Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

hopin we trade down and stockpile a lot of young defensive players

since the odds of us trading down are .0001, I wouldn't mind Ryan at all

aside from building the lines, getting a franchise QB is a top priority

I don't think Dorsey is a fit, but either of the Longs would be good picks too

its a long way to the draft, plenty of time for the FO, HC and David Lee to evaluate John Beck.

its a long way to the draft, plenty of time for the FO, HC and David Lee to evaluate John Beck.

You got to be kidding me. Dorsey fits every scheme, and if he doesn't you make room for him.

If we are 3-4 Chris Long is our pick if he can play OLB. If we consider playing 4-3 Dorsey is the better choice. At least as far as defense goes. On offense Ryan Clady and Jake Long will be considered. But I think when all is said and done Parcells will want to go with Matt Ryan. On one hand he's more of a prototype QB then the one we have and on the other its a final nail in the coffin for the Cameron regime. Right or wrong Beck represents Cameron and Mueller and the QB right or wrong is the face of the team

I'd much rather Brian Brohm with the first pick if we were going to go with a qb. He has better upside, and has produced at a higher level than Ryan every year. Even his poorest year was better than Ryan's best(this year). Of course Andre Woodson has the most upside, but he also has the most risk factor.

If we are 3-4 Chris Long is our pick if he can play OLB. If we consider playing 4-3 Dorsey is the better choice. At least as far as defense goes. On offense Ryan Clady and Jake Long will be considered. But I think when all is said and done Parcells will want to go with Matt Ryan. On one hand he's more of a prototype QB then the one we have and on the other its a final nail in the coffin for the Cameron regime. Right or wrong Beck represents Cameron and Mueller and the QB right or wrong is the face of the team

I've yet to hear anything about Chris Long making the move to become more of a JT type of player. From anyone. Ever.

If we fix the O-Line, I believe we are going to see a HUGE difference in offensive production, and the rest of the picks should go towards rebuilding an aging defense imo. So I say no to Ryan or any other quarterback.

I think the bottom line is we are not going to be a playoff team without a decent QB....we cannot continue to have an average to below average guy at the QB spot year after year. Since Marino left we haven't even had an average QB here, or anyone who amounted to anything. None of the QB's in the draft really stand out, so we either have to go with what we have for now, or trade/acquire a vet qb from elsewhere. About the only decent QB's out there who I would go after are Anderson of Cleveland, or Volek of the Chargers.

I've yet to hear anything about Chris Long making the move to become more of a JT type of player. From anyone. Ever.

Actually I've heard quite a lot of it. In a 3-4 Long will be moved around a lot and will play both with his hands in the dirt and out.

Al Groh thinks his position in the NFL is 3-4 OLB and he thinks he'll be great for what its worth

Gholston you could make a case for - Long no way, I don't care what Groh says. Long has never played LB in any way according to any bio or history I can find. He's never been used in that way.

Actually I've heard quite a lot of it. In a 3-4 Long will be moved around a lot and will play both with his hands in the dirt and out.

Again, Long has never played OLB ever. If we want that type of player, get Gholston.

I'd much rather Brian Brohm with the first pick if we were going to go with a qb. He has better upside, and has produced at a higher level than Ryan every year. Even his poorest year was better than Ryan's best(this year). Of course Andre Woodson has the most upside, but he also has the most risk factor.

I have no facts to back this up, it is just my opinion, but I view Brohm as more of a product of the system. I don't think he will be great in the NFL.

When reading the article, this jumped out at me...

"But Ryan is the prospect who can help the Dolphins back to respectability – and the playoffs – the soonest. He also may be the best long-term prospect in this draft, and he plays the game's most important position."

Those are very good points. It's tough to argue with that.

Back
Top Bottom