Merged: Darnell Bing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Darnell Bing

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Darnell Bing

Is he going to be available @ 15?

If so, why don't we take him?

He's definitely a blue chip at his position (6'2 220), and I just feel that taking a guarantee at that spot is safer than a risk (Jay Cutler?? Arm Strength???)

I don't know. I'm all about a logical fusion of "Best Available Player" and "Need".

Its starting to look like he'll be there at that spot. He's got serious size and speed and we need speed in that position.

Any thoughts?

(Also realistic there following the same mentality would be, I feel, Chad Greenway, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeil, Laron Landry)

I like his size, but I don't like him so much in coverage. He's your prototype for an "in the box" safety. LaRon Landry is much better in coverage though, and while Bing is a hitter, I'd say Landry is the better tackler.

I love him. Moreover most mock drafts I have seen dont even have him taken in the 1st round. The S from LSU may also be drafted 1st. Having said that my dream draft would go 1) Cutker and 2) Bing

I think he will definitely be available at 15. I'd rather go with Huff if available there or Landry. All three are good options though.

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
maybe rnd 1 bing

rnd 2 landry. lol. we wouldnt doit but itd definately be interesting

Landry is a top 25 pick, he will probably go higher than Bing.

i say we wait on the position and go anthonysmith from syracuse is tied for 2nd in the nation in ints and 3rd on his tm in tackling and watching him play hes a big hitter check out some film on him if u can ull see hes a late rd guy

yup. landry then bing i say. huff before all tho most likely. give me landry and im in love! give me cutler and im a happy man. give me cutler and bing in rd 2 then im jumping wiht joy!

KB21 said:
I like his size, but I don't like him so much in coverage. He's your prototype for an "in the box" safety. LaRon Landry is much better in coverage though, and while Bing is a hitter, I'd say Landry is the better tackler.

That's a good assessment of Bing. As a fan it's hard to know the intangibles between Landry and Bing, other than one being strong and the other being a free safety. I thought I heard somewhere that Landry was one of Sabans favorite players as far as natural football insticts.

MonkeyDog said:
That's a good assessment of Bing. As a fan it's hard to know the intangibles between Landry and Bing, other than one being strong and the other being a free safety. I thought I heard somewhere that Landry was one of Sabans favorite players as far as natural football insticts.

I believe the statement by Saban about Landry was that he was one of the best leaders that Saban has ever had on D. Great leadership, great instincts.

Landry's got a bit of a Darren Sharper thing going for him. Bing has a bit of a Blaine Bishop thing going on for him.

ckparrothead said:
Landry's got a bit of a Darren Sharper thing going for him. Bing has a bit of a Blaine Bishop thing going on for him.

Thats a good postion to be in..choose between a Sharper type or Bishop type. Dare I say that if Saban didn't know Landry so well that he might go for the Bishop type?

I don't know how well he's recovering from the hip injury, but we can get Jason Allen in the 2nd, maybe even in the 3rd (not likely) if he really falls. I think he could be just as good at safety as anyone we can get in teh 1st round (assuming he recovers 100%).

Back
Top Bottom