MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by trate121hb, Nov 16, 2006.

1. trate121hb

trate121hb Go Heat!

From Sun Sentinel.....Im loving this attitude...McMike's gonna have a big game

DAVIE -- If it were up to Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael he would tape over the No. 1 on his 81 jersey in honor of sidelined quarterback Daunte Culpepper when he lines up against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

McMichael knows how much work Culpepper has put in to be back on the field exactly a year [Wednesday] after undergoing major knee surgery, particularly against first-year Vikings coach Brad Childress who criticized him before dealing him to the Dolphins last March for a second-round draft choice.

"You really wish he could be out there, and it's kind of sad that he's not," McMichael said. "This is a special game for him, and I know that he would've wanted to be in this football game so we're going to go out there and play hard for him.

"We're going to carry No. 8 with us on our back when we're mashing on them."

2. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Seasoned Veteran

Whatever it takes .... just get the win ...

Then they can do it all over again next week in DET for JOEY ...

The problem on the back side is that coming into the JAX game ... will they have any 'emotion' left after these 2

3. Odizzy04

Odizzy04 Active Member

[mod] Read the TOS. Posting of entire articles is not allowed. [/mod]

The entire article...

DAVIE -- If it were up to Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael he would tape over the No. 1 on his 81 jersey in honor of sidelined quarterback Daunte Culpepper when he lines up against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

McMichael knows how much work Culpepper has put in to be back on the field exactly a year [Wednesday] after undergoing major knee surgery, particularly against first-year Vikings coach Brad Childress who criticized him before dealing him to the Dolphins last March for a second-round draft choice.

4. trate121hb

trate121hb Go Heat!

i hope we play some great football this week and i think we will.....great defense and sounf offense

5. cpeppfan

cpeppfan Well-Known Member

team made it clear daunte is their qb

alot of props to the recievers and coaches for supporting daunte and saying "without a doubt." that daunte culpepper is their future quaterback.

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Man that's a heart-warming article. Seems they all want to go out there and hit the Vikings in the mouth for the things Childress said about Culpepper. If they're taking a "Win this one for #8" mentality then maybe they will actually come out and dominate.

Will be just as good if they take a "Win this one for #3" mentality in the Lions game.

Boy if we're 5-6 heading into the mini-bye week after Thanksgiving...that's some crazy positive momentum.

7. SHEDDAWG DOLFAN

SHEDDAWG DOLFAN Well-Known Member

And they told who this? You!!!

8. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

I think we will be and we should at least be tied with the Jets by than too, our wild card chances are great if we go 10-6 because of tiebreakers with KC and Jax

9. ckparrothead

No, they told Harvey Fialkov.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ov16,0,6819676.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

10. Odizzy04

Odizzy04 Active Member

My apologies about posting the entire article. It's going to be a great game sunday hopefully we can keep our winning streak going.

11. jdang307

jdang307 FinHeaven VIP

I was just about to say haha.

12. ckparrothead

Our wildcard chances would be decent...but it is good to keep in mind that there are no scenarios in which we win a tiebreak with New England, and there are no scenarios in which we win a tiebreak with the Jets, IF they beat the Bills

We would really need the Bills to play spoiler for us to get into the playoffs, as beating the Jets would be essential to it unless the Jets go 8-8 or 9-7.

13. SHEDDAWG DOLFAN

14. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

well if the Jets lose this weekend against Chicago and we beat them there are two losses right there. maybe Green Bay or Minnesota can beat them as both are road games for NYJ

15. SHEDDAWG DOLFAN

I hope they're all right.....I hope he turns into the 2004 CPEP next year...I'll break out the #8 jersey again...I'm sure his competative spirt is off the chains...But, his playmaking abilities are nowhere near that...Until then, They try to develop Harrington and Lemon

16. bigguy1381

bigguy1381 Starter

Maybe Lemon has some potential. JH sure doesnt.

17. DolfanCole

DolfanCole FinHeaven VIP

While I like the confidence and support of Culpepper, I don't know if I like the perceived lack of support for Harrington by the players because like or not, Harrington is the one going to battle with them right now.

18. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Sounds like the players feel the same as a lot of the Culpepper supporters around here. They're gonna be extremely disheartened if he continues to fall flat on his face.

19. ckparrothead

I would really like to see Lemon get on the football field because it can help us seriously if he looks good. The guy has looked GREAT during preseason two years in a row now and other teams have definitely noticed. If he walks out onto the football field in a regular season game and continues to look good, there may be some Rick Spielman out there willing to give us a high pick for him.

20. John Biello

John Biello Perennial All-Pro

way to bring something positive as usual kud, always gotta play the dark cloud

21. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I honestly think Joey is just as good if not better than DC...Joey maybe doesn't have the size or the arm strength that DC has, but I doubt DC will ever be the mobile QB he once was. I think if Joey continues to do well then he is our QB for the future, not DC.....I would love to see DC get back to his old form but that may never happen?

22. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Chambers shouldn't be worried about who our QB of the future is he should worry about keeping his job. It's dissapointing that the players would spew this crap in the middle of the season when Harrington IS the starter. Who cares who they or anyone else thinks is the future. Why the hell bring something like that up right now. We have a wildcard to chase. Way to boost your starters confidence. Bunch of idiots.

23. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 FinHeaven Elite

I'm glad they don't have a doubt, because I have a big doubt that Culpepper will ever regain to anything like the form he was in 2004 and before.

Hope he can, but boy, I just don't know.

24. bigguy1381

bigguy1381 Starter

Joey cant continue to do well if he hasnt even started to do well. :confused:

25. ckparrothead

Or the accuracy, or the vision, or the quickness, or the leadership skills...

26. SHEDDAWG DOLFAN

Its because they're playing the Vikings, thats why....None of this would be said if not for that....We shouldn't speculate as to confidence or lack there of, the team has in Joey, because we dont know **** about it.

27. Roman529

He hasn't??? You probably didn't watch him play the last two games then.

28. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

The only dark cloud here is the teams complete lack of respect for our starting QB.

29. Breed

Breed Pro Bowler

Did Fiedler ever get the love that Harrington is getting? What has Harrington EVER done to get this kind of love?

30. SHEDDAWG DOLFAN

Oh and BigGuy1381, that sig pic is just wrong dude...:shakeno:

31. Breed

Breed Pro Bowler

I'll continue to root for the Dolphins and Harrington; but Harrington won't have my respect until he earns it. It takes more than avoiding sacks to earn my respect.

32. bigguy1381

bigguy1381 Starter

Why? Steve Irwin has done more for animal conservation than anyone ever has and ever will. He is a great person.

33. Stitches

Stitches I love Mindwarp

Not from the fans, but definitely from his teammates.

34. first&goal

first&goal A True Fan

I think you are right, is difficult not like JH when you see him improving and winning.
    DC is a big if, not only now because is injured, but for the future.

35. Stitches

Stitches I love Mindwarp

He probably thought you were trying to make light of the fact that he died. Like you are making fun of him because he is dead.

36. SHEDDAWG DOLFAN

Sorry Bro....I just took it in the wrong context....Oh and I agree

37. bigguy1381

bigguy1381 Starter

The defense won both of those games. JH made more bad plays than good plays in both of those games.

38. ckparrothead

I think it's just because of Joey's draft standing.

Which is interesting since there have been GMs come forward that say they honestly evaluated Joey Harrington as a 3rd round pick at the time. PFW ran a piece on it a while ago. One former GM was quoted saying he had Joey as a 3rd rounder and one of the reasons he got drafted so high was that Matt Millen came in new to the GM game and Harrington was no doubt talked about a lot from his college record and so Millen actually made the mistake of calling around other GMs and other teams asking what they thought of Harrington.

The problem there is when it comes to draft time they lie straight to your face, through their teeth, constantly. When you've got Millen considering taking Joey Harrington at #3 overall, and you're sitting somewhere below #3 and have Joey Harrington rated as a 2nd or 3rd rounder, you see an opportunity to have one more player fall further down the draft than he should. So they went ahead and told Millen how great Joey was.

39. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

I don't care what the reason. All this love for a QB with a bionic knee riding the pine who hasn't done **** for us in the middle of a freaking season turns my stomach.

40. Roman529

As a Dolphin's fan I really don't care whether it is Joey or DC leading the team now, or in the future.....just win baby!!!!

:dolphins:

41. Stitches

Stitches I love Mindwarp

I thought DC improved each week he was in. Does that get discounted because his name isn't Joey?

42. bigguy1381

bigguy1381 Starter

No problem

43. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

But Culpepper doesn't have to earn it? :sidelol:

Oh wait let me guess, he earned it in 04' right? Which has no relevance to the now, and the Dolphins.

44. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 FinHeaven Elite

Harrington played a big part in the wins by not making the mistakes he made early in the year.

45. ckparrothead

Yes that gets discounted. As does the fact that we did actually win a game with Daunte at QB. People like to pretend we went 0-4 under Daunte.

46. bigguy1381

bigguy1381 Starter

He made the same exact mistakes. the defense just bailed him out. KC dropped two ints that could have lost us the game, I dont think they would have because our defense is playing spectacular. But in the chicago game joey played just as bad as he always has but the defense bailed him out.

47. bigguy1381

bigguy1381 Starter

The defense is the only reason we won the past two games. Joey deserves very little credit if any.

48. ckparrothead

Actually he did make those mistakes against the Bears, and against the Chiefs some would say he made those mistakes and the Chiefs simply didn't capitalize on them. I did see an interception go right through the hands of Bernard Pollard, and another one go right through the hands of Pat Surtain.

Don't get me wrong he did an ok job in those games of playing Jay Fiedler ball, checking us out of bad plays, avoiding pressure situations, converting some short third downs to help us keep time of possession....but he didn't do a very good job of moving us down the field and scoring.

As Saban would say, he made the plays in the game that mattered relative to the final result.

Unfortunately, those plays were few and far between, and if any part of our team ever loosens up (like they did against the Pats, Jets, and Packers), we'll probably lose...like we did against the Pats, Jets, and Packers.

49. first&goal

first&goal A True Fan

I'm not agaisnt DC at all, I always liked him and I was happy when Saban got him.
    My point was, that I'm concerne over is injury and how long before is back at 100%

50. SHEDDAWG DOLFAN

Settle down...Your gona have a stroke at the computer:lol: .....You asked!!!