Merged: Blackout Possible For Panthers Game/I'm tired of all these blackout threats!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nublar7, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

2. Buddwalk

Buddwalk The Jukebox Hero

Thanks again nub...eh not really good news but its news :D

3. John Biello

John Biello Perennial All-Pro

ill be there

4. Nublar7

Hence the reason no smiley news face was put up. :wink:

I just find it hard to believe that the games can't sell out for a team rich in tradition and a brand new coach. :shakeno:

5. Dolfan1000

Dolfan1000 Hall Of Famer

Does this impact me if I have the NY CBS affiliate and I am using NFL Sunday Ticket?

6. Nublar7

If you live in New York, you will be fine. The blackout would only happen in the South Florida area. Also, I could be wrong, but I believe FOX has the game this week.

7. so-long-Ricky

so-long-Ricky Seasoned Veteran

That's correct. Since the NFC team is visiting the AFC team FOX has the rights.....which is great for Directv owners because FOX always televise their games in HD :)

8. Dolfan1000

Dolfan1000 Hall Of Famer

No, not a South Floridian, so I should be fine.

Damn, I like CBS broadcasts much better then Fox.

9. Phinsdude

Phinsdude Pro Bowler

Once again, what great fans we have.

10. so-long-Ricky

But CBS only broadcasts a fraction of their games in HDTV while FOX does them all. I guess that wouldn't matter to someone that doesn't have HD access.....but if you do, it makes all the difference.

11. byroan

byroan A True Fan

Do you happen to know why CBS doesn't show all their games in HD?

12. so-long-Ricky

From what I understand they're basically dragging their *** on updating their equipment. Even in the area I live in, FOX, NBC, and even a public access channel transmits the HD signal while the CBS affiliate doesn't.

13. byroan

byroan A True Fan

That sucks for all us AFC fans.:(

14. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Alright, i'm tired of all these blackout threats.

I'm in South Florida and i've decided i'm gonna buy tickets tomarrow even though I can barely afford it and i'm probably gonna regret it afterwards when I look in my wallet.

I'm posting in hope that this will inspire other fans who aren't going in Florida to do the same. This is embarrasing. We have too great of a team to have trouble selling out.

15. BucFan

BucFan I Like Mahi Mahi

Wow.

The Bucs went 5-11 last season and still sold out every game the very day tickets went on sale.

And I though Tampa had bandwagoners...

16. John Biello

stubhub has freaking tickets for 20 plus shipping and handling cmon people

17. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan Pro Bowl

kudos to you for going out and doing something about it. Too many people ***** about it but don't do anything. Good to see you take a stand.

Hope others follow suit.

Personally, i pay 350 bucks a year for the Sunday Ticket w/Superfan. IMO, i am doing my part (as much as i can, geographically speaking), so i am here with you in spirit!

The problem is most Miami dolfans are spread out around the country (as this board will obviously attest to). When i lived in SoFla many moons ago, everyone i knew was a Jets or Bills fan.... they were all transplanted NY'ers. Which probably explains the lack of allegiance in SoFla of our "fans". the REAL dolfans are around the country.

18. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

You go boy! I now declare you a true blue Dolfan! :D

19. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Raymond James has about 10,000 less seats than Dolphins Stadium. Dolphins game needs to sell 6,000 to sellout.

20. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Thanks, I had moved to South Corolina but am back in Florida for.. well personal reasons, so I figured i'd use the money I really don't have and go, I just wish I could get people to follow. ;)

21. PressCoverage

PressCoverage A True Fan

again, it's hard to blame the fan base down here when 85-90% of the people who live here are from another region and grew up pulling for other teams...

also, i really believe this area never got over the Dan Marino hangover... when he retired, an already disinterested fan base (mostly because so many are from somewhere else) really fell off.... not surprising that that first year without Dan, we couldn't even sell out a playoff game... there were more blackouts early in 97 before JJ's defense really brought back some excitement for a little while... then things went south again until Ricky came to town...

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this team needs a franchise QB it can really get excited about, or attendence is going to continue to suffer... this region is just not sports strong enough (or native enough) to come to that stadium and sit in 95 degree weather when the Dolphins aren't winning... and winning with flair...

sad, but true...

22. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Very true. But what other choice do you have if they black it out. I'd rather go to the game and get LOUD than sit on my butt and risk not seeing the game at all, even if I don't got much money.

I'm sure there are more than enough dolfans in South Florida to sell out.

23. BucFan

BucFan I Like Mahi Mahi

And the Bucs still have over 80,000 on their season ticket waiting list...

24. PressCoverage

PressCoverage A True Fan

$25-30 to park is another serious turnoff...

on another issue, and i'm probably alone here, but i question the logic of the NFL's 72-hour rule.... why does it need 72 hours?... how long does it take before kickoff for the network to switch to another game when it sees the Dolphins don't sell out? they completely eliminate the lazy saturday for family to buy tickets? what's the point? seriously, someone out there who knows the answer, please inform me why the league needs 72 hours?

South florida is a very long and spread out metro area... from Melbourne to the keys, you could argue.... a lot of loyal fans can't get to the stadium for a variety of reasons... health, finances, distance, etc. ... i would imagine the NFL is trying to promote their sport, not turn people off by completely eliminating any chance of seeing their product...

25. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Well I guess I should envy the butt pirate fans huh? Can I ask you why you're here troll? Just to run off at the mouth I suppose. :shakeno:

26. PressCoverage

PressCoverage A True Fan

yes, but Tampa Bay-St. Pete is much more native than Southeast Florida... percentage-wise... i believe...

27. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

I too am tired of seeing these threads pop up every two minutes. The game won't be blacked out, just like the Broncos game someone will come through.

28. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

The Bucky's also recently won a SB. The fans barely showed up until they started having winning seasons. Let them have a couple more losing seasons, and you'll see the waiting list dwindle down to a waiting to see who buys them list.

So your answer would be, yes! TB bandwagons too.....

29. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

The games that are threatened to be blacked out need to be blacked out. That is the only way to rebuild a solid fanbase. By getting people off their lazy butts. They know that a TV station might buy them, so they wait and see. Especially after a loss, and apparently more so, after a losing season.

I want the game blacked out locally. If it affects some poor folk, so be it. They can wait until some of the people who can afford it start buying them up. I want the seats full, that's all I care about. People representing in person....

I was making minimum wage back when I was 15, and I still got tix, and took the freaking bus to the orange bowl.

30. catapano

catapano get out da way

i got my tickets :)

31. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan Pro Bowl

great point.

Green Bay, Atlanta, Indy.... these teams have great "franchise" Qb's and dont' seem to have problems selling out games

32. Maynard the Hammer

Maynard the Hammer you are the nail

two questions:

do you think a dome would improve attendance?

is part of the reason attendance is low because a good portion of fans live outside of the miami area?

33. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan Pro Bowl

well it is awfully hot and sitting out in the sun baking for four hours isn't my idea of a good time.... then again, i'm not in South Florida.

three ways to help:
    1) get a franchise QB
    2) win games
    3) get a dome (optional)

but the first two are required, for sure!

34. ether79

ether79 Down but not out!

I am fairly sure this was the first year that all Indy games have sold out without having the deadline suspended and some company buy in bulk and donating them. Last year the 3rd or 4th game of the season was blacked out and Indy has either the smallest stadium or close to it. Believe me even with a "Franchise QB" some teams have trouble selling out.

35. John Biello

some people dont have the dedication, it its very disapointing

36. Dolfan5000

Dolfan5000 Mark my words, I'll get mine

I would go if I didn't live in Richmond...

37. surrealo

surrealo Its Football time...screw baseball

Ozzy, I am with you on that one....Black Out the rest of the season and youll see how quickly next season will sell out...everyone needs to learn a lesson, and thats lesson is to stop relying on others to buy the tickets for you and support the team if your a real fan, and if not, get the Fu** off this board and dont comment on anything...I used to also take the bus from the golden glades interchange to save on parking, so if I could do it, anyone can and I used to be 15 as well...so i hope every game from here on out is blacked out so every lazy person in town can do something about it..

38. so-long-Ricky

It most certainly does! Hopefully by next season CBS will come to their senses and update the required equipment so it will no longer be an issue.

39. so-long-Ricky

Like some posters already mentioned, it is very important to support your team by purchasing tickets. It's obvious that everyone doesn't have the funds to go to see the Fins in action but if you do, you should definitely support your team @ least once a year.

Game tickets, refreshments, food, suites, parking, etc are the only funds that owners arnen't required to share. Last thing anyone wants is another city to offer up a new 700 million stadium with luxary guarntees for practically nothing. Keep in mind this is a business and if ticket sales continue to dwindle (very unlikely of course) no team is safe from re-location (except GB, local gov owns them I believe)

40. Spoon54

Spoon54 Active Member

wow and u guys have been raggin on Panther fans for not being good fans. I cant remember the last time we had a black out, its a rare thing and we have only been around for 10 years, we lack a lot of history and the time to build a GREAT fan base.

41. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Corporate Time-Stealin' Weasel

They do have bandwagon fans....and a stadium that seats 65,000 people. That is 10,000 LESS than Dolphins Stadium.

42. A Wing Pilot

A Wing Pilot Section:445 Row:19 Seat:1&2

<--- Steps up on soap box

I'm sick and tired of all of you telling us in south Florida how you all would go to the games. I'm sick of the assumptions that everyone has the time or money to go to the games. I'm sick of suggesting blackouts because not everyone is as "DIE HARD" as you. I'm really sick of the fact that you call us bad fans. I'm tired of the constant bashing of South Florida Fans and I'm tired of these stupid threads talking about this. And most of all I'm tired of my self responding to them. So lets touch all the bullet points

1. Its expensive and if I'm going to limit my games then bet your sweet behind I'm going to a good one like jets, bills, pats. Not Carolina.

2. Some people have other things to do outside of football.

3. The Carolina game with humidity will feel like its about 100-120 degrees, you go sit in that for 4 hours lemme know how excited you are.

4. So what if I want to sit home and watch it in HD on my couch in my underwear why do you get a pass and I a local don't?

5. Yes south Florida fans aren't NY fans. Yes I F$#%^ get it, get off my back about it. Your complaining to the people that go. If you want to ***** and moan about it, moan to those that don't go or don't want to (Which would not be the people on this board)

6. Blacking out the rest of the season is a HORRIBLE IDEA, way to stab the people that are on the fence in the back.. yeah that'll work. It reminds me of a slogan my friend had in his office " Beatings will continue until moral improves - The management" You NEVER EVER EVER Punish your fans if they come out or not.

7. People are @$$es at the stadium and tell me to sit down. Quit bitching and cheer. There's a time to stand and a time to sit and people will appreciate it.

8. Dolphin Stadium isn't loud. BS, that place was off the hook against the broncos and then i came home and watched the game on TV and could hear it as well.

9. Our fans leave early. EVERYONES FANS LEAVE EARLY have you people ever even been to a football game????

I am a season ticket holder. I go to every game. I stay till the clock reads 0:00 in the fourth quarter, I don't even leave my seat for half time. I stand up and cheer at the right time and the people around me do as well. We get loud, we cheer, we talk about how great this season is going to be, we tailgate, we attend. So for me to come here and have to constantly be berated from fans in Sheboygan wherever, is really starting to piss me off.

Remember the people who are so dedicated to a team that the post constantly on a web site is NOT the target audience that you need to yell at about attendance.
    <---- steps down from soap box

Thanks you and good night

43. DolfanLourdes

DolfanLourdes Well-Known Member

Damn that was pretty good. I am impressed!!! GOOD JOB- and I totally agree!

44. inFINSible

inFINSible Don't believe everything you think.

THANK YOU!!!!

45. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree with A Wing.. Anyway, I am going to this game.. I can only afford to go to 2 or 3 games a year..

46. FinFan013

FinFan013 72' FOREVER

What do you expect ....theres nothing to do in Tampa..i guess it easyto sell out games bc in the past were there even any BUCS fans??? you guys prolly didnt start selling game until that superbowl.....but hey it beats going to Devil rays games :lol:

47. Spegg

Spegg Section 429 Row 17

I am sick of all the excuses and complaining about the Fins being Blacked Out. If everyone would get off their cheap lazy a$$es and buy a ticket we wouldn't have this problem. And don't tell me that people are from other areas either. I have 13 season tickets under my name. Of the people who go to the games only 5 are really Fins fans. The other 8 go because it is a great time. They cheer for the Fins as long as we aren't playing their teams. But if I can get 8 people to go who aren't even really Fin fans then their is no reason that there should be so many seats left.
    So quit your bitchin and go buy a ticket. And if you don't live in S Fla., then don't worry about it.

48. Spegg

Spegg Section 429 Row 17

And I paid $300 for my season tickets including the parking pass. That is cheap man. C'mon people. Thats $30 bucks a game including preseason. We have so many cheap fans down here.

49. Hellion

Hellion She can rub my Baltars!

People in GB are just now getting their season tickets after being on the list for twenty years, that's way before Favre. As much as I hate the packers (and some fans) they don't belong on that list, they show up no matter what.

But that has a lot to due with it being the smallest market with no other major sports franchises to compete.

50. BE GOOD

BE GOOD Pick and choose Wayne...

Not this again