Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Henne says Tebow is not a NFL quarterback

I saw and it looks weird, almost mechanical. Guys Henne could have just hurt Tebows draft stock a bunch. Remember Henne's QB Coach is the one working with Tebow. Was that done intentional. Can the Dolphins be thinking of moving Thigpen only to draft Tebow. The beauty of the NFL Draft.

Just had to stir the pot.

Henne should shut his piehole...He's proved NOTHING yet. I'm not sure Thigpen isn't better than him. I sure like how Tyler took control of the offense with very little time in the system after Henne went down. He also gave us a tough time when KC played us a couple seasons ago. So Chad should just bite his tongue, and get nose back into the playbook.

tebow didnt play position that in college... in 4 yrs..... why would he switch? he wants to to play QB and was very successful in college at it...

If Pat white can take snaps under center ---why cant Tebow.... maybe he will never a superstar... maybe a career backup... he'll be drafted in the middle rounds.. and maybe in the right system..right coaching.. he;ll be successful....

Because he ultimately didnt play the position well enough to have even a chance in the NFL. He spent the last few weeks trying to correct fundamental problems with his passing(something a QB has to do from time to time), and struggled.
I'll take Henne any day of the week, even if he was currently a rookie looking to be drafted, over Tebow. Completely overhyped and overrated. Henne is 7-6 against pro's...while Tebow fell apart against Tennessee(and Bama, but Tennessee was more pronounced).

Wow. Chad Henne drops the bomb. That was uncalled for. Holmgren, Tomlin, Spielman, are scouting the guy, and Chad Henne just disses all that. They are wasting their time. Wow! At least we know that Chad likes to tell it like it is, and has strong opinions.

Henne should shut his piehole...He's proved NOTHING yet. I'm not sure Thigpen isn't better than him. I sure like how Tyler took control of the offense with very little time in the system after Henne went down. He also gave us a tough time when KC played us a couple seasons ago. So Chad should just bite his tongue, and get nose back into the playbook.

Actually he's proved he can be an NFL starting QB. Winning 7 games, throwing for almost 2,900 yards and completing 60% of his passes. Pretty damn impressive considering he was thrust into the starting spot in week 3.

Dude, I want Henne to have the type of ****iness. It is what makes a guy like Brady or Manning so good.

Ehhh, I don't think that it's the ****iness that make Brady or Manning good. :ponder: Actually, I consider Manning and Brady among the classiest, most respectful players in the NFL.

Henne has proven that he can start in this league and I lobe the guy but this answer may have been a little too ... brash? :crazy:

Actually he's proved he can be an NFL starting QB. Winning 7 games, throwing for almost 2,900 yards and completing 60% of his passes. Pretty damn impressive considering he was thrust into the starting spot in week 3.

That don't mean ****.....look at Rick Mirer's rookie year....Henne hasn't proven anything beyond exactly what he's proven thusfar.....which isn't much....long ways to go yet...

I think the point is still being missed here.....this isn't a Henne vs. Tebow issue.....if this is in fact his true opinion and not smoke (which I think it is).....I agree with him....

...the point is that no QB in this draft has had a chance to prove whether or not they're an NFL quarterback yet...

...that's just like Manning, or Brady, or Brees saying this about Chad Henne...

Tebow is a project. I always felt he wasn't a quarterback but watching the short clips of him on the pro day, pretty impressive how much better his release is after working on it for just 5-6 weeks or so? I don't know, in the right system, give him 2-3 years behind an established quarterback (perhaps Seattle behind Hasselback?), and Tebow could probably make it in this league as a quarterback. He certainly can't start right away or even the next year. He would need to get the Aaron Rodgers treatment.

Wow, it isn't a referendum on Tebow's attributes or potential.

As an NFL QB you just don't say things like that.

It is arrogant,presumptuous, and really immature. It's like something Rex Ryan would do.

Very disappointing. I think Chad will be hearing about this one for a long time.

i would have said: "He has a long way to go to become an NFL QB." and would have left it at that

Or...

He obviously brings a great deal to the table for any team, however there are aspects of his game that are going to require a great deal of work to play QB for an NFL team.

I just think he kinda was a little more blunt than he should've been.

Just stopped by to see what you guys had to say about it. It kind of surprised me too...I assumed it was like a fraternity with these guys. I cant figure out why anyone would say that about a kid trying to get his shot in the NFL. Its not like Miami has been rumored to be drafting him and he would compete for Henne's job.

I just thought it was kind of a low blow and its not me just crapping on the Dolphins QB, if Sanchez said it I would feel the same way.

Who knows though...Did anyone hear the interview? Maybe it was taken out of context.

Back
Top Bottom