Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree with Hostile17.

35 years worth of being a Dolphin fan hangs in the balance for me right now.

I cannot believe Saban would do something so stupid as trade for a damaged palyer with personal issues and an attitude problem when he has a potential Super Bowl multiple winner waiting in the wings in San Diego ready to get here Saturday morning.

I want no part of any slash-style vick wannabe QB in any way, shape or form and I will WALK if Saban is stupid enough to do this. I have held with the Dolphins through all the outrages of jj and wannabe but nothing they ever did would equate with this.

From the highest of heights to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours. I dreamed of Super Bowls again. I hope with all I have this is not true.

true.....good point, if not he wouldnt have been on the boat!!!!

by the way, i am happy if we get brees or culpepper (both are great QB'S), both scare me, injury wise, culpepper could become as mobile as well...marino(not insulting the great one but my grandma could beat marino in a sprint) and brees ( chad pennigton ring a bell) either way since we wont be able2 get cutler...IT IS ARISK WE MUST TAKE..... cus i would jump up 4 joy just to say the phins have a STARTING QB for once since 99 and not a backup which we made starters............

All reports point toward Miami making first trade offer

"The NFL Network reported a deal to trade Culpepper on Friday was in place but the franchise where he would be headed wasn't identified. Oakland isn't one of those teams, the Network reported, but the Raiders were mulling whether to match or better the offer.

ESPN reported that the Vikings are seeking to trade Culpepper within the next 24 hours with the Dolphins and Raiders considered the frontrunners."

Link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front

Bonedoc7777 said:
it is the knee vs the shoulder

I would rather deal w/ the knee especially when the shoulder belongs to a soft-tossing QB.

As much as I would like to have a quarterback named Brees in Miami, I cant complain about getting Culpepper. The guy is a huge and dominating presence with a good arm. I do however feel bad for Ferrott losing his job to the same guy again.

Culpepper's not coming here.

It has to be Arizona.

His old coach (whom he thrived under) is there, the Cards have a ton of money to spend and a phenominal receiving corps, and are letting McCown go. That just leaves Warner, and there's no way they go into camp with just him.

No way Saban takes on that huge contract and a chance of him missing the 1st half of the season.

The Cards are a prime spot for Daunte. Hopefully that overrides his thoughts of coming home to Florida.

FemaleFinFan said:
I never said we're getting both, I was asking if it was mathematically possible. Learn to read.

its mathematically possible we could have the top 53 superstars in the NFL if they all played for something around the minimum and were cut. hell, it's possible we could resign reggie howard and flip him to houston for the #1 overall pick.

i'm all for speculating, and hoping, and predicting, but even the notion of the potential to acquire 2 of the top 8 qb's in the NFL is ludacris. it makes no sense for them as players or us financially.

Would it even be worth entertaining the idea of something like Seattle who just resigned alexander to get Edge because they have the space? why even consider that when it makes about as much financial sense as signing my dead grandmother to handle the kickoff duties next year even if she agreed to play for the minimum.

tylerdolphin said:
And you base that on? The guy had one of the best seasons in history, and because he had a bad 4 or 5 game stetch he is somehow horrible? I gotcha.

Daunte Culpepper is Overrated Fan Club
Career Fumbles 81 Career Interceptions 86 in 80 games
Career winning percentage .500
the best WR in football and Chris Carter
with a great Oline
Culpeppers backup stats
Todd Bouman 98.3 QB Rtg. 8 TD 4 INT
Gus Frerotte 118.1 QB Rtg. 7 TD 2 INT
Brad Johnson 88.9 QB Rtg. 12 TD 4 INT

that's how

TarHeelFinFan said:
1. Obviously the problem hasn't abated because now the Vikes ARE shopping Culpepper. 2. The other players still want the ball, and with Culpepper's large salary they probably figured he could help finance the cruise or be good business for the ladies of the night :wink:

ok, but he is hardly the first player to get himself traded due to personality conflicts, and will hardly be the last........he is still a far cry from a cancer like T.O. (but has just as much talent).

his team was sucking, he was sucking and he decided it was time to party

not a guy to lead my team

Just saw on ESPNEWS....

Culpepper close to being traded, anybody have any insight?? Is it us?

A lot of people have questioned why San Diego would allow Brees to become a free agent even though they have a significant backup plan in place named Phillip Rivers and signing Brees would likely cost San Diego the franchise tag. Well I have this question, if Culpepper is so great then why is Minnesota actively trying to get rid of him? Not to mention their highly rumored replacement for him is friggin' Aaron Brooks?!?!?!?!

i would much rather have Culpepper. He will be much cheaper than Brees and i would rather have a QB with a knee injury than a throwing shoulder injury. We've seen how shoulder injury can be devastating to a creer i.e. Chad Pennington, not to say a knee injury cant be. im just saying id rather gamble on the knee than shoulder

Back
Top Bottom