Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Blackout Expected For Local Television/Question about blackout

Dolphin fans are pathetic...I remember one of their playoff games being blacked-out like 5 years ago. There is no reason why this game should be not sold out. New coach, new attitiude, new offense, new defense, season opener.

Lando's Folly said:
Take it easy on us local fans... I used to be a season ticket holder and even now I'll still go to 2-3 games a year. But, to be quite honest with you, I enjoy the game much more at home on TV. No sitting in traffic for 2 hours (or walking from Calder :( ). No heat stroke. No lines to go to the bathroom. No drunk a$$holes. You get to hear the announcers. You get instant replays (I love Tivo). You get multiple angles of each play. You get constant updates (very important for us fantasy football guys). Plus, afterwards you get to watch the 4 o'clock game. That's not taking into account the money you save (about $100 per person).

Quite frankly, the NFL blackout rules are outdated and stupid. The NFL makes most of it's money through television (they have the richest TV contract of all the major sports)... Not to mention most of South Florida's highest rated programs are Dolphins games.

I live in Fort Myers, about 130 miles from the stadium...I'm only 24 and I'm recently married (she's expensive ha ha)...that being said, I go to atleast a game a year. I don't have the funds nor the time to commit to season tickets, but my brother and I are considering it. I gotta say though...I agree with this guy. First off, I bleed Orange and Aqua and I have for years, but going to a game isn't as easy as hopping in the car and going to the game. Look at all the stuff this guy listed that you have to deal with. I think it's ridiculous that they still have blackouts. It's a stadium in the middle of poverty and at the tip of a freaking p enisula!!! :confused: It's not surrounded by people and money like Atlanta and Jacksonville. It's hot and it's hard to follow the action. It is fun to tailgate with other fans and all that, but if you are in section 432 row 30...that's not fun. I don't care who you are. Blackouts should be gone. They make a billion in TV contracts and it keeps on getting bigger.

OrangeCrush said:
Dolphin fans are pathetic...I remember one of their playoff games being blacked-out like 5 years ago. There is no reason why this game should be not sold out. New coach, new attitiude, new offense, new defense, season opener.

How often do you make it out to Denver?

SkapePhin said:
I dont have money to buy any decent tickets or Id go.. Will Sports Bars in the Fort Lauderdale area be able to broadcast the game?

Every seat in the house is fine enough to watch football in that stadium, IMO.

The game will sell out. Someone will come through. The Dolphins are still the big thing in Florida.

This has to be pretty embarrassing for you all i would imagine. The Broncos, at home, for the Home Opener. Yikes.

byroan said:
I'd be at every game too if I was in Miami. Most Miami fans don't live there. Miami is a very diverse city.

I'm positive that you have NO IDEA what the h311 your talking about, buddy. :shakeno: "Most miami fans dont live here??!" Where'd you get THAT crap from?? THis place is FULL of Dolphins Fans everywhere. I got my season tickets. I'll be there. Along with 70, 000 others just like me. Where'd would you suggest "most" miami fans live?? Carolina??:lol:

SabanSucks said:
This has to be pretty embarrassing for you all i would imagine. The Broncos, at home, for the Home Opener. Yikes.

a bills fan should never find solace in attendance. why? because it's Buffalo, ****ing, New York. Besides a hockey game (the Sabers :sleep: ) for a few people, what other means of entertainment do you have to spend your money on?

OrangeCrush said:
Atleast 1 game in Denver and if they play the TB or JaX or Miami then it will be more.

well, i guess i'll have to take your word for it on the 1 game in denver. :rolleyes:

bakedmatt said:
a bills fan should never find solace in attendance. why? because it's Buffalo, ****ing, New York. Besides a hockey game (the Sabers :sleep:) for a few people, what other means of entertainment do you have to spend your money on?

I hear shoveling snow and eating Buffalo Wings can be quite entertaining.....

BringBackShula said:
I'm positive that you have NO IDEA what the h311 your talking about, buddy. :shakeno: "Most miami fans dont live here??!" Where'd you get THAT crap from?? THis place is FULL of Dolphins Fans everywhere. I got my season tickets. I'll be there. Along with 70, 000 others just like me. Where'd would you suggest "most" miami fans live?? Carolina??:lol:

he's saying we have a lot of fans all over the country.

I think in the future, attendance will be down for every sports team. With all the new features pouring out with television, HD, Tivo, etc. People will start prefering to stay home instead of dealing with all the BS on game day, traffic, time, money, weather, etc.

Back
Top Bottom