Merged:Boston going to be released/Boston fails physical--released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Boston going to be released/Boston fails physical--released

CashInFist said:
If this is true and we do release Boston...THANKS A LOT RICK SPIELMAN FOR WASTING YET ANOTHER DRAFT PICK! :fire:

especially in a draft where there will be gems galore in the 6th and 7th rounds

I'm a little upset too, but you certainly can't blame them for this move. At this point, he probably seemed like all downside with his recent new troubles off the field too. I know he could have done something for us, shame about that injury.

I do wish that he had a chance to produce before we cut him, but obviously he wasnt willing to take a pay cut. Kinda sad IMO

I wanted to see what a healthy Boston could do this year, but it makes sense to clear the cap space. Given his recent injury, and overall history, we might still see him back this year with a minimum contract and incentive bonus package. Maybe.

Linehan seems to prefer a 3 WR package, right? Chambers, Booker and Boston, with McMichael and one of the top HBs in the draft would make for a powerful offense.

So We Gave Away A Draft Pick For Exactly Nothing. Along With Paid Him Money For Exactly Nothing? That's A Bad Idea.

maybe we released him for the room for carter but will resign him later - i don't know - my biggest fear is that he gets his act together and has a monster year for another team - oh well as long as it's not in the east

If he didnt want to help this team by taking a paycut, then i say dont let the door hit you Boston. I am glad he is gone cause he is a cancer.

From Miami Dolphins Home Page

The Miami Dolphins today signed two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Kevin Carter to a five-year contract. Carter, a first-round draft choice of the St. Louis Rams in 1995 (6th overall), is a 10-year NFL veteran who spent the last four years with Tennessee. He was released by the Titans on February 22. Also on Monday, the team terminated the contract of wide receiver David Boston (failed physical). :shakeno:

Dolphins.com now has an article up about both the Carter signing and the Boston release.

PhinDude88 said:
If he didnt want to help this team by taking a paycut, then i say dont let the door hit you Boston. I am glad he is gone cause he is a cancer.
and he's really bad luck too....just look at the records of the teams he's been on the last three or four years ....

I, too, was looking forward to seeing Boston produce for Miami. I thought he'd made real strides. That said, thgink of it this way: we're cutting someone who was injury plagued over a five-ear career to make space for someone whose never missed a game in a career twice as long.

Damn, I really wish this team had a RB in place so we could snatch Braylon Edwards at #2.

Maybe we can find a way to acquire Michael Bennett for a mid-rounder or something, because I highly doubt we can get Edge without giving up that #2, which would be a killer.

I honestly don't see why we can't give Plaxico Burress a visit. As previously reported, the Vikings say they aren't interested and they're trying to net Rod Gardner.

Back
Top Bottom