Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

How can any Dolphin fan think this is good news? It probably is the worst news possible.

WHy would anyone want a young #3 overrall pick who still wants to start but now will be a backup?? All thats going to do is create a controversy. ANytime you guys lose or DC has a bad game, there will be 10 threads saying start Harrington, just watch.

I just think its a bad thing.

Maddox, even though he strugled last year, would be the best choice. A VET who wont cause problems.

wow what IF this guy actually played to his potential (meaning where he was drafted).

i don't like harrington but i like this little fact of the article:

Ohio State wide receiver Santonio Holmes worked out for the Dolphins on Friday. Holmes is considered one of the top receivers in the draft and a likely first-round pick. Dolphins coach Nick Saban and general manager Randy Mueller were among those who watched Holmes catch passes.

santonio holmes is the best all around wr in the draft and he would be a nice pick for us in the draft...

DaBills4life said:
How can any Dolphin fan think this is good news? It probably is the worst news possible.

WHy would anyone want a young #3 overrall pick who still wants to start but now will be a backup?? All thats going to do is create a controversy. ANytime you guys lose or DC has a bad game, there will be 10 threads saying start Harrington, just watch.

Maddox, even though he strugled last year, would be the best choice. A VET who wont cause problems.

you should worry about your own QB situation before you come here and start telling us what a mistake we're making... so do you think anyone will offer you anything for JP ? I mean your franchise's future is on the trading block right? Maybe YOU should pick up Tommy...

<---------------#1 Harrington fan from all of the Miami fan base!

Harrington is better than the #'s

He will not cause trouble. He took everything in stride in Detroit with class and will do the same for us. And besides, he might see the field early on b/c Culpepper is not 100% and very well could not be ready to go by week 1.

Dolfan984 said:
Better than Maddox, better than Fiedler. Probably the 2nd best backup on the market, I'll take it. :)

At least we know he's better than Feely. Well - at least he was at Oregon...

Nublar7 said:
Excellent news! I know there are people against having Joey here, but I think he would be a GREAT backup for us. If the Lions want at least the value of a 6th rounder for him, I say we give them two of our 7th rounders this year, or just give them a 6th rounder in 2007. Joey is worth it. Come on Saban, pull the trigger! :D

i think its the best possible situation with whats out there. At least joey has alot of experience. I feel much more comfortable now. I think we will be drafting OL.

Jimmy James said:
I think this offseason pretty much does away with all of last year's talk that Saban hates trading draft picks.

At least he is getting good value for the picks.

The only one that I querry is giving up a sixth for Lemon but its too early to tell whether that was a good decision or not.

Unlike Wanny,Nick thinks the QB position is important and he is taking care of business.

If we find ourselves with too many QBs in the future we can always trade one of them and get some picks back.

DaBills4life said:

For the Bills, yes it probably is. :sidelol:

Jimmy James said:
I think this offseason pretty much does away with all of last year's talk that Saban hates trading draft picks.

not me, I don't think any philosophy has changed. The needs and market were such that he had no choice.

Nublar7 said:
Excellent news! I know there are people against having Joey here, but I think he would be a GREAT backup for us. If the Lions want at least the value of a 6th rounder for him, I say we give them two of our 7th rounders this year, or just give them a 6th rounder in 2007. Joey is worth it. Come on Saban, pull the trigger! :D

I agree Nublar, Joey would be great. Playing in Detroit wasnt really a great starting point and they never really got better, they got talent but not better as a team. A step back where the pressure is not on him, where he can relax and regroup as a backup my help him tremendously. With a solid coaching staff and support cast here, he can learn and get better.

DaBills4life said:

That is why it is a 2 year deal for one, he CHOSE the Dolphins, if it works out that way for another. How would he be a distraction if he chose to come here and knew it was in a backup role? There is no controversy there, Daunte is the starter, Joey knows that and if he choses to come here, accepts that.

Back
Top Bottom