Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

wpgfishfan said:
I know we all love this site, but I have been to Buffalo,Minny and Miami and Miami was the quietest stadium by far. The fans on Miami do not seem to be as passionate as other teams have

no, not lately, but years ago, that place wouldn't shut up. in the marino days, everyone was into it. not much to cheer about especially at the moment.

bakedmatt said:
no, not lately, but years ago, that place wouldn't shut up. in the marino days, everyone was into it. not much to cheer about especially at the moment.

Actually it was toned down when Marino started playing. He did bring some life back into things, but he also had a lot of Jets fans going to games just to see him play. They would wear Miami Jerseys, and if the team was playing the Jets, and the Jets won, you would see them taking them off, wearing Jets Jersey's underneath. They would also start cheers when Miami was on offense at the LOS. That stuff caught on too, because to this day some Miami fans still do it.

There was nothing louder than the early 70's during the terrible towel/Super Bowl days. It was absolutely deafening.

it is a disgrace

opening day. Were 0-0 and we cant sell out. Terrible.

Even if we were 2-11 like last year going into the New England Game we should always sell out.

When the TV stations buy the remaining tickets, do they then sell them during the period of time before the game starts? They would have 3 days to sell the tickets, and based on history they would almost always make their money back. For some reason walk up crowds in Miami are always high.

BTW, I live in Tallahassee, have Sunday Ticket, and have never had a blackout problem. If the Tallahassee local CBS/Fox is showing the game, it's blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channel, but obviously you can watch it on the regular channel.

actually it carries over to the west coast too - i live in ft myers and would be part of the blackout as well... thank god for party buses - 50 good friends, all the beer we can drink, ride to and from and tickets to the game... all for the super low price of $55.00 :wink:

its a 75 mile radius for the blackout. west palm beach is affected and naples too i think. but not tampa

Kenny_Stang said:
Yeah. LoL. Still, if I was in Miami I would be at every game... what's wrong with Miami fans?!?!?! :fire:

out of state miami fans are allways more dedicated... whats up with that?

do like i did, give into your wives, pack up everything, move to florida and busy yourselves some season tickets. then make some noise, its pretty simple actually

Kenny_Stang said:
if I was in Miami I would be at every game... what's wrong with Miami fans?!?!?! :fire:

I'll tell ya... A$$hole little punks that get paid WAY to much to play a game, drive ticket prices through the roof!! I have a wife and daughter that I have provide for, and it's not so easy for me to pay those prices to see my favorite team. Plus it is a freaking Sauna at the stadium for 1:00 games, plus any seat I could get would be so far away from the action the players would look like ants!!

I would rather be at home in A/C, with a 12 pack of Corona, in the front row seat that is my couch. If they want to play the blackout game I can just be a Canes fan, and Fins can kiss my a$$!!

wpgfishfan said:
I know we all love this site, but I have been to Buffalo,Minny and Miami and Miami was the quietest stadium by far. The fans on Miami do not seem to be as passionate as other teams have

But they are very passionate about badmouthing their team........ :rolleyes:

Dolphreak said:
I'll tell ya... A$$hole little punks that get paid WAY to much to play a game, drive ticket prices through the roof!! I have a wife and daughter that I have provide for, and it's not so easy for me to pay those prices to see my favorite team. Plus it is a freaking Sauna at the stadium for 1:00 games, plus any seat I could get would be so far away from the action the players would look like ants!!

I would rather be at home in A/C, with a 12 pack of Corona, in the front row seat that is my couch. If they want to play the blackout game I can just be a Canes fan, and Fins can kiss my a$$!!

If I lived in Miami, even on unemployment and going to school full time, I would find a way to make it to a game or two. I am a fanatic of the Miami Dolphins. It is my entertainment. The fact that the stadium is a sauna is more reason for me to get up off my *** and work off a few pounds while I enjoy my entertainment since that is part of the entertainment. In the words of NIck Saban, I dont want to hear any damn excuses!!!!

d-day said:
actually it carries over to the west coast too - i live in ft myers and would be part of the blackout as well... thank god for party buses - 50 good friends, all the beer we can drink, ride to and from and tickets to the game... all for the super low price of $55.00 :wink:
I'm doing my part to fight the balckout.....I bought 5 tickets to this game.....we'll be tailgating prior.....we'll probably be somewhere close to the busses.....stop by.....PM me for details if you're interested...

death7star said:
its a 75 mile radius for the blackout. west palm beach is affected and naples too i think. but not tampa
:yes:

Back
Top Bottom