Merged: Anyone remember Phil Savage?/Savage let go by Browns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Anyone remember Phil Savage?/Savage let go by Browns

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Anyone remember Phil Savage?

I guess the Browns are getting ready to fire Savage after only one year. Seems kind of silly considering they look to be headed in the right direction. Anyhow, I know a lot of people wanted him as a GM last year.

Oh, and save me the time, I know this belongs elsewhere. I give this to minutes before it is moved. :tongue:

Then why couldn't you post it where it was supposed to be posted instead of making us move it for you? --mod

Something went seriously wrong there and I wonder what it was. Give props to PFT. At 11am this morning they posted a piece on Collins and Savage feuding in Cleveland and how Savage might be on the outs there.

Now I've heard from two different people that it's official.

Unless Saban and Mueller are going through similar problems, I don't see Savage landing in Miami.

painnotpleasure said:
I'm really surprised by this move, as suggested above... something is seriously wrong there.
I agree with the move, it wasn't really Dolphins related.

:goof:

Becks7 said:
That would be "two" minutes until it is moved ;)

You assume I was talking about a specific time. Which I was but now my lame butt is trying to cover up like I really intended on meaning something else. :D

Looks like he's staying now.

Browns | Savage to remain with team
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:34:57 -0800

Scott Petrak reports Cleveland Browns senior vice president and general manager Phil Savage will remain with the team, despite reports that he would be fired. "Although it is our policy not to respond to rumors, in fairness to our fans, we felt it necessary to dispel them," Browns president and chief executive officer John Collins said on ClevelandBrowns.com. "It was unfortunate and very unfair to the organization and especially to our fans, but we are happy to put this behind us and focus on our game this Sunday and the busy offseason ahead."

He was probably making sure the mods were awake because they have been known to snooze conveniently.

Back
Top Bottom