Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Antonio Bryant agrees to four year deal with Bengals...

Brandon marshall will NOT be a dolphin we didnt even make a play of antonio bryant why would we look at marshall. We are drafting a WR i guess. Man for as good as things started we have not got a break since............

They're either gonna trade up for Dez or be happy trading down for Benn or Golden Tate or scoop up Mardy Gilyard in the 2nd round.

Considering they had plenty of time to compete for Boldin and Bryant, both of whom were vocal about wanting to play here, and elected not to do so, the Trifecta obviously has an alternate plan in mind.

I sure hope so because we are running out of impact players at any position we have needs at. Not to mention right now we have more needs then draft picks and that would be assuming every draft pick becomes a starter or makes an impact.

Wonder what the plan is now o wait we wont find out.......how frustrating sometimes....

I just found a photo of Jeff Ireland at work, tirelessly trying to find a fix to the hole we've had at wide receiver the past 3 years:

clear.gif

Because Antonio Bryant is a stud WR. He was the future. :rolleyes2:

They're either gonna trade up for Dez or be happy trading down for Benn or Golden Tate or scoop up Mardy Gilyard in the 2nd round.

Considering they had plenty of time to compete for Boldin and Bryant, both of whom were vocal about wanting to play here, and elected not to do so, the Trifecta obviously has an alternate plan in mind.

I can only hope down to get the extra pick in the second. If 3 picks in this seasons draft class project into the starting lineup that would make 9 in three years. 9!!!!!!!!!!! and if zero it is still 6 starters in 3 years. Free agency can not buy that.

Next season one of two things is going to happen:

1) another uncapped year with more free agent talent to buy
2) CBA is signed and there will around 500 UFA's hitting the open market!

Vaark hits the nail, if the front office thought we needed one of those receivers they would have signed them.

So relax drink some beer and a shot or five or Jack and count the days to the draft because this franchise is in better shape then it has been since Don Shula.

Because Antonio Bryant is a stud WR. He was the future. :rolleyes2:

No, I agree Bryant wasn't our answer, but a stopgap. I DO have a problem with the fact that the team hasn't even brought in anyone to meet with them at WR. The moment I see the Dolphins have set up a meeting with even someone like Derrick Mason, I will believe that the team is at least looking at possibilities and are seriously attempting to fill a major hole on our team.

I don't mind us not signing anyone, but at least teams in need like the Bengals are doing their due diligence. I just ask they don't ignore it like they have in the past, or try to half-*** it with late round picks.

Thank god I was starting to worry we would sign this loser. Now hopefully we don't do anything after tomorrow's deadline and we're safe from another loser.

I was in the minority here, but I wasn't all to thrilled with the idea of Antonio Bryant with the Dolphins. I like a certain "other" Bryant in the draft as a better, long term option.

I can only hope down to get the extra pick in the second. If 3 picks in this seasons draft class project into the starting lineup that would make 9 in three years. 9!!!!!!!!!!! and if zero it is still 6 starters in 3 years. Free agency can not buy that.

Next season one of two things is going to happen:

1) another uncapped year with more free agent talent to buy
2) CBA is signed and there will around 500 UFA's hitting the open market!

Vaark hits the nail, if the front office thought we needed one of those receivers they would have signed them.

So relax drink some beer and a shot or five or Jack and count the days to the draft because this franchise is in better shape then it has been since Don Shula.

That is a really good point.... It just gets frustrating ............

You better hope so because the Trifecta acts like they're not concerned at all about the WR position which is one of the weakest if not the weakest position on the team!!!!!

Boldin- not worth TWO picks and a new contract ( I would be ready to deal a 3 or a 4th but not both.)

Bryant - no worth 7 million a year

Not alot on the market. There really isnt.

If they dont pick a WR in the second or first round then I will be very very upset. I would accept them getting a receiver later if they get one of the good pass catching Tight ends.

No, I agree Bryant wasn't our answer, but a stopgap. I DO have a problem with the fact that the team hasn't even brought in anyone to meet with them at WR. The moment I see the Dolphins have set up a meeting with even someone like Derrick Mason, I will believe that the team is at least looking at possibilities and are seriously attempting to fill a major hole on our team.

I don't mind us not signing anyone, but at least teams in need like the Bengals are doing their due diligence. I just ask they don't ignore it like they have in the past, or try to half-*** it with late round picks.

Brandon Marshall 4th Rd Pick
Derrick Mason 4th Rd Pick
Terrell Owens 3rd Rd Pick
Antonio Bryant 2nd Rd Pick
Anquan Boldin 2nd Rd Pick

You get your Receiver through the Draft. They don't magically appear.

Back
Top Bottom