Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

Puka-head said:
He's not just quick, he's Psychic. It's not even Sunday yet!!:lol:

Man...you left coasters have it made! Don't forget about daylight saving tonight!

Helloooooo!!!

Did you guys not see in the article where it said that harrington believes that daunte's injury is worse than carson's? That's not true.... Or is it.? Makes me worried

In one off-season Saban has delivered Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington...and we'll still have 2 first day draft picks...

Genius. He took the worst Q.B. situation in the NFL and made it a top 10 situation without giving up the farm...I love Nick Saban.

I think this offseason pretty much does away with all of last year's talk that Saban hates trading draft picks.

I think he's getting another steal. I'm not a huge fan of Joey, but he's the best guy available. If he gets in and plays well this year, he might even have some trade value next year. For a 6th rounder you can't lose. Do It.

HEY!!!! Noone saw where it said that culpeppers injury is worse than palmers!!!???

IronChef said:
HEY!!!! Noone saw where it said that culpeppers injury is worse than palmers!!!???
I'm not too worried what Harrington and his agent think about Culpepper's injury. The season is still over 5 months away, it is hard to predict what will happen. I do feel more comfortable with Joey as the starter in week 1, then I would with someone like Maddox.

I dont like this move, but then again, who am I? Some random guy sitting behind a computer.

The upside is that Harrington has significant starting experience in the League; hes also bright and seemingly coachable. I question whether hes worth any kind of low round pick, not to mention to $2 million a year contract. Having said that, Ive never been the kind of fan who claims to know more than the coaching staff on personel decisions, so I'll defer to Nick and Randy here.

IronChef said:

Everyone knew Daunte's injury was worse then Palmer's...he tore three ligaments.

Daunte had surgery 5 months ago, Palmer went under the knife 2 months ago...Daunte's doing straight line running and has full range of motion. Without setbacks Daunte will be ready for the opener.

Jimmy James said:
I think this offseason pretty much does away with all of last year's talk that Saban hates trading draft picks.

if this deal goes thru...

then yeah pretty much

the media made Saban seem like Gollum from Lord of The Rings relative to draft picks

Nick Saban --"My Precious Draft Picks!! My Precious Picks!"

glad to see he's not giving them away though. He's the man!

unifiedtheory said:
Everyone knew Daunte's injury was worse then Palmer's...he tore three ligaments.

I didnt know that. There were reports that Palmers injury was career threatening.

Surferosa said:
I dont like this move, but then again, who am I? Some random guy sitting behind a computer.

The upside is that Harrington has significant starting experience in the League; hes also bright and seemingly coachable. I question whether hes worth any kind of low round pick, not to mention to $2 million a year contract. Having said that, Ive never been the kind of fan who claims to know more than the coaching staff on personel decisions, so I'll defer to Nick and Randy here.
I'm not a Harrington fan either...I think he is soft. That being said, if you had told me 12 months ago that our back up Q.B. would be Joey Harrington and we'd still have 2 first day draft picks (including our 1st rounder) I would have been elated.

The money is a little high but, we NEED a back-up Q.B. so we are forced to overpay a little bit. It's not a cap crippling move by any stretch of the imagination, if it was Nick and Mule would'nt throw that kind of contract at him.

In the end it is a HELL of a lot better then having Tommy Maddox as a backup...

Surferosa said:
I didnt know that. There were reports that Palmers injury was career threatening.

Daunte's injury was much worse...

The Palmer injury was overblown by a doctor who wanted his name in the paper.

The biggest thing is Daunte did his in October and Palmer did his in January. Palmer will be lucky to start a game by October while Daunte will be starting by mid-September without setbacks.

Back
Top Bottom