We need to take the BPA and luckily from what we have heard the PTB strongly believe it starts up front. Granted Sparano also mentioned a great QB, but Ryan is definitely not it IMO.

I think there are three players who represent good value at #1 Overall.

Glenn Dorsey
Matt Ryan
Chris Long

Don't be fooled by the high interceptions numbers. Many of those were not his fault. Plus, he did throw the ball almost 700 times, so his interception percentage was actually around 2%, which mirrors many of the best quarterbacks in the country.

He is accurate, fearless, he makes good decisions, he moves well in the pocket, he can make all the throws, and he does have that "it" factor which allows him to extend the play and make those around him better.

Don't be surprised if he gets strong consideration. He would from me.

I strongly disagree with that. It would have to be much more than just not comfortable with Beck. Ryan is not even Top 10 material according to alot of sites. Because he is possibly the Top QB inflates his value but the fact remains we have plenty of holes to fill and we're not gonna take him just because we might need a QB. We need to take the BPA and luckily from what we have heard the PTB strongly believe it starts up front. Granted Sparano also mentioned a great QB, but Ryan is definitely not it IMO.

Yeah all the sites that had Henne Booty Brennan Brohm as the top qbs since last summer. Qb gurus know that Ryan has all the tools to be a NFL QB and after the combine and pro day all the teams will know hes the closest thing to a franchise qb in this draft. Im not saying there wont be another one as I think a guy like Flacco Ainge could end up being really good but for considering taking a qb at 1 Ryan is the only one. Im not for it though cuz im on the draft Chris Long Band Wagon.

I think there are three players who represent good value at #1 Overall.

Glenn Dorsey
Matt Ryan
Chris Long

Don't be fooled by the high interceptions numbers. Many of those were not his fault. Plus, he did throw the ball almost 700 times, so his interception percentage was actually around 2%, which mirrors many of the best quarterbacks in the country.

He is accurate, fearless, he makes good decisions, he moves well in the pocket, he can make all the throws, and he does have that "it" factor which allows him to extend the play and make those around him better.

Don't be surprised if he gets strong consideration. He would from me.

Makes good decisions? 18 INTs and somewhere close to 10 fumbles say otherwise. Not a fan of his at all and luckily I don't think I have to worry about him ending up here.

Does anyone know if he's playing in next week's Senior Bowl. I think I read where he was going down to participate in drills, etc - but would not play in the game. I think Dorsey is doing the same.

thanks and just curious to know if anyone has any insight on this....

Back
Top Bottom