Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

He has a high ceiling, he could be a flop too, it's a risk, drafting QB is always a risk.

How the heck has Adamprez not responded to this yet?

Here I am:lol: What no email alerts about Matt Ryan being discussed?:lol: All I can say is the article is right on the money. The draft boards may finally be catching up to what the NFL scouts already know. Who knows maybe by April they'll have Ryan number one overall

"He ranks among the top three prospects in this class, and he is a player the Dolphins have begun exploring strongly. "

"Parcells has used first-round selections on quarterbacks such as Drew Bledsoe and Chad Pennington, and Bledsoe was the starter as a rookie. Ryan has the level of development to surpass Bledsoe's first-year performance (49.9 completion percentage, 2,494 yards, 15 touchdowns, 15 interceptions for New England in 1993). "

"But Ryan is the prospect who can help the Dolphins back to respectability – and the playoffs – the soonest. He also may be the best long-term prospect in this draft, and he plays the game's most important position.
There still is a long way to go before the first selection is made in April, but Parcells already may have found his man. "

What if. . .

We traded our first overall to Dallas for their two first rounders (and whatever else they add to make it a fair trade) and Matt Ryan is available at either of those picks? I think Bill Parcells will take him, if that is the case.

I think there are three players who represent good value at #1 Overall.

Glenn Dorsey
Matt Ryan
Chris Long

Don't be fooled by the high interceptions numbers. Many of those were not his fault. Plus, he did throw the ball almost 700 times, so his interception percentage was actually around 2%, which mirrors many of the best quarterbacks in the country.

He is accurate, fearless, he makes good decisions, he moves well in the pocket, he can make all the throws, and he does have that "it" factor which allows him to extend the play and make those around him better.

Don't be surprised if he gets strong consideration. He would from me.

He's also tough playing through an injury his junior year.

Here I am:lol: What no email alerts about Matt Ryan being discussed?:lol: All I can say is the article is right on the money. The draft boards may finally be catching up to what the NFL scouts already know. Who knows maybe by April they'll have Ryan number one overall

"He ranks among the top three prospects in this class, and he is a player the Dolphins have begun exploring strongly. "

"Parcells has used first-round selections on quarterbacks such as Drew Bledsoe and Chad Pennington, and Bledsoe was the starter as a rookie. Ryan has the level of development to surpass Bledsoe's first-year performance (49.9 completion percentage, 2,494 yards, 15 touchdowns, 15 interceptions for New England in 1993). "

"But Ryan is the prospect who can help the Dolphins back to respectability – and the playoffs – the soonest. He also may be the best long-term prospect in this draft, and he plays the game's most important position.
There still is a long way to go before the first selection is made in April, but Parcells already may have found his man. "

If we go Ryan or Brohm, I won't complain.

Already posted somewhere else - Draft forum I think. Still nice discussion fodder.

What if. . .

We traded our first overall to Dallas for their two first rounders (and whatever else they add to make it a fair trade) and Matt Ryan is available at either of those picks? I think Bill Parcells will take him, if that is the case.
Yeah, that would be like their whole draft this year and a good amount of next years too. (IF you go by the charts to be "fair") So I DOUBT that happens. The only way would be if they threw in a great player now. Like Witten (which again, won't happen)

Anyway, about Matt Ryan. I personally do not like the guy, but he did lead a team w/o too much talent to a good record and single-handedly beat VTech at their house... I would not be crazy about the pick, but if our FO really thinks he can be a superstar (I personally do not) then I am ok with that pick.

This franchise has not had top picks in the draft very often. The key is to make SURE you get this one right.

When evaluating Matty Ice remember he had zero WR's worth a crap.

Other it's really common these days for the top 5-10 guys not to play in the all-star games.

Overall: Ryan was redshirted for the 2003 season. During his first three seasons (2004-06) Ryan played in 26 games (18 starts) completing 419 passes on 693 attempts (60.5 percent) for 4,806 yards, 25 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. Ryan missed one game in 2006 with a sprained ankle. The table is set for Ryan to have a big year because Boston College is expected to open up its offense and he has the accuracy as well as the smarts to excel in the new scheme. However, his lack of elite arm strength and mobility does put a cap on his upside. His potential to develop into an effective starter or above-average backup should make him a late first-day pick if he stays healthy and improves his decision making in the face of pressure.

Coming into this season his marks don't see that good.

Back
Top Bottom