MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Dolphins dedicating Minnesota game to # 8\C-Pepe is QB of future

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Harrington played a big part in the wins by not making the mistakes he made early in the year.
He made the same exact mistakes. the defense just bailed him out. KC dropped two ints that could have lost us the game, I dont think they would have because our defense is playing spectacular. But in the chicago game joey played just as bad as he always has but the defense bailed him out.

The defense is the only reason we won the past two games. Joey deserves very little credit if any.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Harrington played a big part in the wins by not making the mistakes he made early in the year.

Actually he did make those mistakes against the Bears, and against the Chiefs some would say he made those mistakes and the Chiefs simply didn't capitalize on them. I did see an interception go right through the hands of Bernard Pollard, and another one go right through the hands of Pat Surtain.

Don't get me wrong he did an ok job in those games of playing Jay Fiedler ball, checking us out of bad plays, avoiding pressure situations, converting some short third downs to help us keep time of possession....but he didn't do a very good job of moving us down the field and scoring.

As Saban would say, he made the plays in the game that mattered relative to the final result.

Unfortunately, those plays were few and far between, and if any part of our team ever loosens up (like they did against the Pats, Jets, and Packers), we'll probably lose...like we did against the Pats, Jets, and Packers.

Frisches13283 said:
I thought DC improved each week he was in. Does that get discounted because his name isn't Joey?
I'm not agaisnt DC at all, I always liked him and I was happy when Saban got him.
My point was, that I'm concerne over is injury and how long before is back at 100%

KuD said:
I don't care what the reason. All this love for a QB with a bionic knee riding the pine who hasn't done **** for us in the middle of a freaking season turns my stomach.

Settle down...Your gona have a stroke at the computer:lol: .....You asked!!!

ckparrothead said:
Actually he did make those mistakes against the Bears, and against the Chiefs some would say he made those mistakes and the Chiefs simply didn't capitalize on them. I did see an interception go right through the hands of Bernard Pollard, and another one go right through the hands of Pat Surtain.

Don't get me wrong he did an ok job in those games of playing Jay Fiedler ball, checking us out of bad plays, avoiding pressure situations, converting some short third downs to help us keep time of possession....but he didn't do a very good job of moving us down the field and scoring.

As Saban would say, he made the plays in the game that mattered relative to the final result.

Unfortunately, those plays were few and far between, and if any part of our team ever loosens up (like they did against the Pats, Jets, and Packers), we'll probably lose...like we did against the Pats, Jets, and Packers.

And that's all we can ask right now, I was one who always respect what Fiedler did for us, he won a lot of games.

I'm just saying you can't say Harrington had no part in the wins, that's just plain silly.

And I'm neither a Harrington or Culpepper supporter, I wanted neither.

i glad the receiver want him as the starting qb.....but when does the receivers desides who starts.....and i am sure that when bell had the start tillman was the one who make that decision....:shakeno:

KuD said:
But Culpepper doesn't have to earn it? :sidelol:

Oh wait let me guess, he earned it in 04' right? Which has no relevance to the now, and the Dolphins.

Culpepper is 1 1/2 years older than Harrington and did more in his first year starting than what Harrington has done in a career. If Culpepper retires tommorow, he would be a 'has been'. If Harrington retires right now, he's a 'never has been'. Maybe it's just me, but I have far more respect for a 3 time Pro Bowler, than I have for a QB that has been among the 5 worst starting QBs every year he's been in the NFL.

Culpepper should've never started the season in the first place, all that did was set him back. If Culpepper's knee never gets better, he still won't be much worse (if any) than a healthy Harrington; and Culpepper has much more upside when healthy.

What I really care is winning, I want the best QB to play, doesn't matter to me if is JH or DC.

SHEDDAWG DOLFAN said:
Its funny....It seems some ppl here are Joey or CPEP supporters more so than Dolphins supporters....

You can't be a dolphins supporter and have a favorite? I mean, lots of people's fav. reciever is Welker. Doesn't mean he is our best reciever, or that we don't support the other recievers.

Breed said:
Culpepper is 1 1/2 years older than Harrington and did more in his first year starting than what Harrington has done in a career. If Culpepper retires tommorow, he would be a 'has been'. If Harrington retires right now, he's a 'never has been'. Maybe it's just me, but I have far more respect for a 3 time Pro Bowler, than I have for a QB that has been among the 5 worst starting QBs every year he's been in the NFL.

Culpepper should've never started the season in the first place, all that did was set him back. If Culpepper's knee never gets better, he still won't be much worse (if any) than a healthy Harrington; and Culpepper has much more upside when healthy.
right now joey is polling the wins and that what matters the hear and now not the has been or never been

Breed said:

WHO CARES!! Why would you care about something so trivial as what he did two years ago without the Dolphins, long before his injury. That is completely irrelevant right now. Your logic couldn't be anymore ridiculous. Yeah he's proven cause he was once good. Is Kurt Warner proven? Is Mark Brunell? How about Drew Bledsoe? Should they remain the starters of their teams because they were once good?

ckparrothead said:
I would really like to see Lemon get on the football field because it can help us seriously if he looks good. The guy has looked GREAT during preseason two years in a row now and other teams have definitely noticed. If he walks out onto the football field in a regular season game and continues to look good, there may be some Rick Spielman out there willing to give us a high pick for him.
yeah the guy could end up like Tony Romo, a hidden gem who makes the offense better right away

Frisches13283 said:
You can't be a dolphins supporter and have a favorite? I mean, lots of people's fav. reciever is Welker. Doesn't mean he is our best reciever, or that we don't support the other recievers.

Thats not what I'm saying at all....These ppl I speak of cant get out of their own way to see the points of other posters.....They just seem to talk **** about the other QB...Efor example, I love Wes Welker, but do I **** on CHambers and say WElker is better..Thats my point

Back
Top Bottom