Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

I watched the game today. The first I saw of Croyle. I thought he was ok. Nothing great. I know Alabama doesn't have a very "high powered" offense. Ideally it would be alot easier to judge him in a different offense (one that tries to score more). Could be a good project. Interesting... I decided to pull up Tom Brady's Sr. year stats to compare to Croyle. Pretty similar... the big difference is the yards/completion. Brady was obviously throwing downfield more... Brady was a 6th round pick in 2000

year comp att yards comp% yds/comp long TD Int rating
Croyle 2005 183 308 2224 59.4 7.22 87 13 4 131.40
Brady 1999 214 341 2586 62.8 12.1 57 20 6

Jaj said:
Are you a complete and utter idiot? I'm sorry if that's breaking the TOS or whatever but that's just completely stupid logic. Completely...

Do you have any idea what just said?

That a 60% accuracy percentage doesn't make a difference over 53%?

That's the difference between a starting QB in the NFL and a BUST :sidelol:

Hey Our QBs avererage around 54%, are thet busts? Several NFL teams have completion % below 58% some as low as 52% including a Division winner (Bears)

But blinded by your empty need to support your own point of view, you misinterpited what I said.

I said (in layman and using small words for those who have a little trouble keeping up) That with the # of passing attempts during our season (556) the difference between 53% pass completions and 60% on a per game basis is about 1.5 completions a game.

So, before you insult me again, read all the words and numbers carefully (and slow...). Add the figures up yourself if you like, there is a calculator on your computer to assist you with all those big bad numbers. :eek:

:lol: I did them the same time. Change yours to mine, to include the ball game if you want to be up to date though.

CashInFist said:
How many more games would the 1-2 completions set up the score we needed to win the game? That would be 24 more completions a year. You think we may be able to pull out 2-3 more wins with the extra completions? Yeah, I do too.

EDIT: Actually, if we really do attempt 35 passes a game it is 1.74 completions better with a 6.6% increase in accuracy. that would equal 27.84 extra completions per season.

I did round a little to speed up the process... Sorry ;)

I'm just not totally sold on old Croyle just yet. I think he should have done a little better in the college ranks. Im just sick of seeing poor QB play destroy our playoff chances....

Roman529 said:
He reminds me a little of Testeverde and Bledsoe, tall and strong arm...not the biggest build but he seems to be able to make the deep throws and touch passes. I have not seen him enough to really like him but I would take Cutler befire Croyle.

Neither Vinny or Bledsoe were that skinny in college...this kid would be down for the count after a big hit from Ray Lewis !

Phinja said:
Hey Our QBs avererage around 54%, are thet busts? Several NFL teams have completion % below 58% some as low as 52% including a Division winner (Bears)

But blinded by your empty need to support your own point of view, you misinterpited what I said.

I said (in layman and using small words for those who have a little trouble keeping up) That with the # of passing attempts during our season (556) the difference between 53% pass completions and 60% on a per game basis is about 1.5 completions a game.

So, before you insult me again, read all the words and numbers carefully (and slow...). Add the figures up yourself if you like, there is a calculator on your computer to assist you with all those big bad numbers. :eek:

Are you actually going to try and say that the Bears' passing game under Orton was a STRENGTH for that team? I find it ironic that you accused Jaj of being "blinded by [his] empty need to support [his] own point of view"

Yeesh. A little perspective, please.

Phinja said:
I'm just not totally sold on old Croyle just yet. I think he should have done a little better in the college ranks. Im just sick of seeing poor QB play destroy our playoff chances....

The reason I like him is because:

A.) He is a good passer.

B.) He was undefeated last season before he got injured and the team was pathetic the rest of the year.

C.) Alabama still had a great season with an overachieving team with Croyle at the helm with very little talent on offense.

D.) Mike Shula has been coaching him.

E.) I think we can get him in the 3rd round.

CashInFist said:
The reason I like him is because:

A.) He is a good passer.

B.) He was undefeated last season before he got injured and the team was pathetic the rest of the year.

C.) Alabama still had a great season with an overachieving team with Croyle at the helm with very little talent on offense.

D.) Mike Shula has been coaching him.

E.) I think we can get him in the 3rd round.

I think Mike Shula's opinion on him will be a controlling factor in this. If he says that he calls games the way he does because he doesn't trust Croyle, then he might be a guy you stay away from.

ckparrothead said:
I think Mike Shula's opinion on him will be a controlling factor in this. If he says that he calls games the way he does because he doesn't trust Croyle, then he might be a guy you stay away from.

I totally agree. Mike Shula's opinion on Brodie Croyle will be gospel to Nick Saban. Do you really think Shula would have anything bad to say about him? If so, what could possibly be a red flag aside from his injuries?

May I ask why in the world the wrong threads always get moved?

This has to do directly with Miami just like all the other million threads for the off-season...

Jaj said:

This has to do directly with Miami just like all the other million threads for the off-season...

This isn't the first time. I'm not sure I understand this neurotic "I don't like my food touching each other" stuff, but clearly some attention needs to be paid to the QUALITY of the thread.

The mods are turning the main forum into a freaking food fight of idiocy. Watering down the quality of the forums. Maybe its their way of forcing veterans to donate to FH and become members of the VIP forums? I dunno.

Jaj said:

Totally agree. I thought we were talking about Brodie Croyle being drafted by the Miami Dolphins.

Frankly I think it's rude and it destroy whatever opinions are yet to be shared. The sheer amount of people that look at the draft forum as compared to the main forum are FAR LESS...

Back
Top Bottom