Merged: Brandon Marshall = Team Player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brandon Marshall = Team Player

It is good to see but lets see how he acts if we start losing some games. I love the pick up but its a roll of the dice, one I am definitely willing to take.

This has been surprising to see him acting as mature as he has. Hopefully he will keep it up and make this a great offense.

He's gonna be a star in Miami. I heard an interview last year and thought why all the bad rap for brandon marshall.

we'll see how it plays out but i would take marshall all day over dez bryant.

I don't know why people are surprised. Yes he had a problem with Denver, but we took care of that with a new contract. This kid is not the second coming of T.O.!

I really hope he has changed and it isn't just the calm after a new contract.

I don't know why people are surprised. Yes he had a problem with Denver, but we took care of that with a new contract. This kid is not the second coming of T.O.!
I am not surprised. I am pleased. IMO the issue was not the contract, but how he responded to trying to handle the contract. Holding out and then being disruptive when attending training camp last year is cause for concern. Character traits / behavioral problems come out in stressful situations. If a player is emotionally immature then disruptive behavior will generally occur in various stressful contexts. Instead of it being not satisfied with his contract it may be losing ball games, or feeling disrespected by teammates or coaches, or not feeling approved by fans, or...etc...

Right now Brandon is satisfied getting a new contract and being a part of a new team. Brandon is going through a honeymoon period. It is easy to be a good guy during the honeymoon period. However, healthy behavior over a long period of time and through stressful situations will be the true test.

People lets not anoint him a changed person quite yet. Bringing him on was a risk, one that I was absolutely willing and eager to take, but the risk was NOT how he got along with team mates. While it's true he showed his tail a little over the contract issue, the red flag went up over the article of girlfriend abuse. This happened not once but mutiple times. This is not something that is easily changed. Don't come up and tell me that a new contract, or talk with Parcells, or new enviroment is going to change that, it isn't.

People who have this issue have lots of work to do, and it isn't easy to change, maybe impossible. He's a ticking time bomb off the field in his personal life. Some of the nicest people in the world can turn into monsters when it comes to the emotions of arguing with their girlfriends. Alot of us know people like that, my best friend on the planet is like that, and it makes my skin crawl sometimes, but it is what it is. But with Brandon being in the media spotlight it has the potential to go from paradise to disaster in the blink of the eye, when we least expect. Again, I think it was worth the risk, but make no mistake, it was a risk and still is, no matter how he treats his teammates.

Brandon has the ability to MAKE our season, but he also has the ability to make us a very bad team. Just look what effect the Ricky situation had on the team. If Brandon does emplode, we won't see 8-8 this year. He stays on track we have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Don't think because you don't feel the ground rumbling that he isn't a volcano. We just happen to have no choice but to live in the shadow of that volcano. Let's just pray he doesn't erupt.

You make a very good point, but keep in mind the Denver coach made Jay Cutler so angry that he refused to play for him and demanded a trade. So that's why I tend to believe that Brandon had a little help with his bad attitude towards the Bronco's. He's not the cancer that T.O. is.

You make a very good point, but keep in mind the Denver coach made Jay Cutler so angry that he refused to play for him and demanded a trade. So that's why I tend to believe that Brandon had a little help with his bad attitude towards the Bronco's. He's not the cancer that T.O. is.

The guy went to training camp and refused to catch balls, instead he batted them down.

I'm a huge Marshall fan but there is no excuse for that what so ever.

I hope Brandon Marshall goes down as the best WR in Miami Dolphins history

The guy went to training camp and refused to catch balls, instead he batted them down.

I'm a huge Marshall fan but there is no excuse for that what so ever.

Marshall's past is well documentated and his reputation is deserving. Training camp he acted out of line and he was suspended by the team for it, even going into the first week of the season against the Bengals he was listed and used as a back up. His history with his ex-girlfriend is also very well known and he lost out on potential contracts before we offered him one because of the problems.

That being said, i think its important to note the man came out and admitted his behavior was selfish and he will handle himself differently after the training camp incident...and since then he has kept himself out of trouble. He won back over the Denver coaching staff(not an easy thing due to McDaniels being a egotist) and was a great teamate during the season, with the exception of being one of a handful late to a meeting and benched the last game of the season(ala: Bill Belicheat style with Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, etc), after which he didn't run to the press or even complain(Porter/Taylor).

I'm willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt until/if he screws up. He hasn't acted like Pacman, saying multiple times it wont happen again only to have it happen, and so far he has been working hard to keep himself clean. If this isn't just the honeymoon stage and he continues to be true to his word about making better decisions, he will be a great teamate. If this is the honeymoon stage and he is caught slapping his wife around south beach, we will cut him and move on(contract does have clauses in it). The front office has done a good job cleaning out potentially bad influences, so that is another thing going for Marshall to cling to.

Back
Top Bottom