Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
FemaleFinFan said:
That would be decent, but with his pending suspension, I don't think the Vikes will go for it.
You cant trade aplayer that is in suspenion or the apeal process

dolphingator said:
I have been a fan of this team since before some of your parents were in the first grade. I am hardly a fair-weather bandwagon fan.

I can't bear to see this team be destroyed by going in the wrong direction at QB after all this team has been through. Just when there was hope.

Get Brees. Stay away from slash wannabe QBs who will never win anything.

I'd rather keep Gus than sell out to the slash QB craze.
Why do you hate the guy with such a passion? I wanna know.

The only reason that i'd rather have Brees than Culpepper is that Brees is a FA and we don't have to give up ANY compensation whereas with Culpepper we probably give up a 2nd. I understand that we can't bank on Brees coming here and pass up on Culpepper only to be left high and dry without either, but if given my choice of scenario I'll keep the 2nd and sign Brees. Any thoughts?

dolphingator said:
The Rams HAVE to do this.

This franchise had too much hope to fall into the trap of giving up draft picks and big money for a guy who is on the way down, who has big-time character issues and is a destroyer of team chemistry, who tries to get his way by sending e-mails to the media and strongarming the organization.

I am hoping against hope that Saban could not be so stupid. I really WANT to believe in him, I supported him coming here to the utmost degree... but if he does this I will walk away from a team I loved for so long because I cannot tolerate the idea of ruining it with a slash QB. That has NEVER won in this league, and NEVER will.

Don't do it, Saban. Too many Dolphin fans are wanting to trust you. Don't let us down this way and sell out to the fad QB craze instead of getting us a REAL leader like a Brees.

I'd much rather have Brees to but that's about where we stop agreeing with each other on this one. IMO, your post is filled with lunacy man.

I don't see Culpepper as a guy with character issues at all.
The love boat thing..... come on! I hope you came to this conclusion based on something solid.

Culpepper has never been and still isn't a "slash QB".
Culpepper is a passer that will run after making progressions to other receivers unlike a true "slash QB" IMO.

You don't leave your team alliance dude.
If your a real fan you would'nt be able to.
I couldn't stand having Jay Fiedler as our QB. I mean it sickened me that we settled for what I felt was a sub par player year after year. I did'nt stop going to games and being a fan though.

I only see us trading for Culpepper if there's something about Brees' health the Phins didn't like during his visit.
No other reason would make any sense to me.
You have a chance to get a Pro Bowl QB for nothing, you don't go trade draft picks away for someone else.

AlanSaysYo said:
He's a headcase because he fired his agent and hired some crazy spiritual counselor.

I have a blue car. Does that make me a headcase too?

Just like a previous post said, you guys will never be happy no matter who we get. Suck it up and stop whining. I will support any QB that the dolphins want to bring in, let them make the decisions and the only decision you have to make is, if you want to be a fan.

For once I hope a Raider fan gets what he wants.

Reunite those 2 and let them do what they want, we'll take Brees and win Super Bowls.

hann80 said:
Just like a previous post said, you guys will never be happy no matter who we get. Suck it up and stop whining. I will support any QB that the dolphins want to bring in, let them make the decisions and the only decision you have to make is, if you want to be a fan.

i agree with this. i am not so sure sometimes that i have a choice about being a fan, though. i couldn't ignore the phins if i tried...

LAphinfan said:
The only reason that i'd rather have Brees than Culpepper is that Brees is a FA and we don't have to give up ANY compensation whereas with Culpepper we probably give up a 2nd. I understand that we can't bank on Brees coming here and pass up on Culpepper only to be left high and dry without either, but if given my choice of scenario I'll keep the 2nd and sign Brees. Any thoughts?

This is exactly what I am thinking, we are already out a 5th and 6rd pick this year, and we do have 3 7th's but we cant be giving away a 2nd rounder for this guy. I am not sure about the extent of his injury, but the team could really use a 2nd rounder to help out the secondary / OL...

just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom