Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

unifiedtheory said:
Daunte's injury was much worse...

The Palmer injury was overblown by a doctor who wanted his name in the paper.

The biggest thing is Daunte did his in October and Palmer did his in January. Palmer will be lucky to start a game by October while Daunte will be starting by mid-September without setbacks.

Agreed. The clock is ticking with Palmer, and it remains to be seen if he'll be ready on time.

IronChef said:
HEY!!!! Noone saw where it said that culpeppers injury is worse than palmers!!!???

Palmer's injury is not as bad as you may have heard if you were basing it on the comments his doctor made about "potentially career threatening".

Palmer got an ACL replacement and MCL repair. Palmer's kneecap was also dislocated.

I forget what was replaced and what was repaired for Culpepper, but he had replacements or repairs to ACL, MCL, and PCL.

If you count ligaments, Culpepper's injury is more serious. Frankly, I don't expect anybody but the people who have reviewed films and other documentation from the medical files of both players really know who was hurt worse.

i just had a thought

maybe this "source" is saying that Harrington was/ is close to agreeing on a deal with Miami to drive his price up with Cinncinati

i would think the Bengals would be a little desperate right now to sign a quarterback because chances are Palmer won't be ready for the start of the season and they lost Jon Kitna in free-agency

Culpepper seems like he'd be ready for the season opener and if he's healthy this season and barring injury, Joey won't get much playing time

i think Harrington would get more playing time in Cinncinati

:confused:

i still hope we get him though

Cuban B said:
two 7th's sounds just about right

:ffic:
Using 4 picks on 3 qb's this year and only having 4 draft picks in this years draft sounds like a very boring draft to me. They better pick someone exciting with their 1st rounder.

PhinsRDbest said:
They better pick someone exciting with there 1st rounder.

do you consider offensive linemen exciting?

:confused:

I like the 2 year strategy a lot. If Harrington comes in, blows up for a four or six game stretch, and turns his career around, it means that Miami would be in a position to trade him (potentially for more than he cost) to a team in need of a QB like Dallas, Minnesota, Green Bay, or Kansas City.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Yaay lets give up more draft picks for another qb :rolleyes: 2nd for Culpepper 6th for Lemon and now another for Harrington? I thought Saban liked his draft picks.
Well I think its safe to say that if they do trade for Harrington we may never see another Dolphin trade in another 3-4 years(Other than trade downs and Players for picks).

Jimmy James said:
I like the 2 year strategy a lot. If Harrington comes in, blows up for a four or six game stretch, and turns his career around, it means that Miami would be in a position to trade him (potentially for more than he cost) to a team in need of a QB like Dallas, Minnesota, Green Bay, or Kansas City.

I like it man.

If we trade 2 7ths for him then can turn around and sell him for a 4th maybe higher depending on how will he does that would be awesome.

For a 7th round pick this is one of those VERY low risk high reward situations.

Remember Harrington was first round talent. He may just need a change of scenary.

What is more likely to happen?

Harrington playing solid and getting traded for more then a 7th next year
or
A 7th round pick being traded next year for more then a 7th rounder

PhinsRDbest said:
Well I think its safe to say that if they do trade for Harrington we may never see another Dolphin trade in another 3-4 years(Other than trade downs and Players for picks).

Heck go ahead and send GB our 3rd for Walker.

I know that would mean that we would have basically no picks left. BUt if you think about it realistically

We drafted Culpepper in the 2nd
Drafted Walker in the 3rd
Drafted Harrington in the 7th

2 pro Bolwers and a 1st round talent all in 1 draft plus still having a 1st round pick to boot.

Just putting the trading draft picks in perspective. I know it would be a boring draft but I would rather trade a pick on sure talent that is still young and has a good 7 years left in them as opposed to just drafting a rookie who may never pan out

Mark my words, Harrington will do alot better with Mularkey and Garrett than he ever could with the Lions

Mularkey had Maddox and Stewart as QB's and parlayed it into a HC job

let that sink in

Nublar7 said:
Excellent news! I know there are people against having Joey here, but I think he would be a GREAT backup for us. If the Lions want at least the value of a 6th rounder for him, I say we give them two of our 7th rounders this year, or just give them a 6th rounder in 2007. Joey is worth it. Come on Saban, pull the trigger! :D
Joey is going to be a star somewhere unfortunately not with the lions:dolphins:

Ok, someone help me understand this. Saban comes in a year ago with alot of talk about building through the draft and the very next year gives up practically all Miami's picks? I'm not slamming him, just trying to understand his thinking process. I'm a bit confused at this point with all the picks the team has given up so far. Besides the first round what other picks does Miami have?

Back
Top Bottom