Merged: And with the 25th pick, the Miami Dolphins select... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: And with the 25th pick, the Miami Dolphins select...

JT99Dfense

Patiently waiting for fins to explode
Reaction score
Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut. This position is sticking out like a sore thumb. :err:

According to http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php this is who we will take.
This guy has some nice vids of his games on youtube and looks like the shutdown corner we need. I say take him and a NT in the 2nd round.

Thoughts or opinions on this player or on who will shall take?

Unless its BPA i believe we'll draft a denfensive player. Im guessing either a linebacker or cornerback. I know butler is really good but how far apart is he from vontae davis?

We will draft someone nobody has predicted. We will either reach for a player, or grab one who should have been drafted a lot higher. Parcells has often reached on players, and I wouldn't put it past him.

You know what even though I have said Clay Matthews, Butler is starting to make perfect sense. No that I have changed my stance, but I keep thinking they are going CB.

We will draft someone nobody has predicted. We will either reach for a player, or grab one who should have been drafted a lot higher. Parcells has often reached on players, and I wouldn't put it past him.

Sounds like Clint Sintim to me and I still think he's our pick.

I would probably go with a LB, CB and WR in that order but you never know if a guy might slip down to us? We should be able to get three starters with our Day 1 picks.

they have there draft boards and whos what value.. with this pick you take best player available.. towards team neads soo obviously CB and LB DT are the main issues we have obviously a fb so he wont be drafted that high im hoping for a good linebacker to drop

The other option is the Fins trade down, and grab a extra pick in the 2 and maybe 4th round. But that depends on whats out there and if another team is motivated enough to pull the trigger.

not if we sign rolle or lucas or mcallister. i think we go LB with that pick, the front 7 is more important in our philosophy

Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut. This position is sticking out like a sore thumb. :err:

According to http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php this is who we will take.
This guy has some nice vids of his games on youtube and looks like the shutdown corner we need. I say take him and a NT in the 2nd round.

Thoughts or opinions on this player or on who will shall take?

It would certainly make sense, however, what this type reasoning fails to take into account is that no one knows for sure what Miami thinks of these players.

Yes it could be Butler, or, they may have their eyes on a linebacker they believe is special, and may also believe they can get a corner in round 2, or, the thinking may be reversed and maybe they believe Butler or some other corner is special and that they can still get a pash rusher in round 2.

Butler would be a fine pick I Think though, but we will find out on draft day.

With the 25th pick: Derrius Butler

Its obvious Derrius butler is our man

here is the big reason why... we already have somewhat of pass rushers, we just dont have any youth in our pass rushers, joey porter just came from a pro bowl season almost lead the lead in sacks, tell me why would parcell use the first pick on a pass rusher? and we signed cam-wake so we can easily get a pass rusher in round 2. but as far as cornerback goes, we do not have a good corner on our team at all. will allen sucks, eric green sucks and so does jason allen. Our corner backs were the reason we lost some of our games last year. The texans game for instince, i know you guys remeber andre johnson right? lol, he single handly man handle will allen, andre goodman and even y bell, parcell knows this and is a very smart guy. the weak part of defense was the secondary and thats why he addressed it first by signing gibril wilson now hes gonna look for a shutdown cornerback in round 1, then in round 2 a pass rushing lb and a Wid reciver. in rund three maybe another cb or a Tight end!!!

Darius Butler CB 5'11 185 Uconn

By: Robert Davis
Butler has been a standout in the secondary for the Huskies since his redshirt freshman season. During that 2005 season, he had 36 tackles and four picks, and also averaged over 33 yards per kick return, taking one back for a touchdown. As a sophomore, Butler finished with 50 tackles to go with four more interceptions. As a junior he had a career high 54 tackles, along with two interceptions for the season. Butler did everything as a senior until a knee injury ended his season after nine games. On defense he had 37 tackles, two for loss. As a wide receiver he caught eight passes for 107 yards and a touchdown. He was also the Huskies main kick returner, averaging 23.5 yards per kick reeturn.
Strengths
Butler has all the athletic gifts to continue to play at a high level at the next level. He is an excellent athlete, with the quickness and agility to follow receivers in and out of their breaks. On talent alone, he is one of the best corner prospects in the draft. Butler is such a good athlete that the Huskies get him on the field and ask him to play a variety of roles for the team. He has spent time as a kick returner during his career, and is being used as a receiver on offense to utilize his playmaking ability. Butler also shows a nose for the football, and is an excellent leaper, which allows him to go up and make plays on the ball in the air.
Weaknesses
Butler is not lacking much physically. He has just about average size, but that is about it from that perspective. He also is not the most physical corner on the field. He can cover just about anyone, but will need to learn how to become physical with receivers and be more aggressive in run support.
Future
Darius Butler is an excellent cover corner and brings big play ability to the secondary. He is not the most physical defensive back in the draft but his ability to cover his man should get him taken in the first two rounds. If he can become a more well rounded corner, Butler has the talent to be a shut down type corner at the next level.

Sparano has connections at UConn, which led to us finding Donald Thomas last year. I don't know whether this will be the pick, but I am confident that we will have a good read on this guy by draft day.

It should be mandatory to learn how to spell a prospect's name before starting a thread advocating their selection.

Anyways...we do not have pass rushers. We have a pass rusher, Joey Porter, and thats it. We can't count on Cam Wake to make any significant contributions in his first season. Getting a pass rusher is our number one need going into the draft.

And Will Allen does not suck, he is definitely a solid starting cornerback.

First of all you can't even spell his name and your telling me you did research on this guy? Second of all Will Allen doesn't suck and is underrated as hell. Lastly, Porter is aging and we need his replacement now so we are ready when the time comes. Pash rusher is just as high on our priority list as corner back.

Back
Top Bottom