Merged: Darnell Bing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Darnell Bing

ether79 said:
Thats a good postion to be in..choose between a Sharper type or Bishop type. Dare I say that if Saban didn't know Landry so well that he might go for the Bishop type?

Maybe. I think we need a bit more of the sticky-hands thing in our secondary at the moment...and some more leadership back there. Considering all the sacks we have it's a little alarming how few interceptions we have.

But otherwise I see your point. Saban seems like he'd like a Blaine Bishop type even though he doesn't really run the 46 defense.

ckparrothead said:
Maybe. I think we need a bit more of the sticky-hands thing in our secondary at the moment...and some more leadership back there. Considering all the sacks we have it's a little alarming how few interceptions we have.

But otherwise I see your point. Saban seems like he'd like a Blaine Bishop type even though he doesn't really run the 46 defense.

exactly. with all that presuse u'd expect bad passes or the CB/S being in position to INT the pass but it is no where near the case. i htink its jsut a lack of talent in the secondary. just horrible coverage skills. we need some fresh ones out there.

BTW, NO WILL ALLEN PLEASE. i read articles on him and he is apparently the reggie howard of the giants.

Will Allen couldn't catch a cold if he were soaking wet in a high wind. That's the opposite of what we want to add to the secondary at the moment.

ckparrothead said:

Yeah you're probably right. I personally would rather have Landry over the other two. Especially considering the success that Daniels has had coming into a system he knows. I really don't think it would be that much of a reach at 15 either, with the knowledge Landry has.

ether79 said:
Yeah you're probably right. I personally would rather have Landry over the other two. Especially considering the success that Daniels has had coming into a system he knows. I really don't think it would be that much of a reach at 15 either, with the knowledge Landry has.

Yeah I mean unless this season under Les Miles screwed him up any, the guy should be able to start Day 1 just like Daniels did. It would be a big boost for this team.

dominizzo said:
LAron Landry or Mike Huff

TOUGH choice man. Huff could be a corner or a strong safety and I like that versatility. Landry just would be a safety. Maybe Landry just because of the experience and Saban knows what a leader he is out on the field.

I'm saying Bing because Huff and Landry should be the first DBs taken, with Jimmy Williams thrown in there.

Also, Bing is an underclassmen.

I'm a big Bing fan. I think he would fit this defense perfectly. The second coming of Troy Polemalue

saves said:
I'm a big Bing fan. I think he would fit this defense perfectly. The second coming of Troy Polemalue

ill take it in a heart beat. troy is a tackling disturbing the plays whore. he is like ZT on every paly

South Florida said:
I'm saying Bing because Huff and Landry should be the first DBs taken, with Jimmy Williams thrown in there.

Also, Bing is an underclassmen.

I don't see how Landry could possibly end up being taken in the first 14 picks of the draft.

Even excluding Vince Young you've got...

Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Mario Williams, Jimmy Williams, AJ Hawk, DeAngelo Williams, Mathias Kiwanuku, Haloti Ngata, Demeco Ryans, Chad Greenway, and Michael Huff all having to go ahead of Landry, and then on top of that you might have Vince Young in there or Jay Cutler, and you might have another OT go that high too (Winston Justice?)...possibly a WR.

There's just too many guys who obviously are above Landry to end up having Landry taken in the 1-14 area.

KB21 said:
I like his size, but I don't like him so much in coverage. He's your prototype for an "in the box" safety. LaRon Landry is much better in coverage though, and while Bing is a hitter, I'd say Landry is the better tackler.

Landry is the best Free Safety in this upcoming draft class. He can cover, and tackles well. His frame could be a problem in the NFL though. He is going to be asked to gain at least 15 pounds to his frame. Hopefully he can add the weight like Caddy did, and keep his speed.

I really like Bing though. He is a monster that can lay the wood, and he's a burner. His coverage skills to me are good, not as good as Landry, but he can cover. My problem with him, and one of the biggest reasons I would take Landry first, is Bing can't stay healthy. Then you add in the fact that Landry knows Miami's system, and they really need a FS with big time skilz, you take Landry all day long, and twice on Sunday's......

I can understand taking Landry, however Bing may be available later in the 1st and a trade down possibly with Denver in the late 20's could be attractive.

Back
Top Bottom