Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

WTF difference does it make if you get a quality player through the draft, trade, free agency, or alien invasion? How many men can START for even the WORST NFL team? Harrington was a 1st round Draft pick to the third Worst team that year. Is it his fault they haven't one more games? Can anybody tell me another Q-back that has had a Pro-bowl season in DETROIT??? Get real, If we drafted a player like Joey Harrington in the 6th round this year you guys would be cheering for days.
Get-r-done SABAN!!!

Wouldn't you think the franchise would have learned its lesson about Oregon QBs?

NMNB said:
Actually, it is the case. Daunte's injury was not only the ligaments, but the entire structure of the knee.

I haven't seen this statement made anywhere else ?? Is this opinion or do you have a link ?? Would/could make a big difference in the need for a Harrington over a Maddox ??

NMNB said:
Wouldn't you think the franchise would have learned its lesson about Oregon QBs?
Feeley was Harringtons BACKUP in Oregon, he never should have been a starter in the NFL either.

Puka-head said:
WTF difference does it make if you get a quality player through the draft, trade, free agency, or alien invasion? How many men can START for even the WORST NFL team? Harrington was a 1st round Draft pick to the third Worst team that year. Is it his fault they haven't one more games? Can anybody tell me another Q-back that has had a Pro-bowl season in DETROIT??? Get real, If we drafted a player like Joey Harrington in the 6th round this year you guys would be cheering for days.
Get-r-done SABAN!!!

Yes, he played for a terrible franchise with little talent around him IMO. He could be a decent player...he will be a good backup for us....yes, get-r-done SABAN!!!

Mularkey will do with Harrington what Childress did with Feeley

and we will be happy

Cuban B said:
this guy gets it!

:clap:

thats exactly what that trade was about

freeing up cap space and actually getting him outta town

In that case, they could've waived AJ and saved the pick. The trade was about getting Lemon.

NMNB said:
In that case, they could've waived AJ and saved the pick. The trade was about getting Lemon.
No then we would have had cap penalties and only two QB's. Feely had a long large contract and the penalties would have killed us.

LarryFinFan said:
I haven't seen this statement made anywhere else ?? Is this opinion or do you have a link ?? Would/could make a big difference in the need for a Harrington over a Maddox ??

It's not my opinion. It's a fact. Didn't you read any of the reports after the injury? Daunte's knee injury was one of the worst in recent NFL history. It was without a doubt more serious than Palmer's.

On the plus side, Daunte has had more time to recover because it happened early in the season.

G-Force said:
No then we would have had cap penalties and only two QB's. Feely had a long large contract and the penalties would have killed us.

Wrong. Trading a guy is the exact same thing as waiving him.

That trade was made because the FO thought highly of Lemon. Period.

ESPN News says it's close

listed as BREAKING NEWS...close to 2 year deal w/Joey.

:D

NMNB said:
Wrong. Trading a guy is the exact same thing as waiving him.

That trade was made because the FO thought highly of Lemon. Period.
No one wanted to pick Feely up because off the waiver they would have his contract. Wanny overpaid him and we dealt him the only way we could without hurting us. If Lemmon was that important why did we get Culpepper and are now looking for a back-up? Sorry you are misinformed or just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom