Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All Ricky Williams Trade Threads

Would you trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee?

• Yes, I would trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown for Willis Mcgahee.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • What? Trade Ricky Williams and Ronnie BROWN for Mcgahee? HELL NO!!

Votes: 223 94.5%

• Total voters
Doktor Ivel said:
I've been watching ESPN, and looking online for this, but i coulnt find anything.
I heard from a friend, who knows someone at the front office of the Saints, and he said, the saints are desperatley looking to trade for a RB, since Duece McAllistor had went down. He mentioned somthing about Ricky Willams, and getting him before the deadline

Well, it's either your friend is full of crap or your friend is full of crap. I can't choose which one it is though.

As I read it from ESPN Mcallester out for season with ACL tear and have been in contact with the Dolphins- about what or whom would be purely speculation.

It's Obvious Saban Is Going To Trade Ricky Williams

As good a season as Ronnie Brown is having the Dolphins coaching staff continues to use him sparingly while giving Ricky Williams a lot of reps. There can only be one reason why the Dolphins won't maximize Ronnie Brown's talent and that is because they want to showcase Ricky Williams to any team in need of a running back in hopes of getting a 3rd or 4th round draft pick in return. I don't think we can get a 2nd round pick for him!

There is no way Ricky Williams will be in a Dolphins uniform next year, guaranteed! If Ricky is in a Dolphins uniform next year, Ronnie Brown will be the one traded, for a high draft pick that will be used on a top tier college QB.

Finally, the season is now officially over. Sage is not the answer. Hopefully we'll get to see a little of Cleo Lemons and find out if he has any chance of being an NFL quarterback. All that is left is for us to evaluate who will be back next year and in what capacity. One thing for sure, Jason Taylor will be back, unless we can get a 2nd round pick for him. Could you imagine what our pass rush would be without Jason Taylor. The blitz isn't getting it done and there is nobody else on the team with any kind of consistent pass rushing skills.

Between the draft and free-agency we will try to bring in playmakers at QB, CB, WR, LB, DE, and S. I say we start off with obtaining Terrell Owens the top available (will be) PLAYMAKER! Draft a QB in the first and a CB in the second OR obtain one of the top free-agent QBs and draft a CB in the first and a DE or LB or safety or CB in the second.

In my opinion that is the quickest way for this team to become a playoff/Super Bowl contender. What do you think?

Guaranteed? One of our best players being traded is a guarantee?

I am depressed right about now, I am upset right about now. But you know what I just realized...there is no fire in these players. About the only players we have that do care if we win or loose have showed emotions throughout the season now and in the past are Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Saban although he has not been what I expected I feel that he will rebound next season. I feel this guy is smart he just needs the coaching depth at the professional level to suceed. I would hate to see him get that here and go on later on to another football team and make them champs. Patience is required when dealing with a lot of players that phsycologically have been affected by the dark regime (Wannt, Spielman, Wise) in the past. We cannot blame for Saban being over-aggresive. We can't blame Linehan because Saban approves every call in the end. I do blame the defensive coordinator. This guy was picked up from a Lions organization. I would much rather have Saban promote one of his LSU defensive guys and let saban call the plays on D. This D has been as pathethic and probably worse then the Offense. All I can say now is that next year a lot of guys will not be coming back that is guaranteed. From coaching to Players..Saban is finding who will and who won't be part of this system. I'm dissapointed because of Sabans supposively Disciplinarian attitude. I have not seen that yet..in fact I've seen him too happy when we score on a play or win a game! It's almost like his confidence level is down. I don't know if anyone else can notice this but I do see it. Saban needs a moral boost he needs Huizenga to let him know "hey man we're behind you, we know it wouldn't take a year so we'll buy you some time." Half of the dolphins roster unfortanutely would be 2nd team players on a lot of other NFL teams. In the end what I am trying to say is that Saban needs to be that disciplinarian he once was mentioned as and he needs to bring his level of confidence up a notch. He needs to be smart and play the players that will matter in the future. He needs to be a a realist and I know it's hard because no TEAM, NO COACH plays for the future but it's something that must be done. The nucleaus needs to be reconstructed down here. Chambers, McMike guys who once were promising stars are now players affected by the failure injected by the former regime. These guys need a new start somewhere else and this dolphins team needs a cleansing from head to toes. Goodbye Mr. Defensive Coordinator and unfortuantely I think Saban will be sticking to Linehan next year and for many years to come because in the endi t's all a process it does us no better to hire a new Coordinator next year. LInehans system will work with the right players and the right attitude. Go dolphins!

A depressed fins fan!

I think theres a GOOD chance RW will not be traded... why? because im betting that RW would rather stay playing for saban and share some carries with Ronnie than move to another team. That being the case im sure any trade involving RW would be a conditional one.. and we would lose on that end of the deal as I doubt Ricky would continue to play for another team. There are no guarantees out there.. and why the hell would we trade away the one of the few things we have working for us? crazy if you ask me

byroan said:
Guaranteed? One of our best players being traded is a guarantee?

yes he will. i have been saying this for months now that its all a bus. minded approach. if u ahve some knowledge about being a bus. man, u'd know what is going on. RW will be gone next year. he is a very good player but we have one that is BETTER and we have more needs then RB right now due to R.B.

SCall13 said:
If we trade Ricky Williams, we won't give him up for less than a 2nd.
we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him...no matter how great he was, he bailed on his team to go smoke pot in the mountains, which will greatly affect his tradeability (is that a word?)

SweepeR said:
yes he will. i have been saying this for months now that its all a bus. minded approach. if u ahve some knowledge about being a bus. man, u'd know what is going on. RW will be gone next year. he is a very good player but we have one that is BETTER and we have more needs then RB right now due to R.B.

Ricky isn't making anything. Using a business minded approach, you keep that player.

Yea, one of the best players and cost near nothing. Let's get rid of that guy (sarcasim).

How about we just get a coaching staff that can utilize its personel. If it takes putting Ronnie or Ricky in as a WR do it. Hell, lets install the wishbone if it gets them both on at the same time (OK, more sarcasim).

Back
Top Bottom