Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
burger13 said:
All you people who seem to think that he will tear the team apart, I have 2 questions:

1) When the Vikings were trying to address team chemistry, was it Culpepper they traded, or a different guy???

2) If he was such a bad teammate, why was he invited to the boat party?? I don't know about you, but when someone isn't liked at my work, they don't get invited on our sexcapades. :wink:
1. Obviously the problem hasn't abated because now the Vikes ARE shopping Culpepper. 2. The other players still want the ball, and with Culpepper's large salary they probably figured he could help finance the cruise or be good business for the ladies of the night :wink:

And why are people against trading for this:

548 att 379 comp 69.2% 4717 yards 8.61 ypa 39 td 11 int 110.9 rating

because of 6 bad games last year (really only 2 VERY bad games...but I'm not gonna break down his whole season again). He had a 96 rating in 2003 as well!!

the guy put up more yards in 2004 than Marino did in 1984......I just don't see how anyone could not want him???

All reports point toward Miami making first trade offer

"The NFL Network reported a deal to trade Culpepper on Friday was in place but the franchise where he would be headed wasn't identified. Oakland isn't one of those teams, the Network reported, but the Raiders were mulling whether to match or better the offer.

ESPN reported that the Vikings are seeking to trade Culpepper within the next 24 hours with the Dolphins and Raiders considered the frontrunners."

Link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-daunte030906,0,4617698.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

If we do get culpepper, we better make damn sure we draft a QB in the draft as well, Culpepper is 29 and "if" his leg heals perfectly, he still only has 3-4 godo years left, while brees would have almost double that "if" his shoulder heals.

TarHeelFinFan said:
What baggage? Sex cruises, sideline brawls with teammates, etc. Yeah, what baggage? The guy will do nothing but tear this team apart.

Tear the team apart??? He never did this in Minnesota. Randy Moss was the reason for the sideline arguments (brawls?), and so what if he let a naked girl dance up on him. Honestly, where's the crime in that??? :lol: THEY WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF LAKE MICHIGAN!!! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT HE WOULD GET CAUGHT RECEVING A LAP DANCE??? If we end up getting Pep., then Saban and his staff have obviously seen enough to be convinced that this guy can comeback and play on a high level. Either that, or they noticed something about Brees' condition that made them make moves for Daunte.

Ark139954 said:
culpepper is going to suck. he is not a good qb. i hate how he plays the position
And you base that on? The guy had one of the best seasons in history, and because he had a bad 4 or 5 game stetch he is somehow horrible? I gotcha.

Milkmoney21 said:
Ferrotte was a prowbowler quarterback and he didnt get us to even the wild card so if we get either cullpepper or brees we still need help in other positions like a corner or saftie.
Huh? What? When was this?

dolphinman23 said:
If we do get culpepper, we better make damn sure we draft a QB in the draft as well, Culpepper is 29 and "if" his leg heals perfectly, he still only has 3-4 godo years left, while brees would have almost double that "if" his shoulder heals.
If he is 29, he has 5 good years left.

PhinsRDbest said:
*He is 29
*He averages about an INT a game
*His mobility may be gone with the Knee injury
*Sexboat
*Big Contract
*Fumbles alot
*Played in weak NFC so his stats are balloned.

Are you saying 29 is old for a qb? If so, we better get the wheelchair out for Manning who is going to be 30 in 2 weeks.

I didnt know you throw the ball with your leg?

girthvader44 said:
Personally I dont really care, both are FAR better than ANYTHING we have seen for the past 8 years.

Brees/Pepper I will take either.

Problem with Pepper - we give up picks (and bad knee I know)
Problem with Brees - its his throwing arm that is being completely repaired (ahead of schedule I know)

Whatever, I will take either one all day every day, and twice on Sunday

-GV
i think thowring arm is FAR worse then knees! look at marino

tylerdolphin said:
And you base that on? The guy had one of the best seasons in history, and because he had a bad 4 or 5 game stetch he is somehow horrible? I gotcha.
That year the NFC was so weak it was rediculous.

Back
Top Bottom