MERGED 3X:Cowboys release Allen\Go after\Larry Allen released by 'Boys yesterday.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3X:Cowboys release Allen\Go after\Larry Allen released by 'Boys yesterday....

Allen aint what he used to be, but as far as I know he's still a pretty good drive blocking player.

If the cash is right, and he's not retiring I'd be interested in him.

Allen would be a great addition and it would provide expierence and an upgrade to our O-line. We need to sign him but only if the price is right!

wazzy said:
Allen would be a great addition and it would provide expierence and an upgrade to our O-line. We need to sign him but only if the price is right!

Allen is a man among boys. This stud is a first ballot hall of famer. GET HIM!!!!

Houck was indeed his coach in Dallas during his first fews seasons - so there is a link there. As well, Allen has proven efficient at playing multiple positions on the o-line. He did play RG during the Cowboys 1995 SuperBowl season which many argue was the greatest o-line ever. The guy is a great talent and has world-class strength; however, he is one miserable human being.

Go after Allen

Believe me, I am just as synical as the rest of you when a player pops up on the waiver wire and everybody immediately thinks he is a good fit for the Dolphins.

But in this case, I do believe that signing G Larry Allen would be a perfect fit for the Dolphins. First of all, he is still a top level O-lineman. He may have lost a step, but he has way more steps than any of our lineman anyway. Also, he would provide a veteran presence to our line that hasn't been seen since Tim Ruddy. Thirdly, he would fill a huge hole in our O-line core. Allen and James could be the guards, Carey and Shelton the tackles, and Hadnot could slide over to C, like he did at the end of the season. It works, and he would not be overally expensive.

You're right.

He would be a tremendous addition to our oline. Move Hadnot to C and let Hauk work his magic.

I'd give him a one year deal.

I would LOVE to have larry Allen open monster size holes for ronnie. Larry is a beast.

rumor:Allen has wanted to retire for a few years now, his wife kept him playing for the 7 mill bonus he was due this year...

Only if he wants to play for relatively cheap! He was makin a hell of alot of money in Dallas.

thepoolboy said:
Houck was indeed his coach in Dallas during his first fews seasons - so there is a link there. As well, Allen has proven efficient at playing multiple positions on the o-line. He did play RG during the Cowboys 1995 SuperBowl season which many argue was the greatest o-line ever. The guy is a great talent and has world-class strength; however, he is one miserable human being.

What has Allen really done that's bad? The Jose Cortez incident was questionable, but I've also read that Cortez was being an arse to the long snapper after a failed field goal, and Allen grabbed him by the helmet.

miamirw said:
You're right.

He would be a tremendous addition to our oline. Move Hadnot to C and let Hauk work his magic.

I'd give him a one year deal.

why does everyone want to give everybody we sign 1 year deals. not just the fans but the organization too. u cant build a franchise by signing one year contracts to everybody.

Back
Top Bottom