MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Arrington released/Petitgout too

I wonder why the Giants released Luke. Was it injury, the cap or both? Because if he can return to health next season we should be all over him and then sign a low-profile Guard like Derrick Dockery who is very solid and wouldn't command as much $$ as a Steinbach or Dielman at LG. If not the draft is loaded with talent at Guard: Ben Grubbs, Justin Blalock, Arron Sears, etc. Keep Fonoti 'cuz I think he may have re-dedicated himself under Houck (his old OL coach) and is keeping his weight down.

Looking back I'm glad we didn't get LA last year. I wanted to acquire him too. That would have been another thing which could have blown up in our faces. I think we stand a solid chance of acquiring a LB in the draft or a healthier one during FA. There are others out there which are clearly closer to their prime. Sorry LA.

If true & i hope it is we should sign him quick remeber he wanted 2 play here last offseason & we really need a player like Arrington on our defense!!!!
this guy is hurt! how hurt is he is the first question?:shakeno:

My knock on luke Petitgout is the penalties he commits. Sure he is a great run blocker, but this guy consistantly gets called for False Starts.

I saw this injury coming. I was all for Julius Peterson, I know he keeps himself in good shape and sure he had knee injuries before but his injury is not an ongoing repetitive injury like the one Arrington has.

Arrington has had issues with his tendons for a while, similar to David Boston.
Dude, do you know how much Peterson got?

If Arrington is willing to come cheap, I'm fine with that. Likewise for Petitgout. Best case scenario would be that we land a LB who returns to Pro Bowl form and a decent LT.

I wonder why the Giants released Luke. Was it injury, the cap or both? Because if he can return to health next season we should be all over him and then sign a low-profile Guard like Derrick Dockery who is very solid and wouldn't command as much $$ as a Steinbach or Dielman at LG. If not the draft is loaded with talent at Guard: Ben Grubbs, Justin Blalock, Arron Sears, etc. Keep Fonoti 'cuz I think he may have re-dedicated himself under Houck (his old OL coach) and is keeping his weight down.

I'm pretty sure that the main reason for releasing Pettigout was his injury history. He was probably the Giant's best lineman, but he was constantly hurt. The Giants have one of the youngest, most talented lines in the league, so it probably won't have too much effect if they can find a competent replacement.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him if it was at a decent price. Maybe give him a one year, incentive laden contract so that it won't be too risky. I don't know if this would be possible depending on how much interest he draws though. I'm all for signing Derrick Dockery though, as you said he should be the cheapest between Steinbach and Dielman.

Seems like it was health and cap related issues. Giants want to resign O'Hara and Petitgout's replacement did an admirable job anyways. Guard isn't too bad an issue for us considering we've got a decent lineup and there are many options to choose from. Left Tackle remains a pain in the rear for us.

for cheap? id do it. Petitgout is an upgrade over D-Mac...Arrington is an upgrade over Spragan. how about we bring both in...we can still draft an LT, and let them battle it out in camp. but id still like to see Adalius Thomas here tho

Back
Top Bottom